Thread: My 1st WC Build i52500k UD5 Z68 Lian Li PC-P50WB (Project Sandy's Bridge)

My 1st WC Build i52500k UD5 Z68 Lian Li PC-P50WB (Project Sandy's Bridge)

Here is my very first intel CPU, and also my very first water-cooled rig.

Specs:
    i52500k (EK Supreme LT)
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD5 B3 (EK Waterblocks)
    2x 6950 with BIOS flash (Ek Waterblocks and backplates)
    2 140mmX2 Radiators with Aerocool Shark fans
    Swiftech MCP-355 pump with XSPC Acrylic res top
    Kingwin 1000W PSU
    1TB WDC Black HDD (SATA 6GBs)
    64GB Crucual SSD (SATA 6GBs)
    Aquacomputer LT
    Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon graphical display
    Bitspower shining silver compression fittings
    Clear Tygon tubing

I've built several OC profiles, the most notable and used are the 4.8 and 5.0GHz settings.

I am very pleased with the results...it games like a dream!

Feel free to comment or criticize...it was my first, and there are definitely things I'll do differently next time around.

Magicool Rad

Never, under any circumstances should you be naked near fishing tackle.

Xtreme Member
    Looks excellent! I'm jealous! I notice you (like many others) use compression fittings throughout. Is that the standard these days?

edit: also you have a dual rad cooling ALL of that? Damn! I didn't know you could do that. I've been out of the loop (pun intended) a few years and i feel so ignorant!
    Last edited by jadeskye; 09-19-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Xtreme Guru
    jadeskye: it's matter of looks preferences, more expensive choice though. As many strive for builds with bling, many go for CF. If it's worth or not to pay extra is up to you.

Xtreme Member
    Where did you get that window panel btw? I though these cases have "X" shaped one (ugly).
    Also this case would be sooo much better if it was just slightly taller, instead of having that cover panel on top, just be a simple, smaller clone of A77f.

Quote Originally Posted by jadeskye View Post
    Looks excellent! I'm jealous! I notice you (like many others) use compression fittings throughout. Is that the standard these days?

Not really sure...and you can't see them, but where it was feasible I went with barbs. The compression fittings do look great, but they also have the benefit of reducing the overall amount of tubing which results in improved airflow.

edit: also you have a dual rad cooling ALL of that? Damn! I didn't know you could do that. I've been out of the loop (pun intended) a few years and i feel so ignorant!
    Yes, there are two radiators...just understand that with a setup like this, the exhaust radiator inherits the heat from the intake. Collectively, it works pretty well I think. After an hour of gaming with max clocks, my water temp (taken at the pump outlet) has never exceeded a few degrees over room temp.

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    Where did you get that window panel btw? I though these cases have "X" shaped one (ugly).
    Side Panel from Frozen CPU: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10...AB-6_Left.html.

I tried fitting this on a PC-P50R but it didn't fit...and yes, the x shaped side window is standard.

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Nice build you have there

Thanks man!! Was trying to minimize cost and max performance / aesthetics...got lucky on the vidcards which are no longer available.

Just scored what I think may be the very last one of these cases in existence (Along with the rads to go with it)! I looked for something fresh, but I guess Lian Li has decided to stop making nice cases and are now producing SECC garbage cans which look like they belong in a Transformers movie. I hate recessions...everything goes downhill. But...yay me...gonna build myself something nice this time around. Now the wait begins....hmmmm...Bulldozer and 7xxx CF, or IvyBridge and 6xx SLI? We shall see

Quote Originally Posted by aerial View Post
    Also this case would be sooo much better if it was just slightly taller, instead of having that cover panel on top, just be a simple, smaller clone of A77f.
    To each his own I suppose..I actually like the cover panel and switch panel design...I can simply pop it off for minimum restriction during hardcore benching and what not. Besides, Lian Li made it look really good IMO. I like the A77F as well (Especially the A77FR), but I got a really good deal on two of these cases...so of course I must do the his / hers. I don't have unlimited resources like some folks...so I'm doing things with a reasonable budget/pace in mind. The other rig is being built HERE. Besides...I've never seen an A77F with a black interior, and not sure if it's even possible to source a side panel such as this...especially for the red one.

Nice water cooling setup. A real beauty!
    GlobalPR.com.tw | Official Agency for Lian Li
    Visit Lian Li at www.Lian-Li.com
    www.facebook.com/LianLiHQ