Thread: Can anyone still find Kingston Hyper-X FB-DIMMs??

Can anyone still find Kingston Hyper-X FB-DIMMs??

Hey guys, I'm getting desperate trying to keep my ASUS Z7S-WS alive. Kingston no longer has replacement memory and I'm down to my last two sticks. They gave me a nice check for $140 in exchange for the last kit I sent in, but I can't plug that check into my board.

I've exhausted my Google-fu and eBay-fu. At this point I'd be happy just to get the heatsinks off of one of these kits to put on my own memory.

If you know of any place that still has them available, or if you have some yourself that you'd like to get rid of (nonworking is fine, as long as the heatsinks are there), please let me know.

Part number is KHX6400F2LLK2/2G and they look like this:

Xtreme Addict
    RMA the last sticks for another $140 check, ebay the CPUs and MB. Buy new platform that uses normal memory. Sorry :/
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

If the last remaining Hyper-X FB-DIMMs give out, I'll just get some Apple FB-DIMMs and grind down the heatsinks till they fit.

Parting out my machine to build a new one would mean a considerable loss on my investment. And despite its age, it still outclasses many modern higher-end rigs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums

those sticks im guessing u will never find something like that now, FB are getting clocked lower and hypers dont exist with the remaining good chips from elpida in short supply. i would look to crucial or micron they should beable to help u with hard to find server stuff or like u said apple since they use all micron for the servers and workstations.

also arnt those FB ddr2, how do get hypers on that with it being ddr2.

edit- nvm hyper-x is the brand not hyper ics. look to micron or crucial though.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 09-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Matt66
    If you have to, move down to 667. I have three good ones and need a fourth. I will pay $300 for two good ones if you still have them. If I buy a set and have a couple left over I will post.

Sending you a PM, Matt66.

Sorry for bringing so old topic back to life, but my question is the same as in first post.
    Is anybody willing to sell FB-DIMM HyperX sticks?
    I have bought Skulltrail and want to play a little

I don't even know one person who owns a kit. I'm afraid this kit will be very hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.