Thread: Well I give up- this is Foxconn's fault- good board, crap support

Well I give up- this is Foxconn's fault- good board, crap support

Howdy all, been here a while, watch and read a lot- I dont comment very often.

But now I am pissed off!!!!

I Upgraded an i7 920 CPU to a Xeon W3570 CPU, for Sli reasons, (Basically an extreme on steriods- fully unlocked 4 core with a 6.4 Qpi) which will function with this MB no problem- hits 4.7 to 5.0 on air, fantastic CPU, huge speed increase from a i7 920, but does no good on a system that doesn't function correctly due to an incorrectly programed BIOS file. I tried both ways, before the CPU replacement, and again after, and then reversed. Mind you this problem was present before the CPU upgrade- with the original i7 920- I flashed the BIOS before the CPU replacement, as most people would do- it was supposedly necessary to support the New CPU.

I wish I would have never made this purchase (Bloodrage), it's just one bull:banana::banana::banana::banana: problem after another, Foxconn has the worst support I have ever seen- worse even then BFG (now defunct)- which isn't saying alot, Even Asus is better (oddly, Foxconn makes many of the Asus boards- go figure).

After a P011 flash I can not reflash because the boot block size doesnt match from P010 to P011 and for some odd reason is write protected? I have several other error(s) that are not normal- such as a SATA drive MBR unreconised, and I have to manually select the boot drive no- matter what I have tried, and no ability to reflash due to the previous- since P011, as well the BIOS incorrectly reports many things to the OS- no matter what CPU I use. Nor will it allow for a manual flash from USB, or CDROM. I want the P010 BIOS back, but I can not even roll back the BIOS from the Stored section- it defaults to the P011.

I did not have any of these troubles before P011 BIOS update. No L/T this isnt your fault, it's FC's. This is supposed to be fun and some what easy- this board has never been that.

I am sorry, but after all this time, if I ran my company this way I would have long been gone (fired)- and looking for new employment- perhaps a new line of work where my lack of expertise was more able to allow for obvious mistakes and create less problems- perhaps a soup line?

Lest I forget the missing audio code so I can use what I paid for.....JFG service. :(

Terrible support from Foxconn. Supports and updates are nearly non-existant, it's crap, has been for a long time. I cant fix it because the P011 BIOS is made wrong (size and write protected). If I cant flash it, I cant fix it.

FIX IT Foxconn, after 3 emails, and two phone calls to you- WTF?

FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dragonz1r; 09-17-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Core i7 W3570 @ 4.86Ghz (on air)
    Foxconn Blood Rage
    6Gb Gskill Perfect Storm @ 1666 Mhz
    Twin 580 GTX in Sli mode (if ever the BIOS is fixed correctly)
    Samsung 37" LCD
    Twin 1 T/B WD Black in raid- striped, Single WD As a B/U.
    Antec 1200 watt PSU
    Antec 900 series case
    Sony BD Player
    LG BD/DVD burner
    Logitech Bluetooth M/KB
    Cambridge THX Gigaworks 7.1 Sound

Xtreme Member
    Have you sent a message to Saaya?
    I control my hardware
    My hardware does not control me

Good luck with that! I have had ZERO support from Foxconn.
    They build great products, but dont even know what support is.
    I WILL NEVER BUY FOXCONN AGAIN!!
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Xtreme Member
    Did you try to force your second bios by the jumper. As long as you didnt flash your backup bios, you should have a factory bios on your second chip. Did you try doing a force flash and alt f2 method?
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Deimos*** View Post
    WARNING GTX480 - may cause dizziness, blurred vision, dry mouth, dehydration, shortness of breath, headaches, naussea, explosive diahrea

Foxconn Bloodrage P11 ( 2.1 SLIC MOD )
    Corei7 980 (3118B583) 4.2ghz 24-7 with stock vcore
    2x8GB PNY 1600c9 @ 1600mhz 9-9-9-24-1T
    nVidia GTX 770
    256gb OCZ Vertex4 FW 1.5
    2TB Green Barracuda
    Antec HCG-620w PSU
    Corsair H50 ( Sucks Hairry Balls IMHO )
    Coolermaster Storm Sniper Black Custom Sleeved
    3 x Dell U2410 H-IPS 1920x1200 Surround
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Xtreme Addict
    And strangely, some of us are fine and enjoying one of best mobos for X58.

Nothings perfect.. especially in HW world.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr