Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Little Angel": My return to water cooling!

Hybrid View

Xtreme Member

Project "Little Angel": Sleeving pattern testing!

- Sponsors -

Aquatuning España / Atlas Informática / NZXT
    ProSilentPC / Seasonic / IzarMicro

Gracias a todos los sponsors por colaborar en el proyecto.
    Many thanks to all the sponsors for the support given to this project

-[ Hardware ]-

Case: Little Devil PC V8 - White (OK)
    Mother board: ¿? (WAITING)
    CPU: ¿? (WAITING)
    RAM: ¿? (WAITING)
    GPU’s: ¿? (WAITING)
    PSU: 2 x Seasonic X-850 (sponsored by Seasonic)

-[ Water Cooling Parts ]-

Pumps: 2 x MCP655 (WAITING)
    Rads: 3 x ¿? (WAITING)
    Reservoir: ¿? (WAITING)
    Fans: 13 x 120mm NZXT (NZXTFX120LB) and 2 x 140mm NZXT (NZXTFX140LB) (ORDERED)
    Fittings: Bitspower, Matt Black in 19/13 (waiting for more...)

Diagnostic:
    Aquaero 5 XT (WAITING)
    Extras: Aquaero 5 XT Accesories (OK)

Tubo: Primochill Primoflex – White 19/13 (OK)
    Killcoil: 3 x Pulsar Modding (OK)

-[ Other ]-

Wiring: 18 AWG for custom PSU length wires and 24 AWG for fans (OK)
    Connectors and pins: To use with Aquaero, Mother Board, sound card...(OK)
    MDPC-X: Washers, nuts, sleeving, heatshrink etc.. (WAITING)

Hello everyone! I've been around for a while but most of the time reading and learning from all the active members of XS!
    This is a Big Update system I was waiting for the last couple of years, I will change from a e8500 to a i7 2600k or 2700k if it’s really worth it!

Maybe If the build takes longer Ivy Bridge… but don’t think they will release them anytime “soon”

Xtremesystems is the responsible of taking me back to Water Cooling.
    8 Years ago I already had a fully Water Cooled rig, but after couple of years rad started to leak, I had to replace tubing and I thought that it was enough water cooling for me so I changed to air cooling and thought that never would use water again… BUT then I joined Xtremesystems in 2008, just after I finished my last “air cooled” rig and decided that my next gaming PC would be Water Cooled again.

So here we are 3 years later ready to start with this build!
    Hope you guys like it, will keep the log updated.
    Now I have to wait for some parts and wait some time to order some others…
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 03-02-2012 at 08:57 AM. Reason: new sponsors

Xtreme Member
    Worklog Index

October 2011

* 04/10/2011 - Little Devil at home!
    * 09/10/2011 - First Bitspower fittings arrival
    * 11/10/2011 - Powered By Seasonic!
    * 12/10/2011 - NZXT Fans from Atlas Informática
    * 12/10/2011 - Modifying NZXT 120mm fans
    * 13/10/2011 - Modifying NZXT 140mm fans
    * 18/10/2011 - Unboxing Seasonic X-850
    * 19/10/2011 - Photoshooting Seasonic X-850
    * 20/10/2011 - Changing bitspower O-rings
    * 31/10/2011 - "Custom" thumbscrews!

November 2011

* 22/11/2011 - Lian Li metal casters for Little Devil

December 2011

* 22/12/2011 - Seasonic x850 x 2!!! PSU

January 2012

* 09/01/2012 - Little Devil's Dual PSU support
    * 09/01/2012 - Dual PSU "starter" PCB and Led PCB
    * 11/01/2012 - Lian Li Metal casters installed!
    * 15/01/2012 - Swiftech Limited Edition #124 Block
    * 16/01/2012 - Swiftech "Custom" Limited Edition!
    * 20/01/2012 - Cardboard Rads! (test fitting!)
    * 24/01/2012 - Wires everywhere

February 2012

* 01/02/2012 - Some sleeving pattern tests...
    * 02/02/2012 - Even more sleeving testing...
    * 05/02/2012 - Fan sleeving test
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 02-05-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: index updated!

Xtreme Member

Last edited by SoMBrA; 09-15-2017 at 02:00 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Ok so here you have some pictures of the "unboxing" (it was a fast one...)

My Lian Li looks like a joke next to the Little Devil...

My precious....

The case in It's final location

There is a lot of work to do... can't wait to get started
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 10-07-2011 at 04:21 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Interesting the case looks awesome!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ying View Post
    Interesting the case looks awesome!
    Hello Ying and thanks ;-)
    Small update!

Just ordered some more Bitspower Fittings and waiting fans from sponsors...

Thanks to Atlas informática and NZXT

13 x NZXT FX120LB

2 x NZXT FX140LB

Will need to order 3 x Power Adjust 2 to be able to control them with Aquaero 5 XT.

I've also updated the first post with all the hardware I will use (still thinking of which PSU

Xtreme Member
    So a little update (pictures really...)
    I've spend the day checking online stores and filling shopping carts

The part that I enjoy the most is when you have to plan all the fittings you thinkg you are going to need... you need to study to learn all the fittings available!

I just ordered some more Bitspower fittings, but just checked what I have in stock at home... and here are the picutres

Compression Fitting 19/13 - Matt Black

45º Adaptaer + Compression Fitting

"Quick Disconnect" from Bitspower and male-to-male adapter

This is a random scene from a bitspower pr0n site

I will change all the green O-ring to black ones, just ordered some replacements!
    I'm now witing for a lot of bitspower stop fittings and some 90º adapters plus some couplers and "pass through" fittings...

Next package should have NZXT Fans

I think I have to invest In a new camera (using Sony DSC-R1, love it but...)
    Need reflex camera so I can use some sexy macro-lens with it!

Also need to get some "portable" lights so I can create better light for pictures!

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Hi!

Nice to se some more ppl buying the LD V8. Build a clients build in the similar case with red interior and black exterior, however he is changing to one of the CaseLabs T-series cases becasue he think the doors is a PITA to remove.

Protip on the reservoir; Koolance RP-452X2. http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2025
    Might take some time to bleed, but it works flawless when everything is sorted, aswell as it saves space and makes the insides of the case MUCH cleaner! I routed as many tubes as possible behind the motherboard tray, and it worked nice with this installed.

What ID + OD is are those tubes in inches? Wouldn't go over 3/8ID + 5/8OD (10mm ID?), it might seem a bit excessive in size. (My opinion)

Last thing, why would you use a killcoil? it makes the liquid leading when the silver ions makes contact with the water. Destilled water would do great alone?

Regards, and good luck!

Xtreme Member
    Yea, theres negligible temp difference when using 3/8" vs 1/2" tubing, but youll get more pressure from 3/8".

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edited View Post
    Hi!

Nice to se some more ppl buying the LD V8. Build a clients build in the similar case with red interior and black exterior, however he is changing to one of the CaseLabs T-series cases becasue he think the doors is a PITA to remove.

Protip on the reservoir; Koolance RP-452X2. http://www.koolance.com/water-coolin...roduct_id=2025
    Might take some time to bleed, but it works flawless when everything is sorted, aswell as it saves space and makes the insides of the case MUCH cleaner! I routed as many tubes as possible behind the motherboard tray, and it worked nice with this installed.

What ID + OD is are those tubes in inches? Wouldn't go over 3/8ID + 5/8OD (10mm ID?), it might seem a bit excessive in size. (My opinion)

Last thing, why would you use a killcoil? it makes the liquid leading when the silver ions makes contact with the water. Destilled water would do great alone?

Regards, and good luck!
    Hello!
    * The LD V8 is a very nice case, but the screws are a PITA to remove as you say haha, but anyways, I will keep the case open while working with the case and after that It will be closed so it's ok I guess
    Thanks for the reservoir tip, I really like the Koolance but I was going to choose the EK Adavanced RES + Dual D5 + Dual D5 Top since there is a lot of space inside the case I think that will look good

* The tube I'm going to use is the Primochill Primoflex in 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD

* KillCoil + Distilled Water I think is my best bet to be "algae proof". What you mean with "it makes the liquid leading when the silver ions makes contact with the water", could you explain?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
    Yea, theres negligible temp difference when using 3/8" vs 1/2" tubing, but youll get more pressure from 3/8".
    I went for the 1/2" tubing because of the looks really.. It's hard to fill this huge case lol
    I think the pressure will be good but you never know, thanks for the comment and hope you like the end result

Thanks to: - [ Aquatuning | Atlas Informática | NZXT | ProSilentPC | Seasonic | IzarMicro ] -

Quote Originally Posted by SoMBrA View Post

* KillCoil + Distilled Water I think is my best bet to be "algae proof". What you mean with "it makes the liquid leading when the silver ions makes contact with the water", could you explain?
    Google translate from my webshop in Norway. Some gramatical errors may occur;

This is a frequently recommended product among water cooling enthusiasts. It is claimed to prevent organic fouling in water cooling system.

We are tempted to call it SCAMIUM X-2000 (Edited ref: a marketing hoax/test some year ago in Norway). For Authors defense must however be said that they believe in the efficacy of silver, so they are not scamming people off consciously.

The story behind is that in the old Roman Empire, in the Wild West and in many other cultures were silver coins used to control the fouling of algae and bacteria in drinking water. It is so far correct, but silver is more focused on bacteria (eg E. coli and Legionella) than algae. Towards the algae, which is what you want to fight, copper is preferable (cf kobberhud and copper fabric on boats) and it will often be copper in a water cooling system (but nothing to prevent organic growth).

A crucial difference between the cowboy's drinking water and the water you use in water cooling system is purity. Silver does not dissolve in water. The distilled water you use will certainly not be clean so long, among other things, it will take up CO2 as soon as it comes in contact with air and become slightly acidic. Some silver will be dissolved as ions, but in very low concentrations and most likely not enough to have any effect at all.

Is there evidence that the silver is preventing organic fouling in the water cooling system? No, absolutely nothing. On forums around you will find users who claim to have good experiences with the silver, and you will find users that claim that it does not have any effect at all, it grows anyway.

A prerequisite for organic fouling is the presence of micro-organisms. Are you using new, unused components and only distilled water you can get a water cooling system free from organic fouling. Feel free to choose to use silver as well, but the absence of fouling should be attributed to the absence of micro-organisms and the presence of silver.

What about galvanic corrosion, the silver represent a danger in this respect? Fans of silver would argue that there is no risk and refer to the primary index. It is wrong. The primary index is metal that is in touch with each other and are not relevant. For the two metals immersed in electrolyte (coolant) must be risk assessed based on Standard Electrode Potential. On the table is, unfortunately, silver is a good distance away from other metals such as aluminum, chromium, nickel and copper.

Will you make it extra difficult for yourself so follow the advice given to U.S. online stores. "It (IandH Dead-Water Copper Sulfate) can be used alone, or as extra insurance against growth in conjunction with silver killcoils in Pure-silver or other pre-mixed coolants." First, you are thus making the liquid conductive with copper sulphate, then add a piece of pure silver in the coolant. Then you can just sit down and wait until the destruction is a fact.

"Jozef Stefan" Institute in Slovenia received for analysis a water block that was damaged by the use of distilled water and Silver KillCoil. The recommendation was "Corrosion can be avoided by the use of a low-conducting, anti-corrosion liquid (which, in principle, is also distilled or deionized water).....The introduction of additional metals into the system (silver, etc.) or the use of ionic algaecides (copper sulfate, etc.) even in minor concentrations can trigger the corrosion processes."

Why does sell TechBay this? The answer is that we do not want to sell IandH Silver KillCoil. We want to help you away from a wrong choice the right choice. Do yourself a favor and buy Aqua Computer Double Protect, Ekoolant or a similar premix instead. These provide effective protection against both organic fouling and corrosion.

Hope this answers it I would go with destilled water ONLY. Also check this link;

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/EK...port_Final.pdf
    Last edited by Edited; 10-20-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Google translate from my webshop in Norway. Some gramatical errors may occur;

Hope this answers it I would go with destilled water ONLY. Also check this link;

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/EK...port_Final.pdf
    Very nice information you have provided me, thank you very much!
    I'm surprised about all the information, and also well documented!
    I have KillCoil and also the "Dead-Water" and I'm not going to use any of both...

You think I should give Double Protect form Aqua Computer a try?
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 10-11-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Hi again! Happy to help you from the wrong choice.

I have only used the destilled version of the AquaComputer DP, and I am more than satisfied with it, so yes. It's an "all go". Never used a premixed, but the color is very much alive and have a nice hue to it (read some reviews over at some german forum).

Good luck, happy shopping!

Xtreme Member

Hello everyone! I'm really happy to anounce a new sponsor that decided to help me with my project, It's Seasonic which is going to provide the Little Angel with a Seasonic X-850
    Thank you very much!

I'm sure you guys already know, but stay tuned because the new PLATINUM SERIES from Seasonic are about to be released! Check it out Seasonic Platinum 1000W

1. 80plus Platinum-high 92%. efficiency
    2. Fanless mode under 30% load!
    3. 7 years warranty
    4. Launching in November
    5. Available in 860W - 1000W range

Mother of God I envy you. I believe Seasonic is the best there is when you want a PSU.

That 1000W Platinum unit seems BEEFY! Do want

Are you planning to sleeve it? Much easier when it is 100% modular.

Xtreme Member
    Mother of God I envy you. I believe Seasonic is the best there is when you want a PSU.

That 1000W Platinum unit seems BEEFY! Do want

Are you planning to sleeve it? Much easier when it is 100% modular.
    Yes, my old build already had a Seasonic M12 700W and I was 100% sure I wanted to go with Seasonic again

And yes, I will sleeve everything, that will take time, but I think it's worth the effort to show some gratitude to my sponsors (Fans, PSU, etc..)

The 1000W Platinum is beautiful... (If that makes any sense at all lol!)
    I'd like to use one of those... maybe for next build

Xtreme Member
    Good night everyone, here you have some updates, I've been working on the NZXT fans

The goal is to remove the speed controler and the NZXT sleeving...

Very nice sleeving

As you can see the fan speed controler allows you to select between Less - Moar - Hot....

Ok so we get rid of the sticker so we can start working.
    What we want to do is remove the 3 cables on the right side and then solder all the pins remaining together. Doing so the fan will always stay at full speed.
    Aquaero 5 will take control of all the computer fans

Sleeving and speed controller out!

All this work was possible because of a good friend of mine. Thanks "Lutro0"!

Just finished 5 fans out of 15... need to keep working

Once I finish with all the fans I will have to wait to resleeve them with MDPC and maybe adjust the cable length
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 10-16-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Promising project! I love white case!

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!

Xtreme Member

- Sponsors -

Aquatuning España / Atlas Informática / NZXT
    ProSilentPC / Seasonic / IzarMicro

Gracias a todos los sponsors por colaborar en el proyecto.
    Many thanks to all the sponsors for the support given to this project

Hi again!

- Suprisingly short on data for the fans. I hope they work well. A quick google search revealed that thy put up around 50 cfm

- Agreed on the reservoir, allthough I am a big fan of the Bitspower Z Multitube because of it's simplicity. There are tiny nozzles in the bottom of the res to prevent cyclones in the res. Top notch! However, I don't see them on aquatuning.

- About the rads; the Coolgates have a clear advantage since it har more in/outlets for whatever purpose you want. It also allows you to put two coolgates in parallel in the bottom of the V8. The fins spaceing and the materials used in both Black Ice and Coolagetes are both quite similar AFAIK, and they are both tareted against mid speed fans such as your NZXT fans.

- XSPC Raystorm is a nice block, indeed! I would have gone for white LED's and white tubeing to match up Maybe paint the top and bracket white? My favourite will tho allways be EKWB Supreme HF Cu (Full Nickel).

- Yes, buy a Cayman based GPU, 6970 and upgrade when the new 7-series ships. Put a EK White Acetal+Nickel on there, it looks so damn nice! The custom backplate is a nice idea.
    - I know about the Bitspower Z reservoir, I discovered that while looking for the "mini" tank they have, and also discovered about the anti-cyclone nozzle by looking to a worklog, looks very nice indeed!

- I think I will give Coolgate a try then... what plan did you follow to link both rads in the bottom? Hardpipe? I was thinking use a SLI connector to link them together, that would look nice imho

- I will go with XSPC Raystorm but I think I will keep everything Black, since I'm planing to add a 3rd colour into the mix beside Black and White... I think you will like it

- I already own a 6970 from Sapphire, so I will add another and go for Crossfire and Wait I guess... I think that block you linked is not compatible with my card, the part number is SKU: 21187-00-40R but it's not the Battlefield Vietnam version... If I use EKWB configurator I don't get the White acetal version
    I got to choose between: Nickel + Acetal , Plain Nickel, Plain Acetal
    I think I like the Nickel + Black Acetal and maybe could add "white" custom black plate or Black with some details with the 3rd colour I will use

My card is Sapphire 6970 2GB GDDR5 - SKU: 21187-00-40R, I guess this blocks are 100% compatible!

Quote Originally Posted by LeandroJVarini View Post
    Promising project! I love white case!
    Thanks friend!
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 03-02-2012 at 08:57 AM.

- I know about the Bitspower Z reservoir, I discovered that while looking for the "mini" tank they have, and also discovered about the anti-cyclone nozzle by looking to a worklog, looks very nice indeed!

- I think I will give Coolgate a try then... what plan did you follow to link both rads in the bottom? Hardpipe? I was thinking use a SLI connector to link them together, that would look nice imho

- I will go with XSPC Raystorm but I think I will keep everything Black, since I'm planing to add a 3rd colour into the mix beside Black and White... I think you will like it

- I already own a 6970 from Sapphire, so I will add another and go for Crossfire and Wait I guess... I think that block you linked is not compatible with my card, the part number is SKU: 21187-00-40R but it's not the Battlefield Vietnam version... If I use EKWB configurator I don't get the White acetal version
    I got to choose between: Nickel + Acetal , Plain Nickel, Plain Acetal
    I think I like the Nickel + Black Acetal and maybe could add "white" custom black plate or Black with some details with the 3rd colour I will use

My card is Sapphire 6970 2GB GDDR5 - SKU: 21187-00-40R, I guess this blocks are 100% compatible!

Thanks friend!
    Hi again! Nicely coming along, now!

-

- We did not hardpipe it. Indeed it looks nice, but we found that there was some disadvantages puting both inlets in front regarding the layout of the waterloop;

We used theese parts for the rads;
    - 6x bitspower 90 degree rotary fitting
    - 4x bitspower 10mm G1/4
    - 6x of your chosen fittings
    - Some feet of tubeing.

Here is how we set it up;

Schematic seen from above, relative to the case. The extenders were used where the "purple tube" are. Perfect fit! That was also one of the reasons why we used 3/8 ID + 5/8 OD: There is limited space between the PSU holder.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SchematicsRadatorV8_1.png 
Views:	2740 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	121227

Schematic 2, just showing parallel in duty.

Name:	SchematicsRadatorV8_2.png 
Views:	2727 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	121230

Ask any questions! Im to tired to think, lol

- Raystorm is a good choice! Just saw a graph here the other day, and it showed that it has less restriction than the Supreme HF - that makes it the least restrictive of all the popular blocks on the market per date.

- CF 6970 is never wrong! Dont know about the custom backplate. I have seen many have tried it, but most of them failed. I hope you change that To bad there is none pure white blocks for that 6970 series. What colour is the PCB?

Edit; Concidered this? I think the give 655/D5 a good look!
    Bitspower MCP655 modified top: Clicky 1. Comes in three varieties as single top, and some as dual top.
    Bitspower MCP655 housing mod: Clicky 2. Comes in Chrome, Black Sparkle and Matte Black (aka Black Diamond). Can only be used with Original top or Bitspower top.
    Last edited by Edited; 10-13-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Hi again! Nicely coming along, now!

-

- We did not hardpipe it. Indeed it looks nice, but we found that there was some disadvantages puting both inlets in front regarding the layout of the waterloop;

We used theese parts for the rads;
    - 6x bitspower 90 degree rotary fitting
    - 4x bitspower 10mm G1/4
    - 6x of your chosen fittings
    - Some feet of tubeing.

Here is how we set it up;

Schematic seen from above, relative to the case. The extenders were used where the "purple tube" are. Perfect fit! That was also one of the reasons why we used 3/8 ID + 5/8 OD: There is limited space between the PSU holder.

Name:	SchematicsRadatorV8_1.png 
Views:	2740 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	121227

Schematic 2, just showing parallel in duty.

Name:	SchematicsRadatorV8_2.png 
Views:	2727 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	121230

Ask any questions! Im to tired to think, lol

- Raystorm is a good choice! Just saw a graph here the other day, and it showed that it has less restriction than the Supreme HF - that makes it the least restrictive of all the popular blocks on the market per date.

- CF 6970 is never wrong! Dont know about the custom backplate. I have seen many have tried it, but most of them failed. I hope you change that To bad there is none pure white blocks for that 6970 series. What colour is the PCB?

Edit; Concidered this? I think the give 655/D5 a good look!
    Bitspower MCP655 modified top: Clicky 1. Comes in three varieties as single top, and some as dual top.
    Bitspower MCP655 housing mod: Clicky 2. Comes in Chrome, Black Sparkle and Matte Black (aka Black Diamond). Can only be used with Original top or Bitspower top.

- First of all thanks for all the help and tips!

- The schematic you provided look really nice and make perfect sense... I really like that inlet-outlet configuration because the loop routing would be much better as you say... maybe I copy that idea
    Too bad I have only 3 x 90º adapters only hehe! Maybe I use instead a once piece extender instead of tubing (or 2 extenders instead, to avoide using tubing I would like to do so
    I don't understand 2nd schema btw..

- I'm not sure about the PCB colour of the 6970 I have! That's a good question... I already sent an e-mail to ask for a custom 6970 backplate

- And yes, I'm going to use Bitspower Dual Top with Dual D5's + Dressing Kit, and I think I will go all black for those... my bitspower pumping station!

Thumbs up

- First of all thanks for all the help and tips!

- The schematic you provided look really nice and make perfect sense... I really like that inlet-outlet configuration because the loop routing would be much better as you say... maybe I copy that idea
    Too bad I have only 3 x 90º adapters only hehe! Maybe I use instead a once piece extender instead of tubing (or 2 extenders instead, to avoide using tubing I would like to do so
    I don't understand 2nd schema btw..

- I'm not sure about the PCB colour of the 6970 I have! That's a good question... I already sent an e-mail to ask for a custom 6970 backplate

- And yes, I'm going to use Bitspower Dual Top with Dual D5's + Dressing Kit, and I think I will go all black for those... my bitspower pumping station!

Hòla! El amor para ayudar! (I tried spanish, yay!)

Firstm great job on the fans. Looks like a PITA.

- Nice! Yes, do as you please with the schem, but bear in mind the hose thickness regarding the PSU support. How would you use the extenders? The second schematic just show parallel config in working duty, such as in EK's parallel bridges for GPU. The pressure from the inlet will split even when entering the radiator. The first half will go directly into radiator #2, cool, and do it's job there before exiting. The second half will go in to radiator #1, cool, and exit directly into radiator #2's outlet pocket. Here, the pressure picks up to 100% again.

The purpose of this is to supply both radiators with fresh, cold water even tho it is in the same loop. Yes, the pressure will be split even over the two rads, that means less pressure over the rads, but more heat exchange. This allows the lowest temperatures possible, and will work optimally with the fan configuration shown in schem #1.

- Would be nice if it was black, it's sort of a color that fits everywhere. Who is making the backplate?

- Very nice choice! BP PumpStation.. Sounds nice!

Once, again; good luck!

Xtreme Member
    A small update before going to sleep!
    I just finisehd removing all speed controller and sleeving from NZXT fans

I left the 2 140mm fans to the end, and I was surprised when I removed the sticker and saw that there was no access to the internal PCB...

I had 2 options. First was to solder the fan controller wires together to avoid reaching the PCB or the second which was make a cut into the plastic of the fan and get to the PCB to remove the wires from the speed controller and link the connector in the PCB

I was afraid to damage the PCB, the body of the fan (more than intended) or even cut the wires!
    My dremel had only big discs so I had to cut the plastic really slow

Not the best cut in the world, but at least I didn't damage the PCB, Wires, fan, and since the hole will be covered with a custom sticker I don't care that much

After 24 hours of hard work I ended up doing this cool NZXT logo to cover the hole
    Well at least you can imagine how the fan will look once the stickers are ready

Xtreme Member
    I have a problem!

The 6970 from Sapphire I have has SKU #21187-00-40R, and It's impossible to find another identical card, since all the new models are SKU #11187-00-40R.
    Maybe this does not affect Crossfire performance, but the water blocks do change, and I don't want to use different blocks :S

I was thinking:

Sell 1 x 6970 (21187-00-40R) and Buy 2 x Identical 6970 (11187-00-40R) ----> Then I can use same water blocks!
    Sell 1 x 6970 (21187-00-40R) and buy 2 x GTX 580 -----> ¿?¿?
    Keep 1 x 6970 (21187-00-40R) and buy 1 x 6990 -----> ¿?¿? What I don't like about this setup is the use of different blocks again...

What would you do?

Xtreme Member
    double post :S
    Last edited by SoMBrA; 10-15-2011 at 06:11 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast