Thread: Xtreme problem connecting A855 droid

Xtreme Member

Xtreme problem connecting A855 droid

I cannot get my Motorola A855 droid to connect with windows 7 x64.
    I've tried the drivers from motorolas site, tried the developer drivers, and also tried modded drivers.
    upon plugging in the phone It does charge, but I don't get any messages on the pulldown saying "mount to USB"
    also tried Setting USB to developer mode... It only comes up as "usb composite device" in the device manager.
    I'm to the point where I'm considering this phone a useless paperweight,
    I wanted to load up my music on it but now I'm so angry I'd probably have more fun smashing it with a rock
    any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by halofanman; 09-18-2011 at 08:55 PM.
    DJ Falcone 2x Technics SL1200 MK5, Behringer DJX750 Mixer, Alienware m17 laptop.

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm that weird, A855 comes up without any issues. I would specualte that some setting is off or its just a data jack on the phone. Try the rock thing, see if that helps. hehe
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.

did u enable the option to mount the usb. with my g2x i have to have "mass storage only" checked in the sd card and phone storage menu.

and if u cannot get it to mount u can use blue tooth so u dont need to smash it.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi