Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Apple seeks ban on all Galaxy smartphones, tablets in EU

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    I want a galaxy 2 too, but I just got a galaxy 1 like 2 months ago..
    Do it

I upgraded from my S1 to the S2 about 3 weeks ago.

The roms are good and the phone doesnt need a lagfix like the S1 does.
    Main Rig: x6 1090T @ 4228Mhz 1.53v, 3000NB 1.32v | GA-990FXA-UD3 F3b | 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1333 7-8-8 | XFX6950(unlocked) 950/1450 | Corsair AX-850 | X-25m 80GB G2 | 4x Samsung 1TB F3 Raid5 w/ Perc5i | U2311H | NesteQ FanMax 8 | Dimastech Easy Dual V2.5
    Watercooling: EK Supreme HF 'Gold' | EK FC-6970 | DDC 3.2 | MCR320 | MCRes Micro Rev2 | 3x GT 1850 |
    Notebook: Asus UL30VT

And they got their ban for now.

http://www.nu.nl/internet/2597365/re...ii-en-ace.html

Because of the way pictures are browsed through in Android, who would think of that.
    All other claims (model, etc) are rejected.

Samsung claims they gonna change gallery app and keep selling the phones.

Pretty much a loss for Apple, this court-case, the most important things (I think) they lost.
    Last edited by Drikkie; 08-24-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkie View Post
    And they got their ban for now.

http://www.nu.nl/internet/2597365/re...ii-en-ace.html

Because of the way pictures are browsed through in Android, who would think of that.
    All other claims (model, etc) are rejected.

Samsung claims they gonna change gallery app and keep selling the phones.

Pretty much a loss for Apple, this court-case, the most important things (I think) they lost.
    Jupp. The most important case for Apple was the design as well as the launcher.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Well if they lost due to the picture gallery, I really really really hope that Samsung/Motorolla/HTC seek the same ban on all IOS devices once IOS 5 comes out. Hmmm wonder where apple got the idea for that notification bar that drops down from the top..... Either that or apple will patent it, then file another suit in a year or 2. Apple makes hating them so easy.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by yaddam205 View Post
    They have a point though.....

Attachment 119137

Same can be seen with smartphones.
    not true, some tablets that look like an ipad came out before apple launched the ipad...

its true that most of them were INSPIRED by apples designs though, thats true...
    BUT anybody who ever used a samsung smartphone or tablet knows that its distinctively different from apples though...
    apple is only doing this cause they are affraid of losing money...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    not true, some tablets that look like an ipad came out before apple launched the ipad...

its true that most of them were INSPIRED by apples designs though, thats true...
    BUT anybody who ever used a samsung smartphone or tablet knows that its distinctively different from apples though...
    apple is only doing this cause they are affraid of losing money...
    I wonder what the source of Apple's inspiration was?

Attached hereto as Exhibit D is a true and correct copy of a still image taken from Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film "2001: A Space Odyssey." In a clip from that film lasting about one minute, two astronauts are eating and at the same time using personal tablet computers. The clip can be downloaded online at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ8pQVDyaLo. As with the design claimed by the D'889 Patent, the tablet disclosed in the clip has an overall rectangular shape with a dominant display screen, narrow borders, a predominately flat front surface, a flat back surface (which is evident because the tablets are lying flat on the table's surface), and a thin form factor.

Prior art?

Xtreme Member
    News on the battle in English from Ars -
    http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...red+Content%29

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Addict
    There's even a Samsung Tab prototype made in 2006 who look extroardinary similar to the Ipad. ... see a post on first pages there .. ( NB: Ipad have been released in 2010 )..

About the ban .. yes advocate of Samsung look really really glad of the conclusion of this affair (maybe they will even attack back on it )... the incrimination of the gallery photo ( the standard one of Android ) used in the Galaxy S, don't cover the Galaxy Tab app gallery from Samsung, so they will have just to change to this app instead. ( a little software update . )

The most funny is the gallery photo used on the IOS used and patented, is a new version of a update of IOS, i remember all reviewers of the Iphone at this time ( can remember version of IOS ) was underline how it was look similar of the one used in Android since a long time.
    Last edited by Lanek; 08-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Hackintosh Lover
    Between London & Eastbourne, United Kingdom

Sad day for Apple as Steve Jobs Steps Down from CEO....

Sad day for Apple as Steve Jobs Steps Down from CEO....

Steve Jobs has resigned as chief executive of Apple, to be replaced by its chief operating officer, Tim Cook, in a surprise move that may signal that the 56-year-old co-founder of the company is losing his battle with cancer.

The announcement was made at about 4pm Pacific time in a statement from Apple following a letter from Jobs, who said: "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come."

He added: "I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as chairman of the board, director and Apple employee. As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...bs-quits-apple
    Why Not Try a Hackintosh for A Change?? Steps HERE!!
    Want to installing Mountain/Lion from a DVD or USB on you Apple PC?? Steps Here!

Super Stable aKa 24/7

Winners of EURO 08 | World Cup 10 | EURO 12
    Quote: Killin' Tube Kinks One Coil At A Time
    Hackintosh Lover
    "Dumb people" shouldn't use "Smart Phones"

New Personal Wallpapers Selection

Xtreme Addict
    You're joking, right?!
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Xtreme Mentor
    iQuit

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasis View Post
    I will get Galaxy S2 as my first smartphone on Friday

what I can say, just Apple
    Atta boy. Your friends will be like, dude you just got an IPhone! No wait, it's just a chinese replica... prolly from samsung. HAHA.
    2600k @ 5.0Ghz 1.54V, Giga Z68, Zotac GTX680 AMP!, Patriot 1066Mhz 8GB RAM, Custom water, Silverstone 1000W, HAF932

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post
    Atta boy. Your friends will be like, dude you just got an IPhone! No wait, it's just a chinese replica... prolly from samsung. HAHA.
    hoho, apple fanboys will be jealous of replica chinese users since they have amoled, dual CPU, very light weight, open OS, open root etc long list.

let me reverse your comment

iphone is chinese produced and some components are used from samsung. Hyped-up product with marketing of trolls

I didnt know that Apple patented rectangular surface, moon and Stanley Kubricks movie "2001"

I suggest Apple to patent round surface. Oh wait, if the moon is patented so everything round is patented including my balls.
    Last edited by Tomasis; 08-25-2011 at 03:22 AM.
    Vishera 8320@ 5ghz | Gigabyte UD3 | 8gb TridentX 2400 c10| Powercolor 6850 | Thermalight Silver Arrow (bench Super KAZE 3k) | Samsung 830 128gbx2 Raid 0| Fractal case

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadDamage View Post
    Friends like those are ignorant people (I.E. the typical Apple iWhatever fanbase) that dont remain friends for much longer.

As Tomasis said, its funny that 'chinese replicas' actually have better hardware than the iPhone does, plus most other brands of hardware as well as the competing Android platform are fully open source.

Also Apple products are made from the exact same cheap chinese components that you mock other products about, and are also made by Foxconn with their overworked, underpaid and depressed staff.

Apple's products arent any better built or manufactured than the cheapest items out there, in fact with the price premiums that Apple charge on their items and how much of a (false) reputation they carry, I would at least expect everything from them to be made in the US with all the lowest of their workers being paid at least $6 per hour.

The only difference between an Apple product VS whatever else is the OS, which I will Admit that Apple tend to do very well. But OS alone isnt a good enough reason for me to want underspecified hardware which is a year or two out of date.
    Last edited by Mungri; 08-25-2011 at 03:47 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    humm I hope we all understand that Samsung is South Korean... right?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't know the details but just looking at the Galaxy R it's obviously an iPhone ripoff, at least looks wise. I'm not sure who's right in this one but it must be very annoying to see another company blatantly copy your ideas and make money off of them.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/10/s...nd-asia-nobod/
    Well they did it with the PC, they did it with the car, and buildings, and and and... It's not ok to make your own phone that looks similar to another? BS.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234