Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3: New Video

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Welp, that ends the beta for me. I refuse to play operation metro.
    Last edited by iddqd; 09-30-2011 at 06:52 AM.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Administrator
    I mean there is going to me no more maps at all ?

This is a 2 map pony, Metro and the other one ?

Caspian wasn't supposed to be a widespread public demonstration anyhow. There's no reason to get upset over losing something you didn't initially expect and weren't supposed to have in the first place.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

You mean a 1 map pony, Metro and nothing !

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post

It's a free beta that they are using mainly to test server loads and battlelog.

The actual retail game that you pay for though, ships with 10 maps and if you preoder it you get 4 free maps later, so 14 maps in total is pretty damn good, by the way Caspian Border was out of this world, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a map, probably suez canal back in bf2142.

Windows 7 Pro 64
    GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios F13
    Intel i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz 1.3xxv
    TRUE - Scythe S-FLEX 1600 rpm
    G.Skill RipJaws 4x4GB CL9-9-9-24 (DDR3-1600)
    AMD 6950 1GB Unlocked Shaders
    2 x Crucial c300 64GB in raid 0
    2 x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1GB in raid 1
    Corsair HX 750W
    Antec P182

Xtreme Member
    after years of trying to get my friend to switch from the xbox to the pc he saw the pc videos of operation metro and told me to build him a gaming computer. after seeing casbian border video on the computer he is giving more money to build it

An in-depth look at the features and functionality of the free social platform Battlelog. Battlelog will change the way you play, track your stats, and interact with your friends in Battlefield 3.

Windows 7 Pro 64
    GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios F13
    Corsair HX 750W
    Antec P182

Xtreme Cruncher
    is anyone else having issues logging into Origin? I can't login or create a new account. everything seems to be "unavailable"
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

Xtreme Mentor
    We are restarting the Xbox 360 Servers first, following PlayStation 3 and also PC to follow.
    We´re terribly sorry for the inconvenience
    Nice to see PC on the last position

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
    An in-depth look at the features and functionality of the free social platform Battlelog. Battlelog will change the way you play, track your stats, and interact with your friends in Battlefield 3.

1316298839249.jpg

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivon View Post
    Nice to see PC on the last position
    Yes, because it is a PC-first game

Xtreme Member
    It's a free beta that they are using mainly to test server loads and battlelog.

The actual retail game that you pay for though, ships with 10 maps and if you preoder it you get 4 free maps later, so 14 maps in total is pretty damn good, by the way Caspian Border was out of this world, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a map, probably suez canal back in bf2142.
    -loved that map put most of my 750 hrs there.
    MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||CM932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
    3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] || VL4N||MR||2xfan controllers || 9 x S-Flex F -[rads]
    8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||2x120gb G2 R0 OS||2x150Vraptors R0-backup|| G15,G13||G9x
    PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub [very clean sound].+sens PC360

I am Xtreme
    Beta was running pretty ok for me for last couple days but all the sudden it won't join a server, says loading and then initalizing and then just goes away and does nothing?? I can get past the little bugs no biggie, but not being able to join a server and then not being able to bind to the mouse ect. is just silly........they will get it fixed though I'm sure. There is quite alot I do like about it as well so not hatin just sayin.
    AsRock P67 Extreme4
    2500K@4.8 1.37v 24/7 EK supreme HF
    8Gb G-skill RipjawsX 1866/Cas8
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    Creative XFI titanium
    Corsair TX 850 PSU
    G-skill SSD,Boot/games
    W-D Black, storage
    Coolermaster HAF/X
    Acer 27in. 120hz

"I eat motherboards"
    PC users are going to pay for this abortion throw out by EA?
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonDTM View Post
    Troll much...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by wez View Post
    Runs smooth on Ultra (whatever that equals to atm) at 1920x1200 with two 6950@6970 and a 1090t @ 4.2ghz. Nice to see good load on all CPU cores as well
    A good load on all six CPU cores? YIPPEE! (This is the only time I will ever say or type yippee for the foreseeable future)
    Core i7 2600K@4.6Ghz| 16GB G.Skill@2133Mhz 9-11-10-28-38 1.65v| ASUS P8Z77-V PRO | Corsair 750i PSU | ASUS GTX 980 OC | Xonar DSX | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB |A bunch of HDDs and terabytes | Oculus Rift w/ touch | ASUS 24" 144Hz G-sync monitor

Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hail fellow warrior albeit a surat Mercenary. I Hail to you from the Clans, Ghost Bear that is (Yes freebirth we still do and shall always view mercenaries with great disdain!) I have long been an honorable warrior of the mighty Warden Clan Ghost Bear the honorable Bekker surname. I salute your tenacity to show your freebirth sibkin their ignorance!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonDTM View Post
    please, enlighten us.

"I eat motherboards"
    Wasn't trolling, new generation combat FPS suck pretty hard... Now if it could live up to the awesomeness known as Desert Combat, then maybe I'll give it a look. I hate how people ride a beta like it's the greatest thing ever.
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

I am Xtreme
    Holy crap.. dice totaly ed up the squad system... confirmed that you will have no option to change to a specific squad in game.. srsly whats wrong with dice... they had a proven and working squad system in the last view battlefield games.. they throw it out try to replace it with sam social crap (aka battleblog) and utterly fail... WTH....

Caspian gave me hope... but this is ridiculous...

Xtreme Addict

*snip*
    ok, do i get this right that even the singleplayer campaign is started from battlelog? wow, so when ea has problems with battlelog or when battlelog for bf3 is shut down one day i won't be able to play the singleplayer anymore?

other than that, i actually like battleblog and how i join servers. i mean, in bf2 or bc2 i always played on my favorite servers. most of the time these were full and i had to wait for one slot to become free. so i always sat infront of the effing server browser for like 5-10 mins. now with battlelog, it's way easier to check if the server is full - just continue surfing the web and leave the battlelog tab open so you can have an eye on your favorite server and join at the right time.

about the beta itself:
    well, the map metro sux balls. unfortunately, i had no chance to play caspian border and now it looks EA/DICE shut down servers with this map. too bad and in general, i don't know. the game feels weird. i really thought it would be impossible to cripple the clumsy movement and feel of the bf games even more, but it looks like bf3 just did exactly that. additionately, spotting an enemy is like searching a needle in a haystack - most of the time when i get killed i don't have the slightest of an idea where that killer came from...
    and what about the squad system? well, you can't even call this pos "squad system" - disappoinment for sure regarding this one.

grmpf, dunno what to think about bf3. from what i've seen so far in trailers etc i thought the beta would blow me away, but the only thing i can say about 2 hours of playing is "meh ". i get the feeling that the player of the game loses control of anything in the game more and more. the older the game, the more you could tweak and control (e.g. squads, settings etc.). now you just click "join" and for almost everything else it's sink or swim.
    Last edited by RaZz!; 10-01-2011 at 04:25 AM.
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

I am Xtreme
    Well they call that "stream lining" or how DICE calls it "lowering the threshold" normal people call it dumping down...

If they would design supermario today you would get infinit lives and checkpoints every second screen...

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    ok, do i get this right that even the singleplayer campaign is started from battlelog? wow, so when ea has problems with battlelog or when battlelog for bf3 is shut down one day i won't be able to play the singleplayer anymore?

other than that, i actually like battleblog and how i join servers. i mean, in bf2 or bc2 i always played on my favorite servers. most of the time these were full and i had to wait for one slot to become free. so i always sat infront of the effing server browser for like 5-10 mins. now with battlelog, it's way easier to check if the server is full - just continue surfing the web and leave the battlelog tab open so you can have an eye on your favorite server and join at the right time.

about the beta itself:
    well, the map metro sux balls. unfortunately, i had no chance to play caspian border and now it looks EA/DICE shut down servers with this map. too bad and in general, i don't know. the game feels weird. i really thought it would be impossible to cripple the clumsy movement and feel of the bf games even more, but it looks like bf3 just did exactly that. additionately, spotting an enemy is like searching a needle in a haystack - most of the time when i get killed i don't have the slightest of an idea where that killer came from...
    and what about the squad system? well, you can't even call this pos "squad system" - disappoinment for sure regarding this one.

grmpf, dunno what to think about bf3. from what i've seen so far in trailers etc i thought the beta would blow me away, but the only thing i can say about 2 hours of playing is "meh ". i get the feeling that the player of the game loses control of anything in the game more and more. the older the game, the more you could tweak and control (e.g. squads, settings etc.). now you just click "join" and for almost everything else it's sink or swim.
    You make a very good point about battlelog, one I hadn't really thought of, it is indeed nice to surf the web or whatever instead of wasting time ingame, that's huge plus for battlelog and on release you will be able to queue for your favourite server from the web, so you won't even have to check that's huge imo. Obv you can give the server link out in im messages too or on a forum.
    In some respects you are right about clumsy movement, especially trying to jump through windows or over weird obstacles, in some cases on metro though it's simply some bug slowing down the ground or glitching, also trees sometimes turn into invisible obstacles that can be hard to get past, again mainly bugs, but now you can strafe left or right while running, that's huge for bf.
    Again about the squad system, it's totally fine, it's simply not been added to the beta, in retail you will experience normal squad joining voip etc.
    New things change etc takes time, I played the alpha so I'm destroying ppl only still getting used to the game.
    Also realise this is a map, Caspian Border is a true battlefield map, and it was totally mind blowing for me, obviously it's very different. for a start there is almost every vehicle, jets and helicopters, giant masts you can climb up and snipe or us anti air missles from and a large sprawling map, flag placement is quite good too.

Windows 7 Pro 64
    GA-Z77X-UD3H Bios F13
    Corsair HX 750W
    Antec P182

I am Xtreme
    Or you know they could create a decent ingame/outofgame server browser... Look at steam I can join any valve game(or game that uses steam works) form out the game (automatically with autojoin) or in game. It slim, its fast only offers the necessary option without any gimicks.

I already have to use origin... so why EA doesn't have set up a serverbrowser infrastructure with it, they could use that for all upcoming games...

Instead I have to start origin, start a browser, run a browser pluging to finally start the game.. thats just a fail in my book...
    Yes the old server browsers in BF where crap, but that doesn't mean the have to make it even worse when there are good systems out there. If they would have copyed valves system I would have been satisfied. Instead we get that abomination called battleblog...

Xtreme Member
    Operation metro is awful, but I didnt get chance to play Caspian border
    Don't worry guys, i'm s**t at games but I have 500fps!
    Intel 4670K @ testing
    Corsair H100i
    MSI Z87-G43
    8GB Corsair 1866 CL9
    XFX 7950
    Samsung 830 256GB SSD
    Corsair Vengeance C70 Case
    Tagan 480w PSU

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZz! View Post
    additionately, spotting an enemy is like searching a needle in a haystack - most of the time when i get killed i don't have the slightest of an idea where that killer came from...
    Well I thought this was just me as I am a total noob at these types of games. But yeah I find it very hard to even find the enemy to shoot and pretty much don't even know what hit me half the time. Been spawn camped often also.

There is an orange marker thing over enemy which is pretty hard to see for me. I guess I should hit Q to spot enemy ?
    But I see many that do not have the marker and just jumping around in the shadows or something. Hard to hit them but I shoot em anyway LOL.

I am slowly learning whats going on but without a online manual or something I can refer to I find learning what I should be doing pretty slow going.

Battlelog doesn't bother me much and I find it pretty simple to use. Seems a few games are going this route like D3 requiring internet connection in order to play it so this might be the way things are going to be for a lot of games. This doesn't really bother me all that much as a lot of games I play are online games so no internet no game, this doesn't happen much to me tho. and when it does I have plenty of other things I can do.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast