Thread: Switching wires on a 24pin

Switching wires on a 24pin

Can i switch them or should i label all before unpluging and sleeving?

I already took them all out and sleeved, i think i changed some wires and the power supply is working fine, but im afraid i might have done that could affect the power lanes, a cathode that i bough few weeks ago doesnt light up anymore, but since is low quality i didnt think it was the power supply, everything else seems to be working.

i have an antec quatro 1000w

Im going to send an email to antec asking for the correct order from the board to the connector, but i wonder if they will give me this.

yes they have to be put back the way they were, Hope you labeled them : ) G/L

thinking about it you may need a tester, ground is ground but the rest ore not the same

Quote Originally Posted by Kanabanoid View Post
    thinking about it you may need a tester, ground is ground but the rest ore not the same
    how can i do this?

i mean, the wires from the same colors will have the same voltage.. i didnt mix the colors, otherwise it wouldnt even turn on or it would damage it, what i certantly did was switching an orange with an orange for example.

when i get home i will ask antec for the datasheet or something.. like i said, everything seems to be working..

that is a bit beyond me, but hopefully someone on here will chime in on this for ya, : )

P.S. you could try it on an old board and see if anything melts ? lol...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drako12 View Post
    how can i do this?

i mean, the wires from the same colors will have the same voltage.. i didnt mix the colors, otherwise it wouldnt even turn on or it would damage it, what i certantly did was switching an orange with an orange for example.

when i get home i will ask antec for the datasheet or something.. like i said, everything seems to be working..
    define "everything seems to be working" is that on a running PC?
    i don't think swapping wires as long as its the same colour would make any difference on a single rail powersupply
    havn't looked up teh specs... so not sure... just thinking outloud.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - (Einstein)

Quote Originally Posted by MadHacker View Post
    define "everything seems to be working" is that on a running PC?
    i don't think swapping wires as long as its the same colour would make any difference on a single rail powersupply
    havn't looked up teh specs... so not sure... just thinking outloud.

well, the problem is that antec quatro 1000w has 4 rails, and yes, its working on a pc with with a wc with a mcp655, 3 HDs, 1 SSD, 2500k@4.3ghz, 6950, 6 fans and fan controller..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    well there are 2 yellow wires(12v) and 5 orange wires(3.3v) and 2 red(5v)
    other then pulling power from a different rail i can't realy see any problem. teh voltage would still be teh same...
    perhaps there is more details on the PS as to where the power goes.
    each voltage on the connector may be on the same rail anyways...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - (Einstein)

Xtreme Addict
    It does not matter. Yellow is +12v, red is +5, orange is +3.3, black is ground. as long as you got the other colors (blue, purple, grey/white, and green) in the right spots you are good!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump