Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New XSPC waterblock, The RAYSTORM!

Xtreme Member

New XSPC waterblock, The RAYSTORM!

RayStorm CPU for Intel and AMD
    September 22, 2011

After many months of hard work, we are proud to announce the new RayStorm CPU block. It’s our best ever performing CPU block and in my opinion the best looking. We are aiming to get it to reseller in early October.

The block will be released in two version. The first is for Intel for sockets 775, 1155, 1556, 1336 and 2011. The second is for AMD AM2 and AM3 boards as well as FM1 APUs.

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterb...erblock-intel/

http://www.xs-pc.com/products/waterb...aterblock-amd/
    We just placed an order here; it should be arriving fairly soon.....I'll purchase one myself when they arrive and review it

I am Xtreme
    Would be nice to see internal shots. It does look like they are using channels instead of pins this time around though.

Xtreme Member
    I'm seeing some type of finned/skived copper in one of the pictures, but I'll ask the sales rep for confirmation.

Xtreme Addict

Last edited by mlwood37; 09-22-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Must resist...

Xtreme Member
    Interesting

Waiting for some internal pics!

Xtreme Member
    .:If It Isn't Broke, Overclock It!:. .:Overclock It Til It Bleeds!:. .:If you can read this, then you aren't "well" Overclocked yet...!!! :.

Xtreme Addict
    The inside isn't the same as the Rasa. The base is larger and the cutting on the copper base and channels are different too
    From paul over at XSPC on ST.

Got to say that's one sweet ass looking block.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-22-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    ...me likes too...

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, posts here (and links on vendor site) somehow show growing trend in Liquid Cooling. It's more about bling now, not performance. No internal shots, no performance numbers, but hey, it has lights now! :/

Xtreme Addict
    Internal shots tomorrow there should be.

And yeh there is a trend (why else buy Bit's power candy coated over priced stuff) Woot and about bloody time ..... Performance is not gonna get much better than were we are so its about time we looked at presentation.

There are more people that Mod for looks and E-Peen than there is for performance. So simple if you want performance then get sub zero or larger rads.

Rock on XSPC keep up the good work Paul.

p.s they should perform better than the rasa but until some ones tests it we wont know.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 09-22-2011 at 03:11 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Hmm, posts here (and links on vendor site) somehow show growing trend in Liquid Cooling. It's more about bling now, not performance. No internal shots, no performance numbers, but hey, it has lights now! :/
    Waterblock performance has pretty much peaked. I'd be happy w/ the same temperatures as long as it has better flow rate.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Waterblock performance has pretty much peaked. I'd be happy w/ the same temperatures as long as it has better flow rate.
    Agreed. As long as the flow rate is better and does not affect cooling performance, there isn't much of a difference in each block. I do however agree with what someone else mentioned earlier in another thread: we should also be looking at how easy it is to install these blocks, as well as looks and pricing now that more than 2-3 companies make waterblocks

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Ive got a sample to test but haven't opened it up yet. Out of town at the moment, but I can probably get a few internal pics for you this weekend.

Banned
    Hmm I smell a channel design similar to EK Supreme HF. And no a bigger radiator is not going to make much of a difference unless you are pushing your current radiator's limits. I believe their is a bit more room for improvement.

Looks Interestng.

Competition is good not everyone who watercools is in it for the same reasons.
    Main Rig: x6 1090T @ 4228Mhz 1.53v, 3000NB 1.32v | GA-990FXA-UD3 F3b | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 7-8-8 | XFX6950(unlocked) 950/1450 | Corsair AX-850 | X-25m 80GB G2 | 4x Samsung 1TB F3 Raid5 w/ Perc5i | U2311H | NesteQ FanMax 8 | Dimastech Easy Dual V2.5
    Watercooling: EK Supreme HF 'Gold' | EK FC-6970 | DDC 3.2 | MCR320 | MCRes Micro Rev2 | 3x GT 1850 |
    Notebook: Asus UL30VT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks very nice and finish seems to be nice as well...if its better than the rasa then it should be the top performing block right? The rasa was pretty close to the top dogs..

The mounting mechanism also seems to be quite good.

Banned
    The only thing I like about the mounting system is it simplicity. I bet it will be harder than it looks to install.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by matari View Post
    The only thing I like about the mounting system is it simplicity. I bet it will be harder than it looks to install.
    Mounting looks exactly the same as the Rasa. Which is pretty damn easy to mount.

Banned
    would look well in your current rig. Wish they would make an all copper block tho.

ScytheNoire
    Very nice looking. Although would be nice if it came with LED's other than blue.
    Good idea though for EK to avoid plating.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast