Thread: Bluetooth Stereo Headset Recommendation?

Nerdy Powerlifter

Bluetooth Stereo Headset Recommendation?

As the title asks....

I wanted some opinions as I can't find any good discussion about stereo bluetooth headsets.

I need a pair that'll let me take calls while biking (yes, I know, pull over before taking the call) as well a provide music with decent audio quality.

Also, any foam insert recommendations?
    (Using rubber blocks out all external sound, which is too dangerous while biking. I've been using crapple Apple earphones because they let in a lot of external noise so I know what is going on around me.)
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Hard to find any decent ones, offering something above average quality. I've gave up on this and got myself a Sony mw600 - it's effin' great, but you will need only some headphones to plug in.

As for the foams, impossible - IEM's depend on blocking external sound, so you would need some really crapy foams(cheapest ones?) to do the trick. Foams bundled with Soundmagic PL11 should do the trick.
    Last edited by 6thsurvivor; 09-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I use a Motorola S9 and I'm happy. The sound quality is ok, I guess you can't ask for ultra Hi-Fi in a device of this kind.
    I don't use them for anything other than sport or walking.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    The S9 is more up my alley. I wanted something minimalistic. I know amazon sells foam inserts. I can always cut holes in them to allow more outside noise to reach my ears.

I was also thinking about these: http://www.amazon.com/LG-HBS-700-Wir...454521&sr=1-16
    lg-hbs-700-headset1.jpg

The ratings are excellent, I just don't know if they'll flop all over the place while biking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    I have the s10-hd set and they hurt my ears with my glasses on (plus the fact I have a big head to fit my massive ego in ... that doesn't help), but for times when mowing the lawn and doing gardening work they have been nice - I like having a set of mic'ed earbud on instead for comfort and sound quality. I must admit I have been looking at the LG you posted and a few other bluetooth dongles that allow you to use the mic'ed headphones by just plugging them in.

- Plus, with my full gloves on while biking I have an issue with the lil buttons on the S10-HDs

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I ended up getting the above LG headset. I wear sunglasses when I bike b/c it keeps my eyes from drying out and the sun down here in Louisiana will cook you. This should aleviate the sunglasses issue.

I also ordered these earbud covers: Comply S-400

I'll let you guys know how this works out.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    That LG headset looks awesome!

Nerdy Powerlifter
    They work super well! I've been using them for weeks.

The sound quality is simply awesome. Not a huge amount of bass, but that's no what you'd expect from $50 bluetooth stereo headsets. Otherwise, the sound is clear and music sounds rich, not washed out.

They are comfortable. It's nice not having any weight on my head. Instead, the unit sits around me neck. Taking a phone call, changing, playing or stoping a song is very easy. The tactile feeling of each button lets you know you did push it. The unit overall is solidy constructed.

I also wanted to also say the range is very good. 15 to 20 feet with a wall between the unit and my phone. Open air, the range should be more. The signal doesn't get statically as you move away from the phone. Either you have a great signal or no signal.

I haven't tested the quality of phone calls on a bike. So that'll have to wait.

Overall, I'd buy this unit again over any other stereo headset.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware

Xtreme Cruncher
    http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-90.../dp/B001TK3AC0

The Plantronics BackBeat 903 gets my vote, I have yet to find a lighter pair that stays on your head while doing physical activity. They can sound a little tinny to people you talk to, but it gets the job done as well as pretty good sounding audio, lots of bass and clarity if EQd right. (I use a Motorola Atrix)

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I couldn't wear those w/ sunglasses.

That's why I didn't buy that type of over-the-ear headset.
    You must [not] advance.

Heatware