Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bulldozer Overclocking Guide (Performance Scaling Charts, max OCs)LN2 Results coming!

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveburt714 View Post
    Yep, I agree with you man! It's really low... That being said, it doesn't seem like a fluke...
    I guess it's just one of those things where FX doesn't shine. Now that I've gotten it stable it's even lower (~42 GFlops).

All I can say is, overall the system feels really snappy even compared to a 4.1Ghz Thuban, reguardless of those numbers...
    Maybe it's because it's a whole new uArch and software just hasn't taken advantage of it's features yet.

In all honesty I'm not sure this is a good upgrade from an X6. IMHO though, it's ALOT of fun to play with, and for everyday use it just feels better.

People who only look at benchmarks probably won't be happy with FX, but it's not a POS reguardless of some folks opinions.
    Like any brand new hardware it's going to take some time to mature.
    could you run that IBT with half the clusters disabled

every other core at those clocks.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Mentor
    Blacklash: The 6100 should produce less heat, you may be able to get 4.6 on aftermarket air (maybe better).

redrumy3: Sure give me a little time and I'll post them up, ofc your system will vary, you'll probably still have to tweak a little.

Manicdan: Thats a good idea, Thanks! I'm a little burned out after yesterday but I'll be sure and try that...

demonkevy666: I'll try that too! I saw some core options in bios but I didn't really look closely yet.
    AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

First Computer: Commodore Vic 20 (circa 1981).

Blacklash: The 6100 should produce less heat, you may be able to get 4.6 on aftermarket air (maybe better).

redrumy3: Sure give me a little time and I'll post them up, ofc your system will vary, you'll probably still have to tweak a little.

Manicdan: Thats a good idea, Thanks! I'm a little burned out after yesterday but I'll be sure and try that...

demonkevy666: I'll try that too! I saw some core options in bios but I didn't really look closely yet.
    That would be greatly appreciated Dave!

Rumy is a good friend of mine and just assisted me with this build and we are trying to get the jump on OC'ing this beast.

-Nathan

Xtreme Guru
    Hey dave nice stuff yesterday.. I was up all night Friday and like you I needed a break. Im on again trying again with my rig.
    first things first. On friday my 1st mistake was grabbing this cheap rosewill cooler and hastily strapping it on. I wasnt planning on using air too long but when I ran 1.4vcore and my temps were getting to 67F I knew something wasn't right. Then today I remembered a few years back I got this massive cooler from scythe to review. do you guys remember the OROCHI?

Dude I found it in the box in the kitchen cabinet and low and behold the amd plate was already mounted. Check this out.

I went in the bios and kept the same clocks and temps after the massive air cooler. I was getting 51c before and now i have like 31c. I would love to join you guys on H20 but I dont plan on keeping this on too long this was meant for Ln2. but until I get this figured out Its nice to have some better air cooling. Right now my main goal is trying to get this thing up to 5ghz and doing some wprime runs. right now its at 4.8. the guide has been an asset thus far.

before

after
    Last edited by trans am; 10-16-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
    That would be greatly appreciated Dave!

Rumy is a good friend of mine and just assisted me with this build and we are trying to get the jump on OC'ing this beast.

-Nathan
    Well, it looks like the screen cap feature in bios isn't working in 0810, and I don't have a good enough camera for pics...

Basically, just turn off turbo, and all the power saving features (cNq etc).
    Heres a pic showing most of the voltages and settings. Hope this helps.
    In the end your going to have to tweak your own gear anyway, no 2 systems are the same.

AMD FX-8350 (1237 PGN) | Asus Crosshair V Formula (bios 1703) | G.Skill 2133 CL9 @ 2230 9-11-10 | Sapphire HD 6870 | Samsung 830 128Gb SSD / 2 WD 1Tb Black SATA3 storage | Corsair TX750 PSU
    Watercooled ST 120.3 & TC 120.1 / MCP35X XSPC Top / Apogee HD Block | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Corsair 800D Obsidian Case

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    Hey dave nice stuff yesterday.. I was up all night Friday and like you I needed a break. Im on again trying again with my rig.
    first things first. On friday my 1st mistake was grabbing this cheap rosewill cooler and hastily strapping it on. I wasnt planning on using air too long but when I ran 1.4vcore and my temps were getting to 67F I knew something wasn't right. Then today I remembered a few years back I got this massive cooler from scythe to review. do you guys remember the OROCHI?

Dude I found it in the box in the kitchen cabinet and low and behold the amd plate was already mounted. Check this out.

I went in the bios and kept the same clocks and temps after the massive air cooler. I was getting 51c before and now i have like 31c. I would love to join you guys on H20 but I dont plan on keeping this on too long this was meant for Ln2. but until I get this figured out Its nice to have some better air cooling. Right now my main goal is trying to get this thing up to 5ghz and doing some wprime runs. right now its at 4.8. the guide has been an asset thus far.

before

after
    that is a sick cooler!!! hahah it really is huge!

a am glad the guide helped, its not too hard to OC these CPUs, but hey its really fun, i am going to add some shots of the LN2 session i did last night. I made some video too.

what cooler for my setup?
    1)Xigmatek DK+Ultra Kaze 3000rpm (now at my 1090T, there I have no problem with temps under full load)
    2) venemousX+Ultra Kaze 3000RPM
    3)Corsair H100+2x Ultra Kaze 3000rpm
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    that is a sick cooler!!! hahah it really is huge!

a am glad the guide helped, its not too hard to OC these CPUs, but hey its really fun, i am going to add some shots of the LN2 session i did last night. I made some video too.
    whoa sin you did ln2 last night? yeah man send me some footage to work with. I am actually eager to compare my sony vegas 10 rendering times to my xeon 3540. I dont have any of that installed on the BD rig just stripped xp and basic necessities. I cant wait to see your ln2 session. Im benching pc05 and pc vantage right now off a single c300 and a gtx 460 at stock clocks atm just so I have a foundation. Once that is done I might have to get my mega raid rig on here. (4x crucial m4 raid0 on lsi 9260-4i w FP key.) I must say I think what helped me the most from the guide was disabling core boost and the mem clock. That had me scratching my ass for hours on friday. I would look at my ram clocks in cpuz when I set 7-7-7- and they were showing at 2-14-13- in cpuz

@flanker just grab the heaviest one that has the heaviest base and find the amd clips for. put your highest fans on it and thats it. just grab heaviest one. next open the windows and put a warm sweater on and crank some AC/DC like our AU team friends do. Im listening to dirty deeds and for those about to rock record. I prefer Bon Scott.
    Last edited by trans am; 10-16-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Well, it looks like the screen cap feature in bios isn't working in 0810, and I don't have a good enough camera for pics...

Basically, just turn off turbo, and all the power saving features (cNq etc).
    Heres a pic showing most of the voltages and settings. Hope this helps.
    In the end your going to have to tweak your own gear anyway, no 2 systems are the same.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/Daveburt/1016_8120Settings.png[/IM]

Hmm I have 0810 and screen capture works for me. Are you trying to save to a flash drive or? It saves my screen caps as .BMP files to my flash drive.

Basically we are trying to see all settings you have modified to come to your clocks such as Loadline options.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Nathan0490; 10-16-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    AMD FX-8120 | Asus SaberTooth 990FX | 4x4GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600 CL9 | Gigabyte HD 6870 | Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Samsung F3 1TB RAID0 | Corsair AX850 PSU
    Prolimatech Megahalems - Antec Tri-Cool | WIN7 64 Bit HP | Standard HSPC Tech Station w/ 10" leg upgrade

Has anyone else had a problem with their FX CPU still throttling down after overclocking on a Gigabyte board? I could swear I read about someone else who noticed this and found a way to defeat it. As it stands, no matter what I overclock to, cores on my 8120 will flicker back to a 14x multiplier when under load. There's no telling how much of the potential performance that's sapping.
    Last edited by Particle; 10-16-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Has anyone else had a problem with their FX CPU still throttling down after overclocking on a Gigabyte board? I could swear I read about someone else who noticed this and found a way to defeat it. As it stands, no matter what I overclock to, cores on my 8120 will flicker back to a 14x multiplier when under load. There's no telling how much of the potential performance that's sapping.
    Mine don't throttle down with my Gigabyte 990XA board. I have all the power saving features turned off though. Have Windows power options set to high performance.

Core performance boost
    Cool&Quiet
    Hardware thermal control
    Last edited by Baam; 10-16-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Interesting. Mine seems to regardless of those settings. C1E, C6, CnQ, CPB, and HTC are all off but it drops down to 14x under load at times. The higher I set the CPU frequency, the more cores are throttled and the longer they spend there. When everything is set to 3.1, it never seems to happen or happens briefly enough that I don't catch it on CoreTemp. The same is true at 3.2. At 3.3 it starts happening on one core here or there. By 3.6 it happens on as many as four cores at a time for brief periods. By 4.3 GHz, most cores are throttled down and most of the time. After about 4.3 GHz, the effect starts penalizing me more than the increased frequency helps. CB drops from 6.2 to 5.9 for example.

It's like the TDP estimator part of Turbo is still on even when I turn turbo off.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

I am Xtreme
    mine throttled with an earlier BIOS the F5 BIOS, with F6E it didn't throttle anymore.

Trans am, is that the PIS 2200 Cas 7-10-10-28 1.65v T2 kit? I used that same kit! hahaha

yea I did some LN2 last night, ill get my results up on here and some pics, gotta let that videos upload. Ill have it up later tonight or tomorrow. i made sort of like a LN2 prep guide for those who are new and want to try it out. it is something i could have really used when i went to try it.

Aha, that explains it, sin0822. The UD3 has F5B as the latest. I wonder if there's a beta available?

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

I am Xtreme
    from what I saw there were some Betas up, and then they were taken down. I am not quite sure about your board tho, but I am sure some news BETAs or finals will be up. This is a pretty popular platform, so BIOS support should be constant I would think.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Interesting. Mine seems to regardless of those settings. C1E, C6, CnQ, CPB, and HTC are all off but it drops down to 14x under load at times. The higher I set the CPU frequency, the more cores are throttled and the longer they spend there. When everything is set to 3.1, it never seems to happen or happens briefly enough that I don't catch it on CoreTemp. The same is true at 3.2. At 3.3 it starts happening on one core here or there. By 3.6 it happens on as many as four cores at a time for brief periods. By 4.3 GHz, most cores are throttled down and most of the time. After about 4.3 GHz, the effect starts penalizing me more than the increased frequency helps. CB drops from 6.2 to 5.9 for example.

It's like the TDP estimator part of Turbo is still on even when I turn turbo off.

Use AMD Overdrive and enable Turbocore, hit oK, then disable turbocore and hit ok. no more throttling!

Xtreme Mentor
    demonkevy666: Can't disable single cores in bios... Only disable options are 3+4, 5+6 and 7+8, so basically I can only shut down whole modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
    Hmm I have 0810 and screen capture works for me. Are you trying to save to a flash drive or? It saves my screen caps as .BMP files to my flash drive.
    Seems if the Flash drive is formatted as NTFS it's not recognised....

Heres the important stuff:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do people find a big difference in clocking between the 8150 and 8120?

Thanks for nice information. I have a unsolved question though (regarding this image)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multihttscale.jpg 
Views:	1338 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	121329

Right after see this table, I guess there's some bug in a chip regarding some operation clock speed which sticks together with HTT, L2 speed for instance.
    So I've tried the same test with a hope of making another excuse for Bulldozer's low IPC at default HTT.

My comparison settings are:

1. 3.6GHz (200x18) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (200x12) / DRAM 800MHz (200x4)
    2. 3.6GHz (240x15) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (240x10) / DRAM 800MHz (240x3.33)
    3. 3.6GHz (266x13.5) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (266x9) / DRAM 888MHz (266x3.33)
    4. 3.6GHz (266x13.5) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (266x9) / DRAM 712MHz (266x2.66)

Note that for 3 & 4, dram speeds don't stick exactly with 800MHz, so I tested twice for FSB266 under two different dram speeds both distant samely from around 800MHz.

Anyway, my results are totally indifferent - means that higher FSB doesn't make sense at all
    (I'm so disappointed that I cannot even make a graph......)

I tested Cache & Memory benchmark, CPU Queen, CPU AES, FPU Julia, FPU Mandel in AIDA64 and Cinebench R10 / R11.5.

Do you think you have any other variable which I (probably) missed? - I've only controlled CPU multiplier, NB/HT multipler and DRAM multiplier along with HTT clock.
    Last edited by DGLee; 10-16-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    My Blog: http://udteam.tistory.com

CPU: AMD FX-8150P
    Cooler: Antec KÜHLER H2O 920
    M/B: ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA
    RAM: Samsung DDR3 PC3-10600 4GB x 2
    VGA: HIS & Sapphire Radeon HD 6990 4GB x 2
    Storage: Intel SSD 510 Series 120GB + Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB
    PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 1200
    Case: Lian Li PC-X500FX
    O/S: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by sin0822 View Post
    from what I saw there were some Betas up, and then they were taken down. I am not quite sure about your board tho, but I am sure some news BETAs or finals will be up. This is a pretty popular platform, so BIOS support should be constant I would think.
    GA-990FXA-UD7 - F6
    GA-990FXA-UD5 - F6
    GA-990FXA-D3 - F4
    GA-990FXA-UD3 - F5
    GA-990FXA-UD3(v.1.2) - FB
    GA-990XA-UD3 - F9
    GA-990A-UD3 - F4
    GA-990A-D3 - F7

-Update AGESA 1.1.0.0 code
    -14.Oct 11
    Need a Gigabyte latest BIOS?
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z97X-SOC Force ,Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.65 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 10 x64

Xtreme Mentor
    FX is no more NB 3000+ (like X6)

for normal Air/Water cooling?
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    Do people find a big difference in clocking between the 8150 and 8120?
    From what I've seen they OC very similar atm. The 8120 even seem to do slightly better over all..
    Still too few samples to draw any real conclusion. But 4.6-4.7 on air seem to be the norm. Higher is hit or miss at this stage.

A list with model + OC and default VID would be cool.
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by DGLee View Post
    Thanks for nice information. I have a unsolved question though (regarding this image)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multihttscale.jpg 
Views:	1338 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	121329

Right after see this table, I guess there's some bug in a chip regarding some operation clock speed which sticks together with HTT, L2 speed for instance.
    So I've tried the same test with a hope of making another excuse for Bulldozer's low IPC at default HTT.

My comparison settings are:

1. 3.6GHz (200x18) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (200x12) / DRAM 800MHz (200x4)
    2. 3.6GHz (240x15) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (240x10) / DRAM 800MHz (240x3.33)
    3. 3.6GHz (266x13.5) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (266x9) / DRAM 888MHz (266x3.33)
    4. 3.6GHz (266x13.5) / NB/HT 2.4GHz (266x9) / DRAM 712MHz (266x2.66)

Note that for 3 & 4, dram speeds don't stick exactly with 800MHz, so I tested twice for FSB266 under two different dram speeds both distant samely from around 800MHz.

Anyway, my results are totally indifferent - means that higher FSB doesn't make sense at all
    (I'm so disappointed that I cannot even make a graph......)

I tested Cache & Memory benchmark, CPU Queen, CPU AES, FPU Julia, FPU Mandel in AIDA64 and Cinebench R10 / R11.5.

Do you think you have any other variable which I (probably) missed? - I've only controlled CPU multiplier, NB/HT multipler and DRAM multiplier along with HTT clock.
    It could be board variance.

I noticed before that jacking ht on some boards and or fsb impacts diff boards. It has to do with ram straps and how diff manufacturers adress ram differently.

I'ts rather simple, when you jack up the fsb and use a lower divider and mainly auto subtimings, some boards just when strap is applied force lower subtimings.

Also if he is using what appears to be B2 F die and you are using retail G die that can cause some conflicting data
    Last edited by chew*; 10-17-2011 at 02:48 AM.
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by wez View Post
    From what I've seen they OC very similar atm. The 8120 even seem to do slightly better over all..
    Still too few samples to draw any real conclusion. But 4.6-4.7 on air seem to be the norm. Higher is hit or miss at this stage.

A list with model + OC and default VID would be cool.
    i hope particle rebuilds the List of Overclocks thread with FX like he did for thuban. he did an incredible job last time.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Member
    demonkevy666: Can't disable single cores in bios... Only disable options are 3+4, 5+6 and 7+8, so basically I can only shut down whole modules.

Seems if the Flash drive is formatted as NTFS it's not recognised....

Heres the important stuff:
    <3 you. Thanks for sharing this (:
    STEAM
    Corsair H80
    i5 2500K 4.5Ghz 1.33v
    8GB GSkill Sniper DDR3-1600 1.25v
    Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P F7 | XFX 6970 2GB
    64GB Adata SSD | 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500GB Raid 0
    Corsair 750TX | Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Sennheiser HD-555 Mod | Asus VH242HL
    Logitech G9x | Logitech G15v2
    Corsair Vengeance C70 | Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit