Thread: Rant

Xtreme Addict

Rant

DLC for some generes it's ok but on the most part I find it pointless. Once you have finished the main story I always find it hollow to do anything else. You have beaten the top dog and anything else is like selling lemonade at the side of the road.

Take Skyrim for example. Main plot was not clearly marked and before you know it your l10 character has finished the big bad overlord of doom - with a crappy knife they found in one of the numerous caves. I really did try to do the crafting system and perks system but it was largely irrelevant. I did not have to achieve anything to finish the game. Never did I bother to use a horse, buy a house etc. Sad. I really expect not to be able to take on the 'boss' without be substainally buffed.

Vendors: Almost all games do them horribly. Diablo3 - never ever purchased anything but some potions or dye from a vendor. They put several in each acts spawn point. Why? watch how all but one (the one closest to town portal) is visited.
    Metro2033 - use a gun found on the floor. Borderlands2 - best use of a vendor [machine] but still, hardly anything to better your player.

Why not more of the same - with some improvement?. By this I mean, most sequels do so many damn changes to the game its not really the same game. Max Payne3 and Borderland2 got it right. Same thing with updated graphics. People liked it before and they like it again. But it seems now that it's pacman with developers and programmers gobbling each other up. New teams doing sequels hardly ever works.

Why have we not got mirrors edge 2 or HL2:EP3 yet? Seriously - these would make money. Apprently business is a good thing to climb out of recession.

Rather than a madmans rant - this guy somes up gaming direction now especially this one

Little disjointed but thoughts?

Xtreme Mentor
    Diablo 3 is a disaster. They ruined the game to force people use auction house especially the real money one.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Member
    Skyrim was never about the main quest, or story. Try Witcher for that. Skyrim is about spending hours 'living' in a virtual world; completing those insane number of quests is not necessary but how else do you increase the length of the game ? Increasing the length of the main quest requires a lot of work, adding side-quests is relatively simple.
    Games like Skyrim, or Borderlands rely on the people to explore and use features available in the game, rather than constricting the storyline that forces their use - partly the reason of their sandox style gameplay. Level scaling in Skyrim wasn't a big deal IMO, which is why I am surprised you finished the main quest at Lv.10 with a crappy knife :p
    Va fail, dh'oine.

"I am going to hunt down people who have strong opinions on subjects they dont understand " - Dogbert

Always rooting for the underdog ...

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    Diablo 3 is a disaster. They ruined the game to force people use auction house especially the real money one.
    without trading you wont get anywhere in d3, it is just like d2. the only thing that changed was that you can now use an AH instead of having to farm runes to trade, and they made the end game content more visible so people try to do it no matter what.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    without trading you wont get anywhere in d3, it is just like d2. the only thing that changed was that you can now use an AH instead of having to farm runes to trade, and they made the end game content more visible so people try to do it no matter what.
    Sure you will, you just wont beat the retard difficulty levels that are only there for the sole purpose of grinding. No story at all, no point to them other than to make you spend pointless time grinding.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Mentor
    no i finished d2 from normal to hell without any trading at least 10 times. Yes with trading it would take less time to finish but i have the option to finish without trading with a reasonable extra time in d3 without ah there is no reasonable time.

That doesn't mean i am against trading until inferno it was fun actually but when you hit the top level forcing for ah starts. Game designed from the beginning for ah for example no character customization. Same level characters are all same if they are naked. you may say skills but they are all same too for each class at most 4 or 5 skill variations every body uses. So only way to customize your character is gear and only way to get gear is ah. These forcing killed lots f fun and re playability of d3. for example if you can't customize your monk why to create a second monk? i had at least 3 different characters from same class at d2. at every new start with distributing experience and skill points differently you can get a whole new game play with even same class. but in d3 no need for a new character at same class.

Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    no i finished d2 from normal to hell without any trading at least 10 times. Yes with trading it would take less time to finish but i have the option to finish without trading with a reasonable extra time in d3 without ah there is no reasonable time.

That doesn't mean i am against trading until inferno it was fun actually but when you hit the top level forcing for ah starts. Game designed from the beginning for ah for example no character customization. Same level characters are all same if they are naked. you may say skills but they are all same too for each class at most 4 or 5 skill variations every body uses. So only way to customize your character is gear and only way to get gear is ah. These forcing killed lots f fun and re playability of d3. for example if you can't customize your monk why to create a second monk? i had at least 3 different characters from same class at d2. at every new start with distributing experience and skill points differently you can get a whole new game play with even same class. but in d3 no need for a new character at same class.
    i really do not like the lack of skill as well, but people seam to put all of the blame on the AH when the 2 stat system and visible end game are where the complaints are really coming from.

and did you really finish hell solo with no trading, that must have taken almost 1k hours or you were really lucky. or you were a hamerdin and in that case you can go you self
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    i really do not like the lack of skill as well, but people seam to put all of the blame on the AH when the 2 stat system and visible end game are where the complaints are really coming from.

and did you really finish hell solo with no trading, that must have taken almost 1k hours or you were really lucky. or you were a hamerdin and in that case you can go you self
    yes it took long but not like 1k hours and i had an obsession on d2 that i have to open all map last time was 2008 never played d2 after that. i am not sure if i will or will not play another diablo game if there will be one in the future, maybe my age is not right any more ?

Xtreme Addict
    I played D3 through inferno without auction house.

But in terms of my rant - I want more from games. Better story, physics and complexity. Really I want a damn good puzzle game like Myst.

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    I don't mind side missions, I do mind games changing everything in the last mission, and annulling all my achievements.

Just Cause 2 had those sequences where you had to push some key numbers in a short amount of time, and in the start it was ok but the more I leveled the harder they became ...and in the end I had to change the resolution and ask a friend of mine to press them for me, because I was too slow.. and the keys got longer and longer. I thought wtf, this was so unrelated to the rest of the gameplay! I never finished and rage-quitted before the last mission with an outburst of nuclear cursing.

I also quitted Two Worlds 2, because all I had achived in my gameplay was annulled at the last mission. I could only kill the dragon with a crappy slow crossbow-thingie

Prototype 2 was weird, I really liked it and didn't mind that they had made it a lot easier than Prototype, because they had a lot more story and it was fun - but at the end game, you couldn't use a single devastator attack ...what was that about? I wanted to see New York burn or be saved like in a Sci Fi movie or Prototype, but instead I got an honorable good ol' fistfight between two monster devouring cannibalistic circus kangaroos dancing on a rooftop ..I cried and never finished that game.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!