Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Little Angel": My return to water cooling!

Xtreme Member

- Sponsors -

Aquatuning España / Atlas Informática / NZXT
    ProSilentPC / Seasonic / IzarMicro

Gracias a todos los sponsors por colaborar en el proyecto.
    Many thanks to all the sponsors for the support given to this project

Ok so time for a update after almost a month without any news...
    I can tell you that I've been doing more planing and ordering parts plus waiting for other parts that are not yet available

Hardware update!

Something from Germany just arrived... about 3kg of hardware, any idea?

Big and heavy box, what's inside?

Seasonic X-850!

Great PSU all together but I thought I already got the PSU like a month ago... maybe it was a dream?

I think all this christmas party + family dinner are making me feel dizzy and I see things appear from nowhere...

So this will feed the beast
    I decided that will use 2 PSU because that will let me have much better management since these are 100% modular design and also power up the 3 graphics cards (or more!)

There is also another reason to go for 2 PSU's I think I will let you know tomorrow or the day after tomorrow when I have the pictures ready

Thanks for watching!

There are some extra goodies Seasonic decided to send me, just wanted to share them with you

Seasonic decided to send me 3 extra set of cables just in case I mess up any connector while making my own cables

PD: Some Sleeving teaser, this was after I learned how to crimp, just wanted to test my skills :p

Sleeved PSU starter

Big thanks to Seasonic for all the support and all the help is providing to keep this project alive
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 03-02-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bundymania View Post
    Very good PSU choice !
    Yes bundymania, I have only good words for Seasonic. Currently I have a M12 750w PSU that is almost 5 years old and never had any trouble with.

I have to tell you that I've been following your Icebreaker build for a really long time! Your white themed build inspired me to go for white as primary colour
    We want you to finish it! (at least me...)

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    Hello everybody and happy 2012!
    I wanted to do some update before the new year, but because I'm still waiting for new parts I decided to wait.... the thing is that I'm still waiting for those parts so thought that I could update with some pictures

Can you guess what is this for?

Little Devil adapter to fit dual PSU setup!

I decided to work with dual PSU to have better space management in the inside since the PSU are going to be placed "outside" the case.
    Also, the X850 are fully modular so I will make custom length cables and dedicate one PSU for the cooling + system and the other just for the graphic cards (I plan to use 3 GPU setup)

Thanks for watching

Xtreme Member
    Pardon my disbelief... but all that room and the PSU's sit OUTSIDE? When i saw that i thought it was so you could mount them in the 5.25" bays.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
    Pardon my disbelief... but all that room and the PSU's sit OUTSIDE? When i saw that i thought it was so you could mount them in the 5.25" bays.
    I understand what you say Furball Zen, but I plan to use all the space I have there to improve the cable management and place a couple of PCB's for the leds and another PCB that will link the PSU's together (instead of wiring the psu's together directly)
    With dual quad radiator setup in the bottom there isn't much space really because you need to use a "stand" provided with the case so it doesn't gets in the way of the radiators, that leaves the PSU "floating" (hope you understand what I mean!)

Thanks for the comment

Xtreme Member
    Hello again!
    I want to show you the 2 PCB's that I'm going to use to both, startup the dual PSU setup and to power all the leds that I plan to use in the system...
    I could just link the psu's together but I wanted to do something different and have an easy way of changing the PSU's without much effort (just plug the new PSU's to the link PCB and done!)

Both PCB's side to side... note those brown marks on the acrylic It's just the protector that I didn't remove to avoid scratche son the surface... I'll do that later when I place them inside the case

I expect much more big updates within the next weeks since I plan to start ordering parts depending on availability...
    Just waiting for the new revision of the LGA 2011 processors really

Xtreme Member
    I like those Bitspower PCB's! A nice idea. Less mess for dual PSU start.

Hello, SoMBrA!

Coming along nicely! Please post more, already!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0wn3r View Post
    I like those Bitspower PCB's! A nice idea. Less mess for dual PSU start.
    Yes fr0wn3r, that's why I decided to go with this option... (less seen also!)

Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Hello, SoMBrA!

Coming along nicely! Please post more, already!
    Thanks Edited, your comments about the radiator placement made me go for the dual PSU concept so I have much more space in the lower section to play with ;-)

Will post some update tonight If I have the pics ready

Xtreme Member
    Hello everybody!
    Time for another update...

This thing is going to be really heavy so we are going to need to put the LD on Wheels!
    Enjoy!

This old "stands" had to go...

Some quick masking and a lot of measuring... a lot... and finally drilling!

I wasn't sure about my skills with the driller so before you try to drill a 500€ case do some practice on a similar material . This is my old Thermaltake ARMOR sidepanel

NAKED!

IT WALKS! I'm a proud father

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Little Angel?? haha
    Computer: Intel i7-4770k | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Impact | 240GB Corsair Force GT | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 | 16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz | EVGA GTX690 Hydro Copper 4GB | Corsair AX850 | Steelseries 7G | Logitech G500 | 27" 2560x1440 Overlord Tempest X270OC 120Hz S-IPS
    Cooling: Koolance 380i CPU block | Swiftech Hydro Copper GPU block | EK X3 150 Reservoir | EK X-TOP D5 PWM drive | PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Bloodshed red | Alphacool NexXxos 240mm XT45 | Alphacool NexXxos 280mm UT60 | Bitspower Fittings | 4x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 120mm | 2x Bitfenix Spectre Pro 140mm | Lamptron FC-5V2
    Case: Custom modded matte black Caselabs Mercury S3

Wheels look really flush! Nicely done! Cant wait to see some hardware/WC thrown into her

Xtreme Addict
    Oh yes

Awaiting to see more in this build
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    Little Angel?? haha
    Yes I know... as someone stated before that is false advertising lol

Wheels look really flush! Nicely done! Cant wait to see some hardware/WC thrown into her
    Yes Edited imho tyres were a must. I was afraid but then I was sure that I wanted to do this...
    I waited until January before starting to ordering stuff since I wanted to wait for all the new releases (GPU and CPU revisions), hopefully this will be a good month ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Oh yes

Awaiting to see more in this build
    I will be happy to show you more!

Xtreme Member
    Forgot to post a picture with better view of the tyres, enjoy!

Looking at the above picture, shouldn't the set of wheels with the break be at the rear of the case?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ino View Post
    Looking at the above picture, shouldn't the set of wheels with the break be at the rear of the case?
    Hi Ino!
    Usually the Lian Li cases mount them this way since you can almost have access to the front side of the case 99% of the time, the back is hard to get to so if you need to block the tyres you have to have easy access to that handle you see there.
    The tyres measure exactly the same so you can swap positions at any time!

Xtreme Member
    New toys just landed!
    I wanted the #123 but got #124

The block is really nice, it's a pity that I don't like barbs so those will have to go...

Oh I nearly forgot... the new bitspower valve to drain the system, much better than my old and fugly valve...

More soon

Xtreme Cruncher
    God job man!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nhenhophach View Post
    God job man!
    Thanks you sir

I need some suggestions now
    As I said already I'm not liking the barb fittings at all (not only on this block, but I always preffer compression fittings...) so I decide to order this "golden" fittings

How does it look better full gold or better add some black so people don't get blind looking at it?

What do you think?
    Thanks

Wow, the Swiffy 24k looks much better than I thought it would :O

Gold and black creates better contrast imo

Xtreme Addict
    Gold n' black good sir... the bling... it blinds me!
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    Wow, the Swiffy 24k looks much better than I thought it would :O

Gold and black creates better contrast imo
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Gold n' black good sir... the bling... it blinds me!
    Will do, thanks!

I have another question for you Edited and Bex (you seem to love radiators as far as I can see in your worklog ) I'm trying to decide between the new EK XTX radiator and the Coolgate radiator... I love the layout of the new EK XTX but don't know about their performance in quad.
    I've checked recent review of the XTX and Coolgate Triple and they perform about the same (the Coolgate wins by a small margin) but the EK XTX has nice mounting options and I like more the rectangle shape...

EK XTX 480
    Coolgate 480

Edited I think with the XTX I will abel to do the same configuration you suggested and link the radiators...

Hi, SoMBrA!

The EK XTX would be just fine The loop wil actually work much better!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast