Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: SandForce "SF-22XX" issues and workarounds

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Weird, I'll have to wait for the fw update on the Corsairs.

and this was with just a few GB's written?

The TRIM delay was supposed to be fixed for the new firmware, could be they have just postponed the delay
    I'll send you an update where you can play with the delays while deleting, I've made it configurable.
    (from 100ms up to 5000ms per 500 files)
    -
    Hardware:

Xtreme X.I.P.
    New firmware (1.3.3) released by Corsair Link

I'm about to install on both drives.
    -
    Hardware:

Hmm. I really can't decide if I want to try 1.3.3 right away, since there's been absolutely no hiccups with 1.3.2.

Maybe I'll just give it a few days and see if their forum blows up from angry customers before I make a move :P

Xtreme X.I.P.
    1.3.3 looks to be very close to 1.3.2 performance wise, it's been working for close to 11hours in the endurance test, will take another day to know if it's as stable as 1.3.2.
    -
    Hardware:

So.. What's the verdict on the new super-firmware?

Personally I haven't had any problem with either 1.3.2 or 1.3.3 yet, but of course I'm not endurance testing to provoke the drive.

Is the enhanced TRIM function noticeable?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I can't fault this one either (so far), it's been ~66 hours and it looks just as stable as 1.3.2.
    I'm using no tweaks except for the LPM registry fix, I always apply that one.

There looks to be a different behavior on TRIM, I'd have to perform some other tests or monitor using hIOmon to see what difference it makes.
    -
    Hardware:

SSDabuser
    I've had the Mushkin up on the 3.3.2 "for real this time" revision. It's 61hrs in, but I'm not expecting any miracles.

Hm, I just had a crash similar to the one where the graphic card driver likely broke all of a sudden, but WITHOUT my SSD installed. So one of my two experienced crashes wasn't due to the SSD - at least not entirely. The disk did, however, panic out, requiring a power cycle at that time, which was what lead me to believe it was SF-related. Tricky problems indeed!

I guess it really was as rare as they state it is in the changelog for the new FW tho. I'm just glad I haven't experienced more SF-related(?) crashes since the new FW.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345