Thread: The proliferation of money and influence into our community (ie bulldozer)

Xtreme Addict

The proliferation of money and influence into our community (ie bulldozer)

People have been tap-dancing around this issue since the 12th but I'm going to come right out and say it. All of the people who lied and besmirched in the efforts to cover-up what happened yesterday ought to be ashamed of themselves. The level of influence hardware companies have been able to get their hooks into on sites like this and others have severely damaged the credibility of everything rumored and said here. Perhaps I'm being naive but I cannot recall an occasion back when I joined when it had gotten to be this bad.

It is one thing to get free hardware to show in a neutral to the community here; it is another when folks are given equipment to influence outcome. OPBR and others were laughed at and or banned back when the start rumors of bulldozer came into light. Almost immediately we had people with long reputations and outstanding contributions began attacking anyone who towed anything other than "bulldozer is great.. trust us".

Well I did and I feel like a sucker for it. I don't know who to be more angry at; AMD or those who helped deceive those who frequent these boards.

What happened to the days where brands didn't matter?
    What happened to when this was a hobby where we all could join in?
    How have we let the celebrity status of certain individuals become kingmakers?

Quote Originally Posted by Brightsideofnews.com
    "The minute we started losing performance leadership, which was Woodcrest/Conroe/Merom timeframe was when we started to put together active groups that would discredit SYSmark."
    http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...rformance.aspx

They are talking about OUR community......... these people need to be held to account for what was said. It is our duty to make sure they are NOT allowed to re-write the past.
    Last edited by Sentential; 10-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

Admin

OBR was banned for his conduct and behavior.

I think there were pretty obvious signs all along about how BD was likely to perform, but people believed what they wanted to believe and that's really no fault but their own.

Xtreme Addict
    Man I'm really sad to see how things have progressed with AMD lately. Are they directly responsible for the stuff thats been going on? Is it their marketing department?
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

I must have missed something, any links to what happened ?

Xtreme Addict
    NZXT Tempest | Corsair 1000W
    Creative X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    Intel i7 2500K Corsair H100
    PNY GTX 470 SLi (700 / 1400 / 1731 / 950mv)
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Kingston HyperX PC3-10700 (4x4096MB)(9-9-9-28 @ 1600mhz @ 1.5v)

Heatware: 13-0-0

its seams bsn is dead.

i dont see how sysmark matters, its always been a poor show of performance and there was better like pcmark

on the cpu, if amd knew that it did not scale performance with clocks they should have not set out people to debunk all of the leaks and put out missinformation that BD was awesome. i get that they want it to sell but comeon this is am2 all over again. its like amd cannot change sockets without sucking as a was great then 754 sucked, then 939 was great am2 sucked, am2+/am3/fm1 (same die platform) was great and now am3+ sucks
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    So they're like Microsoft and Windows releases where every other one is good or bad... huh. I never thought about it that way. That's funny. haha
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentential View Post
    What happened to the days where brands didn't matter?
    19th century ? It's long gone.

What happened to when this was a hobby where we all could join in?
    It got commercialized.

How have we let the celebrity status of certain individuals become kingmakers?
    Crowd follows authority and judges with stereotypes.

They are talking about OUR community......... these people need to be held to account for what was said. It is our duty to make sure they are NOT allowed to re-write the past.
    You like several thousand years late to the party

Xtreme Addict
    So... is there a place where I can start selling pitchforks and torches?

Aussie God
    The OBR ban was deserved, atleast from the insult I saw...

**** is a jobless bum who has no clue what he is doing. (think that was the line)
    Stating such about another XS member... And then you are blacklisted.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Admin
    That, and then the real kicker was that he made a second account to attempt to circumvent the (at that time temporary) ban.

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    Quote Originally Posted by Judaeus Apella View Post
    So... is there a place where I can start selling pitchforks and torches?
    Yes, you can do that here and here ...then I can sell them pink & purple matchsticks <3
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Xtreme Addict
    lol

So, any word on the new people who will be leading AMD? Anything at all? The people who orchestrated all this, man I hope those douchebags get whats coming to them.

Xtreme Addict
    Heh, Obr (means Giant in our language and hes is using our language) got finally banned. Good days are comming..

Its kinda sad what was AMD doing. I dont have sad feelings from bulldozer performace, cause I dont care about it.. X79 seems more interesting for me. Still they shouldnt do it..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post

OBR was banned for his conduct and behavior.

I think there were pretty obvious signs all along about how BD was likely to perform, but people believed what they wanted to believe and that's really no fault but their own.
    I agree. I hate to be one of those "I told you so" people, but I have always maintained Bulldozer was not going to be anything like people were hoping for the following reasons;

- Countless delays
    - AMD staying VERY tight-lipped
    - No proper tests from anyone until BD actually came out.

The middle point especially was a dead giveaway, if AMD had something they believed in, nevermind weather it could beat Sandy or Ivybridge or not, they would of wanted to tell people about it far more openly.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

isnt amd always tight lipped and enforces NDAs
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi