Razer: PC Gaming is not dead!

Xtreme Member
    Razer Switchblade obviously
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.

Xtreme Member
    I like that , I'm sure people will dis on this but overall this is cool, by the way, I don't have one console in my house and 6 computers hooked up and I started my boy ( 5 years old now ) when he was 4 on the PC and he loves the PC, Crysis 2 and BFBC2 are is favoret games to play. We both are waiting for BF3 to come out. Everytime he logs on to BF2/AIX he screams "BF3 is comming" lol

Well i only use my xbox to stream videos from my pc

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

I just hope more future games won't be console ports, I miss the days when games were only developed for PC.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Wanna look under my kilt?
    If its just the release of a new handheld-ish mobile-ish gaming device its not going to save PC gaming is it???

I think the intent is slightly overhyped
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    no not really, your missing the point. Its not that they are saving PC gaming.....its that it was never dead, or dying....or anything remotely close, and probably never will be. Thats the point they are trying to get across.....nothing needs any friggen saving!! (frustration not directed at you presonally)
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Cruncher
    I sadly have an Xbox, but all its used for it Netflix and my girlfriend uses the Kinect other than that I honestly never play a game on it, mainly cause the graphics and typical game play sucks.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wanna look under my kilt?
    I re-read it, in some ways you're right... my bad!

It could be interpreted a few ways.... and not all of the ways have a point??
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    Lol - the mouse that changed the face of gaming forever!!

/don lafontaine voice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    If its just the release of a new handheld-ish mobile-ish gaming device its not going to save PC gaming is it???

I think the intent is slightly overhyped
    PC gaming is handled and mobile gaming now

Face it, a dual core laptop, 4gb of memory, and IGP is all anybody actually needs. Throwing extra power at it is a negative since battery life goes down. And outside of needing a keyboard and better functions within MS office, a smart phone or a tablet is an even better computing platform for people.

When dumbass companies like Razer trot out "zomg look at all these people" what they neglect to mention is the majority of PC gamers don't have a PC that will run anything more than CS 1.6, Quake Live, Farmville or WOW. And most people buying new PCs are going to buy PCs with similar specs. They also gloss over the fact that most of the sales are laptops where a GPU upgrade is impossible, or small desktops meaning they could only upgrade to an extremely anemic GPU.

It's not dead by any means, it's just changed. It's not really a good platform for AAA titles anymore. And the current "more power, more gpu's, more hardware" from some PC gamers is turning it into an even smaller, and smaller niche group with no real numbers for sales compared to what people are buying.

M$ and other idiotic companies trot out "but there are 500 million PCs out there", ok, great. So you can sell 500 million copies of farmville and angry birds, that's nice!
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Addict
    I don't know what kinda crap games you play where the IGP is fine, but you do not speak for any real gamer here.
    Computer: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz | Asus P8P67 Evo | Corsair LP 16gb 1600CL9 | Silver Arrow | Essence STX | Crucial m4 128gb | Silverstone Raven 3|

Video: 2x Sapphire 6950 Toxic 2gb @ 6970 Switch @ 880 / 1350 | Asus VG248QE |

Audio: ODAC+O2 => JH|13 Pro | STX => ATH-AD700X / Audioengine A5

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    PC gaming is handled and mobile gaming now

Face it, a dual core laptop, 4gb of memory, and IGP is all anybody actually needs
    Nope.exe

That may be all you need to play your facebook games but most people on here will disagree.
    Hell, my lantop is an m18x. Quad core, 16gb ram, dual ssd's and a pair of 6990m's + I still wouldn't mind something quicker. Did I mention it gets 6 hours of battery life on the go with all that gear inside? It's possible to build powerful hardware that is also capable of sipping energy, it just costs money to implement it. However the hardware market isn't taking a turn for more and more expense. You just have the option to spend far more than you used to be able to.
    Back in the agp days it was 1 gpu anything else was usually a generic monitor driving card. Now you can get quad sli/cfx, you are not forced to get it or need it in any way.

Steam doesn't release sales figures but they are rumoured to have at least 70% of the marketshare so your sales point is blunted somewhat but I digress. Razer are mostly a marketing company and they will hype up anything as much as they can. This has more hype than usual so it might be something interesting but in typical razer fashion it will most likely stop working after 6 months, whatever it is and during those 6 months have terrible support.
    Workstation:
    3960X | 32GB G.Skill 2133 | Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3*EVGA GTX580 HC2 3GB | 3*Dell U3011
    4*Crucial M4 256GB R0 | 6*3TB WD Green R6
    Areca 1680ix-24 + 4GB | 2*Pioneer BDR-205 | Enermax Plat 1500W
    Internal W/C | PC-P80 | G19 | G700 | G27
    Destop Audio:
    Squeezebox Duet | Beresford TC-7520 Caiman modded | NAD M3 | MA RX8 | HD650 | ATH-ES7
    Man Cave:
    PT-AT5000E | TXP65VT30 | PR-SC5509 | PA-MC5500 | MA GX300*2, GXFX*4, GXC350 | 2*BK Monolith+
    Gaming on the go:
    Alienware M18x
    i7 2920XM | 16GB DDR3 1600
    2*6990 | WLED 1080P
    2*Crucial M4 256GB | BD-RW
    BT 375 | Intel 6300 | 330W PSU

2011 Audi R8 V10 Ibis White ABT Tuned - 600HP

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    I don't know what kinda crap games you play where the IGP is fine, but you do not speak for any real gamer here.
    For a computer outside of gaming? Yeah you don't need anything more. And quadcores, fast GPU's just drain battery life and up the form factor which are no-no's to most people buying a laptop.

"Computing" is moving to mobiles and handhelds rather quickly.

Does it matter that such a device can't run crysis, nope. They'll just play the games that can run off those devices because those are the devices they want.

More and more people are moving in that direction making PC gaming for AAA demanding titles a smaller and smaller shrinking community.

So while PC gaming is growing, it's not in the hardware enthusiast area at all.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Member
    Pc-ftw!
    i5 4690k @ stock on Apogee GTX
    MB ????
    RAM ???
    HD6970 on mcw60
    PA120.3
    Custom Built Case

My Blog:
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Locke

Well thats a load of crap what your saying here. With actually no proof at all.
    Lately i have been diving in the world of lan-gaming. And boy that world is big, in holland we have lans as big of 500 to a 1000 people(and thats not 1 a year), filled with rigs all very well capable of running crysis.

The problem is, that the game producers have lost contact with there customers and have no clue what they really want and what there willing to pay.
    Loads of p4f games have been launched where you can pay for extra's and all does pirates all of a sudden where willing to pay hundreds of dollars for something silly as a hat. Thing is, its not the hat, its the idea of games getting support! and patches. Sales on starcraft2 went threw the roof! Why? blizzard supports there games.

Bf3 will sell like no other aswell, and dice doesnt even listen, but it will be the first game that isnt bound by console settings graphic wise for a long time.
    Its all pointing towards the producers not knowing what we pc-gamers want.

We want support, and intelligent games. Making a ty and way to easy game wont bring you money.Smart good looking and intelligent game will. And if you back it up with support, well the sky is the limit.

I used to pirate games,i admit it. But the last 4 years i finally got the money to buy, and guess what? i started buying games and havent downloaded a game in years. The need to get rid of the idea that people will pirate there game because they dont want to pay for it. They need to start to make games we want! And the money will come, and alot more then those silly console games will ever provide.
    And especially now consols are falling way behind on what pc's can do preformance wise, they really need to get there act together or new players will eat up the market.
    Mark my words.
    My hardware changes to fast and to much to keep a sig up to date. I just gave up on the idea.

Xtreme Member
    What about AMD and the LLANO processors. This will bring PC gaming to the masses. No more horribly sub-par integrated graphics. I think PC gaming is on the rise!
    CPU - Intel i7 2700K @ 5.2Ghz (1.38v)
    Cooling - Corsair H100i With 4 X 120MM OEM Corsair Fans
    System Board - Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Memory - G.Skill RipJaws-Z 2X8GB DDR3 2133Mhz @ 9-10-10-28 1T
    SSD1 - 240Gb Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2 - 128GB OCZ Vertex 3
    HDD1 - 1TB WD Black
    HDD2 - 2TB WD Green
    DVD - Liteon 22X DVD R/RW
    GPU1 - EVGA 670 GTX FTW 2GB
    PSU - 750W XFX XXX Edition
    Case - Silverstone Raven-02 Case
    Monitors - 3X Asus VX238H's and HANNS-G 28"

Visitor
    More and more people are moving in that direction making PC gaming for AAA demanding titles a smaller and smaller shrinking community.
    A basic quad core PC with HD6850 or GTX 460 graphics is very affordable now. Such a system will allow you to play any AAA title on a 22" monitor. It's just a matter of whether the powers that be want to push the market. Considering the cost I don't think it's much of a hurdle to convince all the gaming babies/kids/manboys out there.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver98 View Post
    What about AMD and the LLANO processors. This will bring PC gaming to the masses. No more horribly sub-par integrated graphics. I think PC gaming is on the rise!
    I think it could, it's a move in the right direction. Keep in mind how much of a tiny niche this forum is compared to the larger world of people buying computing devices. Most people want mobile and portable computing, which instantly takes them out of what people here consider "PC gaming". Releasing ever stronger GPU's in desktops with ever greater power requirements isn't good for PC gaming. Releasing better and better mobile items are.

I think LLANO is really the way to go here.

, they really need to get there act together or new players will eat up the market.
    No they don't.

It's no longer the late 90's early 2000's where most computers were a desktop because your laptop sucked even for MS word and you were 300-400 dollars short of a video card into high end PC gaming. Now your computer is a laptop with no upgrade path possible, or a tiny desktop that you probably can't fit a GFX card into and the PSU would explode if you tried. And the top end GPU performance is now well over 500 bucks for single cards at times with the option to link 3 of them up and slap in another for physX.

That's not really competing with consoles.

What's really eating up the market from all ends is actually phone and tablet gaming taking a large chunk out of everything. It's also where a ton of the actual money is.

I am Xtreme
    i think computers need to stop calling things graphics cards unless they have enough power to run actual graphics
    i cannot get over how many people buy a laptop and when i ask what gpu it has, they say some really awesome intel gaming gpu (pre SB btw)
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cx-ray View Post
    A basic quad core PC with HD6850 or GTX 460 graphics is very affordable now. Such a system will allow you to play any AAA title on a 22" monitor. It's just a matter of whether the powers that be want to push the market. Considering the cost I don't think it's much of a hurdle to convince all the gaming babies/kids/manboys out there.
    Which would be a good argument if people were still buying desktops as their main computing systems and partying like it's 1999! But really, that's not what's happening. They could release the best game ever that gives you blow jobs and washes your car and it's not going to change the fact that since the late 2000's people have been buying up mobile computing platforms and are now moving to tablets.

You're arguing for a platform that is an antique to an ever growing portion of people wanting computers. The computer isn't dieing, the desktop is.

Visitor
    The hardware economics have now progressed to the point that people can purchase their own tablet, laptop, and gaming capable desktop. As things progress that group will only get larger and the hardware more powerful. What you're arguing is akin to radio will be the death of music sales, TV the death of theater, and the internet the death of them all...well they are still all here and thriving like never before.

¿
    They forgot to mention their ability to produce a real gaming mouse died with the Diamondback G3.

Xtreme Addict
    Which would be a good argument if people were still buying desktops as their main computing systems and partying like it's 1999! But really, that's not what's happening. They could release the best game ever that gives you blow jobs and washes your car and it's not going to change the fact that since the late 2000's people have been buying up mobile computing platforms and are now moving to tablets.

You're arguing for a platform that is an antique to an ever growing portion of people wanting computers. The computer isn't dieing, the desktop is.
    you don't buy a laptop for play .. you don't buy a mobile device for play, if there's some few short and really ugly games for pass you the 1hour in train you pass each day.. that's good. ... You have buy some action in Apple or what ?

If future of gaming is tablet and smartphone... well.. let's stop play games directly ... lets find some better occupation, time to learn play golf i think... ooooh yes i want so much play Battlefield 3 on a touch screen.. or better a ultra small gamepad i can put on my pocket... in the train, this will be so perfect on my 4" screen.

And even laptop are more and more powerful ... wire a real keyboard a mouse and wire it on your 1920x1080 40" TV.. is not as bad as playing on a damn smartphone. Why are comparing sell of object who are not dedicated to computing first with sell of pc? everybody have a phone ... it's the object the most sell of the 21th century..... Smartphone replace phone ..... point. don't need to go for more.

before we had console will kill pc .... now it's Smartphone will kill PC ... tomorrow this will be the wc with an ARM+Touchscreen who will kill pc.

You should stop read the anlyst of World Street who have whatever never play with any of the smartphone they have, and become wet reading there's a car game on Iphone or looking the numbers of players for Farmville on FB. Gamers will not move to Smartphone for play, maybe peoples who was still play monopoly will, but gamers not.
    Last edited by Lanek; 08-23-2011 at 11:26 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

I am Xtreme
    cell phones games offer some basic fun and good challenges for prices too low to even notice it as a hobby

and the cost of PC gaming is low right now because consoles are so old. the 2 years after the next console arrives, a PC that looks just as good will be probably 1500$, and laptops wont even compete for those first 2 years, then its 2000$ minimum to get in the action, and probably 4 years before its mainstream gaming quality.

in the next few years we will see tablets and phones that can do 3d well enough to mimic WoW quality graphics, and with that kind of power a phone can then have games worth up to 40$ or so that would be no different than a PSP/DS published game. the mobile market is insanely profitable, and companies do notice and will take advantage of it.
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast