Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Little Angel": My return to water cooling!

Xtreme Member
    Hello everyone!
    A small update after a "break" (not true but well )

I've been working on some other stuff and also doing some planification for some custom work that I need to do before I start with the assembly of the hardware / watercooling

I want to show you the logo that I will be using for this project, for both banners and the final build.

Picture frame:

Very good friend of mine helped me with the design, so all the credits goes for him! I will let you know about his work aswell

I'm waiting for a small package with some nice stuff that I will share with you today (hopefully!)

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    Teaser!

Hello everyone, I'm in a hurry right now so can't give you details, but will update post tonight and will unveil what is this thing for... meanwhile I'm going to tease you some

Will post some more tonight!

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Xtreme Member
    I have a new sponsor big thanks to E22!

I really want to thank Nate for his support and superwork he is doing to help me improve my project!
    Have a look at their website http://www.e22.biz/
    And also become a fan at facebook so you can follow his awesome work!

We've been working together for almost a month and been planing a lot of things, but the first one is here and I think it's awesome!

My first request was to make a cooling module for the Aquaero Power Adjust 2 "rack".
    As many of you already know, there is a waterblock to cooldown the Aquaero 5 but there is nothing to cool the Power Adjust 2, so I mailed Nate asking for his help.
    I have to say that this cooling module is something never done before. Other people have used RAM coolers for the same purpose but this is something made by Nate from scratch that will be fixed with the Power Adjust 2 rack and work as one piece!

I have to say that he made the piece totally BLIND because he never had the Power Adjust 2 with him, just the measurements I sent and he did an excellent job with all the planification / renders / etc...

The result

The plan was to use 3 x 40mm fans to cool the Power Adjust, so I decided to use the Fractal 40mm fans because of their black and white looks!

I had to make custom length wires and solder them all together like my rad fans.

One of The Power Adjust 2 will take care of the 3 x 40mm fans increasing / decreasing speed per request!

I removed the white connector and replaced with black

Linking the fans...

And voila!

I replaced the red wire with white and I kept one of the yellow wires to keep track of the RPM :thumb:

Almost there...

Now just need to connect the fans to the first Power Adjust 2!

Tomorrow will upload the final pictures with the assembly!

Xtreme Member
    And this is the whole picture

I'm working on the connector to link Power Adjust 2 with the Aquaero 5 XT and after that I will need to make the molex connector to feed them.
    Also the stickers will be replaced with black vinyl

Xtreme Member
    beautiful! keep on the good work
    PC:
    MOBO: Maximus VI Extreme
    CPU: Core i7-4770k
    RAM: 2x4gb Dominator Platinum 2133
    GPU: GeForce GTX Titan

Greetings from Brazil!

Xtreme Member
    you are creative to the extreme! perfect!

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoAndrade View Post
    beautiful! keep on the good work
    Quote Originally Posted by LeandroJVarini View Post
    you are creative to the extreme! perfect!
    THANK YOU GUYS!, your comments mean a lot

Update!
    Some work I did during the last days

I've added the molex connector to the "powercool". I had to replace the old wires because they were too short and I didn't want to solder since I'm not going to sleeve them and I don't like the "heatshrink over the wire look" too much eheh
    Still need to put 2 extra pins there and solder 2 more wires that will feed the Aquaero and the Power Adjust's (directly from the PSU)

Internals exposed, it is getting quite busy in there, still need to put two 3 pin connectors that will manage the front intake fans and the back exhaust fan aswell...

Next step is to add the temperature sensor inside the module to keep track of the temperature from the heatsink, that way I will know how good or bad my fans work!
    I will do some test in different RPM to have the better temps with the less RPM

Remove the cover from the other side to check where to connect the temperature sensor.

Standard cable measures 60cm so we need to shorten that

Voila.
    Just need to plug it!

To "fix" the sensor into the right spot I just used the 3 pin wiring I did long time ago because I did shorten them a lot the sensor won't move and will be always in contact with the heatsink. I think I will have a perfect reading of temperatures!

Picture with the temperature sensor connected into place.

Some detail pictures:

You can see a small "crack" on one of the fan frames. The screws I used were a bit too much for them but It's ok since I don't see any mal function of the fans or extra vibrations...

I still need to do a bit more of work to finish the Aquaero setup... finally!

Xtreme Member
    Here you have the final version of the power adjust rack and the Aquaero wiring.

You can see the 3 to 4 pin connection that links the PA2 with the Aquaero 5.
    Also there is the front intake fans connector already plug but we can barely see it

Here you can see the routing of the wires coming from the lower part of the case

Here you can see the molex connector that will feed both the Aquaero 5 and Power Adjust 2 rack. I will build a connector that will come directly from the PSU to that connector and this one will be sleeved of course!

Xtreme Member
    Really enjoying this build, your attention to detail is second to none.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m_jones_ View Post
    Really enjoying this build, your attention to detail is second to none.
    Thanks m_jones
    More updates so you can enjoy!

Let's see what's inside...
    Nice we just found an ugly green led from the 80's era

That is Hulk Green

For this build I'm trying to focus in White / Black / Golden color combo, that's why I decided to use ambar led to emulate golden look

I had some pre-wired led around so I decided to use those...

New led soldered!

Finished! (by now...)

Xtreme Member
    nice update
    proud to be from Belguim ^^

Lightpainting and hardware are my life!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelke View Post
    nice update
    Thank you sir!

More of yesterday work. I decided to go full white on the front of the Little Angel

Final pictures of the Aquaero 5 Little Angel edition (+power adjust 2 rack!)

I changed the screws to black m3, I think they look good!
    I still need to show you the pictures of the DVD but it's not finished so that will be for another update! :naughty:

PD: Replacement stickers for the fans on their way!

Xtreme Guru
    Holy crap man! the attention to detail is 2nd to none. You have such patience. I wish I had that. if you saw my h2o setup you would cry or perhaps laugh.

I love coming here and watching your progress. I feel like im right there. you've come such a long way baby! keep it going
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trans am; 05-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    transam: LOL. Sleeved 24pin cable for cabling to look neater in your build

SoMBrA: i wonder how all that job on AA5's frontplate affects working of it's touch buttons ..

Hey mate! Long time, no see!

Really nice to see it coming along, love the detailed work you are doing. So much style and passion! The PA-array looks REALLY nice wit that acryl housing.
    The idea of the drain port is cool.

Your attention to detail inspires me. Good work, SoMBrA!

Hola Sombra,
    żel flujo de aria de los radiadores a bajo como es?
    żLa aria entra de ambos los lados o entra de un lado y sale de el otro?
    Gracias y dale Barca dale!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    Holy crap man! the attention to detail is 2nd to none. You have such patience. I wish I had that. if you saw my h2o setup you would cry or perhaps laugh.

I love coming here and watching your progress. I feel like im right there. you've come such a long way baby! keep it going
    Haha having a lot of spare time during winter is bad... now I'm having some troubles to keep up the updates and work on the modding because of work an dother real life stuff
    About your setup, if it does the job, is all you need! . Problem is when wife wants something that will match the room... as you can see not much of a choice

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    transam: LOL. Sleeved 24pin cable for cabling to look neater in your build

SoMBrA: i wonder how all that job on AA5's frontplate affects working of it's touch buttons ..
    ROFL!! Naughty

Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Hey mate! Long time, no see!

Really nice to see it coming along, love the detailed work you are doing. So much style and passion! The PA-array looks REALLY nice wit that acryl housing.
    The idea of the drain port is cool.

Your attention to detail inspires me. Good work, SoMBrA!
    Thank you Edited, you helped me a lot during the first steps of this build and I learned a lot from you.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by gup133 View Post
    Hola Sombra,
    żel flujo de aria de los radiadores a bajo como es?
    żLa aria entra de ambos los lados o entra de un lado y sale de el otro?
    Gracias y dale Barca dale!!
    El aire entra por los costados (de cada lado) y luego al tener un ventilador en el frontal ayuda a evacuar el aire hacia el exterior por la parte trasera de la caja.

Gracias!

Xtreme Member
    Time to flush radiators!

For this purpose I used my trusty bathtub!

I let hot water to pull out all the junk inside the rads... not much but still

I know it's very hard to see but I kept flushing rads until I could see crystal clear water
    For the last flushes I used boiled distilled water to remove any residues of the bathtub water

Because of the boiling water the stickers of the rads become easy to remove so I saw my chance to remove them without damaging the casing!

Hope you enjoyed this little update, tomorrow more!

Xtreme Member
    I've been doing final adjusts to my fans, I needed to hold the wires because after the sleeving they were too thick to stay where they are supposed to...

First of all I placed vinyl on all my fans to cover the PCB from sight

Much better...

This is what I mean when I say wires are too thick to fit in their proper place without moving, so I just changed that with the use of zip ties

Originally there was a small plastic piece to hold the wire but not very good to hold against sleeve...

For the 140mm fan is different story since those don't have any clip to hold the wire so I had to make a placeholder by drilling two tiny holes on the plastic frame.

Now I can use zip ties again!

And this is the finaly result (for the 140mm fans at least).
    I ended up using 2 zip ties in order to have the sleeve totally stay in place but I'm happy since it's not going to be much visible anyways.

Xtreme Member
    Some more updates!

If you recall when I installed the Lian Li metal casters they come with washers and nuts but they don't look any good from the inside...
    To solve that I used some white caps

Next thing I had to do was to make small cuts on the LD radiators bracket because with the use of my radiators I was having problems with some fittings touching the frame and not being able to secure them in place.

So used my dremel to do my cuts and then...

Much better!

Xtreme Addict
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *bounces*
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *bounces*

Some little updates to show you what I'm working on right now.
    First of I want to show you how does the bottom section look like the radiators installed with some detailed work on the screws to hide them from sight.

Now into sleeving!
    I've been trying to figure out how to sleeve my Seasonic PSU's.
    The problem I have is because their own design on the 24 pin connector I have to do a lot of work to sleeve them

The Seasonic X-850's at their cage!

Here you can check the Power supplies layout.
    Quite a lot of work to do!

This is how I have to handle the 24 pin connections from each PSU.
    If you recall I was going to use a Bitspower dual PSU starter so I need to sleeve two 24pin connectors but using their original housing since it won't fit a standard 24 pin into the Seasonics..

Picture of the Bitspower dual PSU starter.

And a bonus picture for you all!

Sorry guys I have to go, Little Angel awaits!

Xtreme Member
    The last radiator has been installed!

I will add more detailed picture to show how the fans of that radiator are connected to the Aquaero.

I think it looks much better with the little caps also give some contrast against the white.

Getting close!

Looks better and better for each time I bump into your thread!

Really neat with the rad-sticker-removal-thingy!

Looks like the Seasonic PSU's are the same design as Corsairs AX850 that I own. AFAIK Seasonic makes the unit, and Corsair modify the base of that to the AX850.
    I can tell you right of the bat that it is a PITA to keep hold of those extra 24-pin cables from the PSU

Where do you plan to hide the BP Powerstation without making a mess? Make a housing for that also?

Astonishing work, keep it up!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Looks better and better for each time I bump into your thread!

Really neat with the rad-sticker-removal-thingy!

Looks like the Seasonic PSU's are the same design as Corsairs AX850 that I own. AFAIK Seasonic makes the unit, and Corsair modify the base of that to the AX850.
    I can tell you right of the bat that it is a PITA to keep hold of those extra 24-pin cables from the PSU

Where do you plan to hide the BP Powerstation without making a mess? Make a housing for that also?

Astonishing work, keep it up!
    Thank you Edited
    I already made the 24 pins (sleeved) for each PSU and the connection to the BP PCB.
    And you are right that a custom housing will be made so It doesn't look that "bad"

Let me show you the pumps I'm going to use!

Swiftech Dual 35X with their new top

Here is how I plan to connect reservoir + pump. (Please mind the foam... I'm not going to place it like that, will show you later )

First thing I have to do is some custom wiring + sleeving
    What I'm going to do is connect each pump directly to the PSU. Each pump on different 12v rail...

The other wires you see are for adjusting the pump speeds via PWM, and that will be managed by Aquaero 5.
    I will first bridge the PWM cables from each pump and then make a unique connection to the Aquaero, that way both pumps will work at same speed all the time (based on the Aquaero 5 settings)

More soon...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast