Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my grandson was taken, i need as much input and help as i can get

Post my grandson was taken, i need as much input and help as i can get

ok, heres the story. my youngest daughter sky was living in Oswego Illinois with her boyfriend and their son.
    there was going to be a court thing to prove paternity and he simply became to violent and wouldnt stay off the weed.
    she left with my grandson and came home to her mother.
    yesterday she filed and PFC ( i believe it was called) so he couldn't claim or take Conrad. (my grandson).
    some how sams mother (the supposed fathers mother) was able to get it over turned. showed up today and had a court order to take Conrad.
    Some how i need to find a lawyer here in Wichita (where my daughter lives now) and in Oswego.
    My ex (Shannons mother) is doing what she can to get a lawyer in both places, but money is a major issue on getting 2 different lawyers, or a lawyer that can handle the case in both states.
    I am looking for anyone who can point out a good lawyer (or lawyers) that won't charge her an arm and a leg that can help my daughter get my grandson back.
    The supposed father is a pothead and has previous charges against him. his mother has several past court problems aswell. ( i believe DUI's)
    in the long run i know that my daughter should be able to win the case against them and be able to get my grandson back. but his mother has previously threatened to take Conrad (grandson) and run. so I know the moment it looks like the case will be going against them she will do exactly that.
    I need a lawyer fast that can hit her hard and fast so she doesnt have a chance to.
    Does anyone know of any decent lawyer in either or both areas that would be able and willing to help? I know finding a "pro-bono" or any half way decent lawyer would end up leaving us with a lawyer that would end up tying things up in court which would give her plenty of time to just vanish with my grandson.
    i need some kind of input or help that can help us prevent that from happening.
    please someone tell me you know of someone who can help?
    as it sits she already has Conrad and is on her way back to Oswego with my grandson. so time is already against me from ever seeing him again. he is my 2nd grandchild, and the first born of my daughter Shannon.
    right now the only option *EDITed* no chance of them ever seeing him again. i know saying that, even more-so in a public forum is beyond stupid, but i am extremely desperate.
    someone please help my sky baby get her son back.
    any advice, or introductions that could be made between her and someone who could help her would make me beyond any type of greatfull to you.

There is nothing i will not do to get my grandson back with his mother.
    I'm just at a complete loss of what to do. I have no way to financially help her, (as i know many of you already know) so I am hoping someone in this great community of people could offer some type of advice knows where i can get her the help she needs.
    if there is any way anyone can help and i will owe you my life and will do anything you want me to do.

just someone please help my baby get her baby back.
    Last edited by IFMU; 10-13-2011 at 02:31 PM.

sorry..... edited out something i shouldnt have posted..

Xtreme Cruncher
    mate - i have no words to say other than i hope you manage to get him back.

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Cruncher
    As the father of 3 daughters and grandfather of 7 I SERIOUSLY hate you and your daughter are going this. I pray things work out.

Some areas have a Legal Aid Society. At the least they may have advise and be able to recommend someone, at best maybe they will help.

Good luck!!!

Free Legal Aid Kansas

Wichita Lawyers Care / Kansas Legal Services - Sedgwick County
    200 N Broadway St Ste 500 Wichita KS 67202-2322 Phone: 316-265-9681 Fax: 316-265-5902

Case Types: Divorce, Domestic Violence, Adoption, Bankruptcy, AIDS/HIV, Consumer, Child Custody, Housing, Torts
    Last edited by PoppaGeek; 10-13-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Xtreme Member
    i know this is ca, but it might be a path to somewhere:
    http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-guardianship.htm

also, i think it will be better to find only a lawyer in Illinois because each state will have different laws and it seems like that's where the case will be held.

lastly, maybe you can call social services and just ask where you can find legal help? i would be just very general about asking them from help and not get into specifics because sometimes the workers are a bit over zealous and jump the gun.

anyway, good luck and best wishes.

thanks for the links now just to hope the lawyers dont want the first borns just for a stupid ass consult.

the fun part is now finding funds for paying for the lame-azz lawyers.

anyone interested in buying a PC? it's not a great system, but if i need to sell it to help pay for lawyers fees, so be it.

i know im not in the right area for this, so ban me once my system sells. it doesnt matter anyway. i need funds to help pay for a few good lawyers.

Oh snap!

Sorry I can't be of any help here, all I can say is I hope and pray it all works out for the best and the scumbag gets the boot permanently.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    I can't help with finances as I recently purchased a car with my fiance. The good news is that in Illinois, it is VERY hard for the father to get custody of the child. I knew a guy who had a child with someone and she turned to drugs later on. He had to fight tooth and nail for him to get custody (clean, breadwinner and a great father) from his drug addicted ex.

Honestly, I do not know how the 'mother-in-law' was able to get the child since your daughter is the mother. That seems very very strange and I would have not given up my child to this person. It is MY blood and they would have to toss me in jail before they took my child. In fact, I thought the state had to deploy an official to serve a court order WITH the police present to take custody of the child. I'd look into seeing if that court order was real. If it was not real, that is a HUGE deal since the 'mother-in-law' is breaking the law and you could get the police involved to get the kid back faster.

Just my 2 cents.
    Main Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz, Thermalright HR-02 Macho, Gigabyte Z68MA-DH2-B3, 4x4GB Gskill DDR3-1600, Visiontek Radeon 7850, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, OCZ Agility 60GB, Silverstone TJ08B-E, Seasonic X750, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Fiance's Rig: Apple iMac 21.5" 2011, i5 2.5ghz, 4GB DDR3-1333, Radeon 6750m, 500GB

Xtreme Cruncher
    Man, that's tough.

What I'm about to say isn't legal advice, only my opinion...

First, if you believe the child is in imminent danger, you should open a case with Oswego CPS immediately. Given the history of substance abuse with this guy & his mother, you may want to do that anyway. Zero cost to you, and they will send a social worker over to inspect the residence & living conditions. Of course, it depends on their caseload as to how fast this would happen - but it is something. If you go this route, do not make any wild exaggerations to the CPS folks. This can get you into serious trouble.

Second, be patient. These things always take months (or more) to resolve. I hope you don't think I'm being insensitive here, but unless you're worried about the guy harming the child or going into hiding, there's no need to call out the cavalry just yet. In particular, I wouldn't worry about finding a lawyer in Illinois right away. You should find a good family law attorney locally to speak with first, preferably someone with a personal connection if possible. He/she will be able to advise you on the best course of action, and if they're worth their salt, they'll be able to muster the appropriate legal resources in Illinois when/if the time comes.

Third, take heart - family courts in every US state lean heavily towards awarding the mother primary custody. You may well be in for a fight if the father has any financial resources to speak of, but from the sounds of things you're going to have a lot stronger argument than he is.

Fourth, well, is there some way we can "pass the hat" around here, or is that an XS no-no? Would love to be able to provide something more than just moral support.

Again, just my opinions, take 'em or leave 'em.

Best of luck

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kjeldoran View Post
    I can't help with finances as I recently purchased a car with my fiance. The good news is that in Illinois, it is VERY hard for the father to get custody of the child. I knew a guy who had a child with someone and she turned to drugs later on. He had to fight tooth and nail for him to get custody (clean, breadwinner and a great father) from his drug addicted ex.

Honestly, I do not know how the 'mother-in-law' was able to get the child since your daughter is the mother. That seems very very strange and I would have not given up my child to this person. It is MY blood and they would have to toss me in jail before they took my child. In fact, I thought the state had to deploy an official to serve a court order WITH the police present to take custody of the child. I'd look into seeing if that court order was real. If it was not real, that is a HUGE deal since the 'mother-in-law' is breaking the law and you could get the police involved to get the kid back faster.

Just my 2 cents.
    Edit: I am no lawyer. This is just a few hours on google and my best advice.

Might double check me on this but if I'm reading this right:

The person serving the court order must be a court official, such as a sheriff, marshal, constable, bailiff or coroner if your county population is over 1 Million. If less than 1 Million, it can also be issued by a person who is licensed or registered as a private detective. The court may also order service to be made by a private person over 18 years of age and not a party to the action, but in all cases:

Service must be made by a party in the action.

Call the cops. If, somehow she really does have a real court order, since it was delivered improperly you can "file a motion to quash service of process" and actually must do so before filing any other plea (with the exception of a plea for time extension).

http://www.illinoisprobono.org/index...&contentID=277
    http://www.serve-now.com/resources/p...#735ILCS522031

I'll let you know if I find anything else - but wanted to raise this asap.

Federal Law:
    Many states take a simple approach and allow service by any person over the age of 18 who is not a party to the suit. Under federal law service of anything other than a summons, complaint, or subpoena must be made by a U.S. marshal, a deputy marshal, or someone else appointed by the court.
    http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...ice+of+Process
    Last edited by Otis11; 10-13-2011 at 06:12 PM.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Try these places:

Wichita Lawyers Care / Kansas Legal Services
    Primary Address: 200 N Broadway St Ste 500
    City: Wichita
    State: KS
    Zipcode: 67202-2322
    General Phone: 316-265-9681
    Fax: 316-265-5902
    Intake Phone: 316-265-9681
    Counties Served: Sedgwick
    Case Types: AIDS/HIV, Adoption, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Domestic Violence, Housing, Torts

Prairie State Legal Services Inc. Volunteer Lawyer's Project
    Primary Address: 191 S Chicago Ave
    City: Kankakee
    State: IL
    Zipcode: 60901-4002
    General Phone: 815-935-2750
    Fax: 815-935-0906
    Counties Served: Kankakee, Kendall, Iroquois
    Case Types: Adoption, Bankruptcy, Consumer, Child Custody, Dissolution of Marriage, Housing, Real Estate, Wills
    Case Restrictions: For divorces - physical abuse needs to be present in some counties
    Web Site: http://www.pslegal.org

Banned Movieman...
    im not saying your lying but there has got to be a little more to this story that you may not know. I only say that because kjeldoran is right. In Illinois the mother is 99.99999% more than likely to keep the kid even if she is so drug addicted that the kid comes out addicted to drugs at birth. this state is that stupid. So maybe you should see if there may be just a tad bit more to the story than you are being told.

I was in a bad situation a few months back. ended up arrested for what amounted to self defense. it was complete BS as i was being attacked with a baseball bat so i naturally defended(were talking barely a push). bailed out, and eventually everything was dropped and we got all of the bail money back. I had plenty of witnesses and the cop refused to talk to any of them.

Xtreme Cruncher
    ^ That's what makes me think the court order was faked... It's way to hard for a father to gain custody, plus the method of delivery does not agree with anything I can find in the law...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis11 View Post
    ^ That's what makes me think the court order was faked... It's way to hard for a father to gain custody, plus the method of delivery does not agree with anything I can find in the law...
    Yep, even with an official there would have had to have been a extra police and/or DFS there to take the child. There wouldn't have been the 'mother-in-law' + the offiicial as it would be too risky for both parties. The other thing is timing. Your daughter filed with the PFC yesterday and the 'mother-in-law' overturned it and was able to get a court order the same day? Seems way too fast...

Some more information is needed.
    Main Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz, Thermalright HR-02 Macho, Gigabyte Z68MA-DH2-B3, 4x4GB Gskill DDR3-1600, Visiontek Radeon 7850, OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, OCZ Agility 60GB, Silverstone TJ08B-E, Seasonic X750, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Fiance's Rig: Apple iMac 21.5" 2011, i5 2.5ghz, 4GB DDR3-1333, Radeon 6750m, 500GB

Xtreme Cruncher
    Dude - if you really are telling us everything, call the cops, your grandson was just kidnapped...

Fanboy of Good Products
    I absolutely agree that there is more to this story than what we know (and maybe you too imfu).
    Illinois is not the only state where the mother pretty much gets to keep the kid no matter what.
    My best friend had a child with his now ex in West Virginia and even though she lied under oath twice, was convicted of two felonies, had no job, no home of her own, and lived with different "boyfriends" off and on, it took him two years to finally get custody (and even then it wasn't full custody). He has a steady well-paying job, a good wife, a nice house, no criminal record and no dependency on drugs or alcohol.
    So yeah, something else is definitely going on here. Kids don't get taken away from their mothers without some serious circumstances.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

Quote Originally Posted by SMTB1963 View Post
    Second, be patient. These things always take months (or more) to resolve. I hope you don't think I'm being insensitive here, but unless you're worried about the guy harming the child or going into hiding, there's no need to call out the cavalry just yet. In particular, I wouldn't worry about finding a lawyer in Illinois right away. You should find a good family law attorney locally to speak with first, preferably someone with a personal connection if possible. He/she will be able to advise you on the best course of action, and if they're worth their salt, they'll be able to muster the appropriate legal resources in Illinois when/if the time comes.
    i understand the patience, but i know this guys family. the minute it looks like his mother may be loosing this case, which i know when all the truths come to light, him and his mother will not be able to win. they will take Conrad and run.
    Fourth, well, is there some way we can "pass the hat" around here, or is that an XS no-no? Would love to be able to provide something more than just moral support.
    there are no rules against something as such, but considering that it's been done for me before, i really doubt it would again. no offense meant, but i mean how many times can any one person expect help like that.
    thanks for the thought though.
    Best of luck
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by pirogue View Post
    Try these places:
    aye, we've a number of places were going to try to talk to, but i just know that if we don't get a good lawyer fighting on my daughters side asap, i may never see him again.... which is what makes me feel so nervous about the grandmother being allowed to leave stat with him.

thanks to everyone for the input and advice... i just not let him and his mother take my grandson, no matter the "cost"

ok, i'm still shaking and trying to call down my nerves and all.
    i will try to give in a few more details shortly.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    I absolutely agree that there is more to this story than what we know (and maybe you too imfu).
    Illinois is not the only state where the mother pretty much gets to keep the kid no matter what.
    My best friend had a child with his now ex in West Virginia and even though she lied under oath twice, was convicted of two felonies, had no job, no home of her own, and lived with different "boyfriends" off and on, it took him two years to finally get custody (and even then it wasn't full custody). He has a steady well-paying job, a good wife, a nice house, no criminal record and no dependency on drugs or alcohol.
    So yeah, something else is definitely going on here. Kids don't get taken away from their mothers without some serious circumstances.
    or some serious lies backed up by someone with a vested interest.

IFMU, my heart goes out to you. I've put feelers out to get your situation some more attention from people I know States-side but that's about all I can do. I'm sorry.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Movieman...
    I say no matter what call the cops. IMO, from what you have told us it appears you have had your grandson kidnapped.

Xtreme Member
    Cant offer you any support

But I wish you good luck with this problem!

Main Rig:
    - i7 2600k + Noctua NH-C14 - GTX 570
    - 16 GB RAM - Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
    - 1x 256GB Corsair Performance Pro SSD
    - 1x 256GB Samsung 830 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    I say no matter what call the cops. IMO, from what you have told us it appears you have had your grandson kidnapped.
    only problem with that is that the cops were there for this.

Banned Movieman...
    how did she get a court order in less than 24 hours? and were the cops there when she brought the court order?

my daughter fled Oswego several days ago. The 9th I believe. The Grandmother of the father showed uo yesterday, the 14th with a court ruling overturning the PFC (?) my daughter got on the 13th.
    Yes she did show up with a county sheriff in tow.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by IFMU View Post
    i understand the patience, but i know this guys family. the minute it looks like his mother may be loosing this case, which i know when all the truths come to light, him and his mother will not be able to win. they will take Conrad and run.
    Damn. I would start a case with CPS in the IL city/county where your grandchild will be living (if known). CPS will almost certainly require the father/grandmother to maintain a current address with them until custody is adjudicated. May not stop them from fleeing, but it will definitely make the penalties for going on the lam more severe. Again, no lawyer/money up front to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by IFMU View Post
    there are no rules against something as such, but considering that it's been done for me before, i really doubt it would again. no offense meant, but i mean how many times can any one person expect help like that. thanks for the thought though.
    From what I've seen in my short stint here, I think a person can expect help from this community on multiple occasions. I wasn't here before, but if you've gotten any help from XS in the past, I'd say you're likely to get help now as well. Times are tough, so maybe you shouldn't expect much - but don't let your pride get in the way.

(NOT ADDRESSED TO IFMU)

So guys, how did you support IFMU in the past? Is there an existing paypal account? Did you buy a stick of RAM from him for $500? What? Feel free to PM me & I'll take the lead on getting a legal fund going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast