Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple seeks ban on all Galaxy smartphones, tablets in EU

Xtreme Member

Apple seeks ban on all Galaxy smartphones, tablets in EU

As if it couldn't get more silly...

What was initially Apple's request for a ban on just the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is now a more broad appeal for any device under the Galaxy name, including the flagship Galaxy S II. Apple's reasoning is the same old complaint about patent infringement that we're getting so used to hearing.

The ban Apple is now requesting is quite extensive and covers manufacturing, stocking, importing, distributing, trading or selling by Samsung Korea and its Dutch subsidiaries, according to Computerworld.

Apple also wants Samsung to send a letter to all of its European resellers asking for the return of all infringing products within 14 days and an offer of compensation. It also wants the letter to state that failure to do so will amount to infringing its patents.
    Source

one more reason not to by apple

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Addict
    Probably did this so they could get the "photoshoping" done ahead of time......
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG

Xtreme Addict
    oh for f... sakes... apple is really managing to piss me off with this charade... they haven't only halted distribution to Australia, but also are interfering with the EU market... this is why I am so against ambiguous open ended patents
    Last edited by kuroikenshi; 08-20-2011 at 05:23 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't know the details but just looking at the Galaxy R it's obviously an iPhone ripoff, at least looks wise. I'm not sure who's right in this one but it must be very annoying to see another company blatantly copy your ideas and make money off of them.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/10/s...nd-asia-nobod/

Xtreme Mentor
    Too late Apple
    I've got my SGS2 and enjoy it very much!
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Addict
    I think Apple has figured out that's it's much easier (and cheaper) to litigate rather than innovate. Why pour large amounts of money into research and development when you can simply spend far less money and get the courts to kneecap your competitors for you? They should keep in mind that this strategy is a double-edged sword...
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Member
    so apple isnt happy that samsung are selling a better product and undercutting them
    TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2088\9500MHz -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
    3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM

Xtreme Member
    Apple did the exact same thing in this case as in their attempt to block the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    In the documents they submitted to the Dutch court they made a photoshopped comparison of the iPhone 3G vs Galaxy S.
    I removed my MacBook Air from my profile and also removed it from my house.

Apple PhotoShopping the Galaxy S to mimic the iPhone 3G
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC
    Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming Motherboard
    Corsair RM1000x SHIFT PSU
    32 GB DDR4 @3800 MHz CL16 (4 x 8 GB)

1x WD Black SN850 1 TB
    1 x Samsung 960 250 GB
    2 x Samsung 860 1 TB
    1x Segate 16 TB HDD

Dell G3223Q 4K UHD Monitor
    Running Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 23H2 build 22631.2506

Smartphone : Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Xtreme Addict
    Banning the S2? Damnit all smart phones more or less look the same, what are they doing?! I for myself know why I'm not buying their overhyped and overpriced crap, what's this lawsuit going to do to likeminded people?! Change of opinions like "Oooh no, now we don't have Samsungs offerings anymore, let's buy Apple!"? Hell no. If they get this approved I'd rather buy the S2 on markets where it's still available and have it shipped here.
    The XS Folding@Home team needs your help! Join us and help fight diseases with your CPU and GPU!!

Xtreme Member
    I'm a proud Owner of 0 Apple Product. I wish this would backfire and the exact opposite happens for falsifying Evidence.
    Case: HAF-X
    CPU: AMD phenom II X6 1090T@4GHz
    Motherboard: Asus CHIV formula
    GPU: 2x 6870
    RAM: Patriot Sector 5 2x4GB
    HDD: Crucial M4 256GB

Can you? On AIR
    Better? -- On AIR

Xtreme Gamer
    They have a point though.....

tabletafteripad.jpg

Same can be seen with smartphones.

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by Toysoldier View Post
    Apple did the exact same thing in this case as in their attempt to block the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
    In the documents they submitted to the Dutch court they made a photoshopped comparison of the iPhone 3G vs Galaxy S.

Apple PhotoShopping the Galaxy S to mimic the iPhone 3G
    WTF? That's low... even for Apple.

Nevermind that this was posted using an '07 MacBook Pro (non-unibody)... I am very happy with my Droid 3, though.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by yaddam205 View Post

tabletafteripad.jpg

Haha yeah anybody who claims Apple isn't innovative is simply blind or a hater. People are always trying to copy their crap - iPod, iPhone, Air, iPad etc. Haters gonna hate and there may be valid reasons to dislike Apple products but facts are facts.

Xtreme Member
    Apple should get banned from this planet
    Don't take life too seriously.....no-one's getting out alive.

Xtreme Enthusiast

tabletafteripad.jpg

I believe 2001: A Space Odyssey had a device similar to the iPad in 1968. I wonder how many Macolytes it took to filter out all the devices that the iPad/iPhone looks like but came before it. I also wonder if the defense lawyers in these cases do much research on earlier devices & depictions of devices in these frivolous cases.

Xtreme Addict
    Hahaha shouldn't you be thanking them for bringing science fiction to life? Blind hate is amusing.

Xtreme Mentor
    Hmm, speaker and camera at the top. Buttons at the bottom and screen in the middle.
    Yup they totally ripped Apple off.

Tbh i dont think anyone will have a problem seeing whats the Samsung and whats the Apple on those pics.

Those 2 phones look like pretty much like every other smarthphone.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Pie assassin
    rotate 90 degrees, remove bumpers and you have something new?
    Current Status - Testing & Research

Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Banning the S2? Damnit all smart phones more or less look the same, what are they doing?! I for myself know why I'm not buying their overhyped and overpriced crap, what's this lawsuit going to do to likeminded people?! Change of opinions like "Oooh no, now we don't have Samsungs offerings anymore, let's buy Apple!"? Hell no. If they get this approved I'd rather buy the S2 on markets where it's still available and have it shipped here.

Xtreme Addict
    I want to hate Apple here, really...... but it really doesn't surprise me.

Korea is famous for knock offs of many brand name things. To say that Samsung would copy something from Apple isn't necessarily that far fetched. Look at Hyundai.... copying the strong points of their competitors' styles. The Genesis looks like a Mercedes from the front, Lexusish from the side, and BMWish from the back...

So to say that Samsung would use the photocopier isn't unrealistic. It wouldn't be the first time a Korean company copied a competitor.

That said, Apple is just getting anxious. Their beloved iPad is on its second revision already and their likely getting ready to release their 3rd. So, in order to make certain that they can maximize profits for as long as possible, they sue Samsung to ensure that maximum sales march through their doors. They know it well that competitors will be taking market share back away from them, and they want to surf this wave for as long as they can. Typical Apple.

Darth Jobs is just trying to hold off the down cycle that always succeeds the up cycle they have been riding.

Attachment 119144
    Regards, Stew.....

- This message brought to you by Frank Lee E. Snutz

Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't know the details but just looking at the Galaxy R it's obviously an iPhone ripoff, at least looks wise. I'm not sure who's right in this one but it must be very annoying to see another company blatantly copy your ideas and make money off of them.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/10/s...nd-asia-nobod/
    how is that a rip off, samsung has made candy bar phones for a long time and they all look like that (back before samsung made large numbers of smartphones.) the galaxy 2 has a large speaker, 4 buttons and dose not share proportions with any apple products. how about something like say the HTC prophet.

tabletafteripad.jpg

your compairing one for home users and one for in field/medical use, that like saying oh a tough boot dont look like a macbook so they are copying apple when pioneer makes a slimline without the protection.

also look at the original HP or the paceblade, HP tablets look like what apple copied but silver, adn placeblade looks like an ipad but it came out almost a decade before and they pioneered multi touch by inventing swipe to change taks/windows, pich to zoom and some others.

then for the smasung or viewsonic (had them that looked like a large candy bar phone well before the ipad) they are making large versions of phones and they are using different dimensions so i dont see how apple has a case other than they dont want to compete and they have a collection of patents that should not have been issued.

we can also look at creative v apple from when the ipod came out.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-20-2011 at 11:45 AM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    If anyone doesn't see the insanity in this... I don't know who will. The truth of the matter is that Apple is afraid of competition and is doing everything they can to kill it. If they didn't think that Samsung was going to be successful then they wouldn't be bothing to sue them.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Good grief - How could it be enforced that phone providers are made to get Samsung phones back from customers?
    Seriously what a pile of rubbish from apple - if this passes then I hope that Nokia sues apple for making a hand held device that makes phone calls.

although this is scandalous I just can't see the EU passing this as law so for the foreseeable future ill carry on hugging my Galaxy S II and telling iphone users how crap their device is compared to mine.

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio[pt] View Post
    Apple should get banned from this planet
    "Haters gonna Hate" LOLz

Say whatever you say about, M$, Apple or whoever but without these companies the world would not be technologically advance... I mean the amount of innovation and technology that Apple has created and discover is amazing putting aside your dislikes and preferences....
    Last edited by davidkozat; 08-20-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast