Thread: nForce 4 Ultra & SSDs properly working

Xtreme Member

nForce 4 Ultra & SSDs properly working

This thread might not be that useful, I don't really know. But I do reckon that if it existed it would have been helpful to me. So I imagine there are others out there who may fell the same way. I just hope Google picks it up.

Although nF4 hardware is quite old nowadays, not everyone updates their computers on a frequent schedule. I'm one. I've read about using SSDs with NVIDIA boards and some of the inherent problems. Nonetheless since one of my F3s bit the dust I acquired a OCZ Vertex 3.

Thing works fine. You just have to install Windows 7 with the default drivers and skip installing NVIDIA ones. Don't know how things work with RAID, because I just installed a single SSD.

However one thing I've noticed across several posts, and happened to me also, was that the drives seemed to be limited to SATA I, despite being SATA III and the nF4 boards Sata II.

After some research I came across this thread, Here!

As it seems there is a fix for that. And it works. These are my current speeds, using a Vertex 3 and an DFI nF4 Ultra-D board. Obviously the drive could be even faster with a newer combo but from being limited to Sata I it's an improvement.

Hope someone finds this thread useful! If not, bin with it!

A64 3800+ X2 3.0Ghz |DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D |OCZ EL DDR PC4000 Gold GX XTC |Corsair AX850W |XFX 260GTX Black Edition

Opteron 150 2.8Ghz |Mushkin Redline PC4000 |Asus A8N-SLI |Corsair VX550W |XpertVision 7600GS

I am Xtreme
    I have the same board.

thank you so much bro! subscribed!

once i have time to try the boards i'll post something here..