Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3: New Video

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    DICE isn't EA. There has been no evidence that they "often cheat" like you claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullface View Post
    EA "cheats", Dice dosent...
    http://kotaku.com/204605/ea-buys-dice

Yes, EA is the same as DICE right now. The same crap.
    Among the big studios, DICE are the worst with no doubt. They just can't get anything done right.
    Too many bugs and many of them are game-breakers, and never get solved.

Xtreme Member
    I have lost all interest in the game because of:
    - Origin malware and social network stupidity.
    - Blatantly dumbing down of gameplay and vehicles.
    - Illegal regional price fixing, EA Origin has a monopoly on digital sales in my region so EA increase the price to $80.

I would probably willingly put up with one of the three issues but three huge annoyances? I'm not willing to pay money to be annoyed by stupid crap, I don't think I would even bother if it were free at this stage.

Xtreme Member
    Interesting results given that the drivers were stated to have a performance increase. EDIT: Ok so i guess 6% is an increase...

Hopefully the new drivers from nvidia that come out today or tomorrow will bring a more noticeable performance increase.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardmech View Post
    I have lost all interest in the game because of:
    - Origin malware and social network stupidity.
    - Blatantly dumbing down of gameplay and vehicles.
    - Illegal regional price fixing, EA Origin has a monopoly on digital sales in my region so EA increase the price to $80.

I would probably willingly put up with one of the three issues but three huge annoyances? I'm not willing to pay money to be annoyed by stupid crap, I don't think I would even bother if it were free at this stage.
    Vehicles are not dumbed down, they operate more like BF2 although not exactly. Also after the community push to change the vehicle dynamics more, I am thinking Dice probably tweeked them some more.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IcY18 View Post
    Vehicles are not dumbed down, they operate more like BF2 although not exactly. Also after the community push to change the vehicle dynamics more, I am thinking Dice probably tweeked them some more.
    I haven't seen anything to suggest they fixed them, helicopters still magically fall out of the sky if they pitch or bank anywhere near 90 degrees and jets appear to be flying at less than half the speed of the BF2 jets. I don't understand why they couldn't just keep it closer to BF2, players were obviously fairly happy with the physics.

Xtreme Addict
    Anyone else get the e-mail from who ever a-hole at EA?

Release is the 25th. I just get an e-mail saying the release date has changed to the 24th. So I log in, and it does it check to tell me... you have been played! Release date still the 25th.

Jerks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

of the Strawhat crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post

Release is the 25th. I just get an e-mail saying the release date has changed to the 24th. So I log in, and it does it check to tell me... you have been played! Release date still the 25th.

Jerks.
    Nope, can't say that I did.... but it just let me login to Battlelog just now even though a few hours ago I couldn't.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Addict
    I bet that on the 28th the game will be on Steam. Meanwhile, have a nice...game guys
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

of the Strawhat crew.

Jerks.
    Ah I see.. I just got that email. Reread it. It says that the DLC that you got with the pre-order is being released on the 24th I believe. Which... means nothing really. Not sure why they're send that out unless it was an error or has something to do with Battlelog coming online.

Dear [Name],

Thank you for ordering on Origin. The release date for the preorder product has changed. The product listed below will now be available on October 24, 2011.
    Your Order

Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx
    Order Date: October 1, 2011
    Product ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Pre-order Promotion - Physical Warfare Pack

Edit: I forgot to update this when I got it but I eventually got an e-mail telling me that BF3 limited edition was also going to be released on the 24th but it seems that is false. boooooo
    Last edited by Gamekiller; 10-24-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    Ah I see.. I just got that email. Reread it. It says that the DLC that you got with the pre-order is being released on the 24th I believe. Which... means nothing really. Not sure why they're send that out unless it was an error or has something to do with Battlelog coming online.

Edit: I forgot to update this when I got it but I eventually got an e-mail telling me that BF3 limited edition was also going to be released on the 24th but it seems that is false. boooooo
    Your Order
    Order Date: October 22, 2011
    Product ID: xxxxxxxxxx
    Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

of the Strawhat crew.
    Your Order
    Order Date: October 22, 2011
    Product ID: xxxxxxxxxx
    Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition
    Yeah, see the edit in my post that you quoted. I finally got that same email. Sorry for the confusion.

Anyways, they changed the release time. It is now 11:00 PM CST.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZero.it View Post
    I bet that on the 28th the game will be on Steam. Meanwhile, have a nice...game guys
    And EA will price it like solid gold but anyway

Xtreme Addict
    Prepare for a letdown guys. Especially if you want to play 64player Conquest. (I can't find a map that I enjoy yet. )

The port runs deep in this game. 24-32player style maps just increased to 64. I thought the leaked Metro 64CQ was a joke, but that is how DICE designed it.

Then people said the chat box was a placeholder in the beta, well it is now worse in the final game.

Does anyone know how to view the server settings when picking a custom server? I thought that using a webpage as a browser would have easily allowed for such a feature.

Sorry for the rant. But I was expecting more from BF3.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    You should've known. This is a DICE game. What you see in their betas is close to what you'll get. They release products before they are 100 percent ready knowing that they will have to patch the game anyway (balancing etc).

Betafield is Betafield. 'nuff said.

That's why with DICE it's even more beneficial if you wait a couple of months before you get the game.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

I am Xtreme
    Prepare for a letdown guys. Especially if you want to play 64player Conquest. (I can't find a map that I enjoy yet. )

The port runs deep in this game. 24-32player style maps just increased to 64. I thought the leaked Metro 64CQ was a joke, but that is how DICE designed it.

Then people said the chat box was a placeholder in the beta, well it is now worse in the final game.

Does anyone know how to view the server settings when picking a custom server? I thought that using a webpage as a browser would have easily allowed for such a feature.

It was pretty much clear since you heard there will be no commo rose (only added afterwards) that the game is console centric... even when they taunted its for "PC first" all gameplay mechanics are tuned for consoles. You see it with the map layout, vehicels, etc.

Xtreme Addict
    So?How is the Beta\Retail game?
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    Basic parts of the Retail game are more polished imo. I haven't jumped into vehicles yet so can't give any feedback there. All the labels for things (squad mates, teammates, vehicles, dead people, etc) are much more clear/intuitive.

Spotting is most improved, you can't randomly spot and if someone is behind a wall you won't see there "Shoot Here Sign" which i believe drastically changes the game play for the better.

Mouse speed for some reason is changed from the beta...adjustments are necessary for me.

Xtreme Addict
    So?How is the Beta\Retail game?
    Laughable.

The CommRose does not even have need ammo or need a medic commands. The rest plays like the beta.

I also get so confused trying to use that neon blue finger paint drawing that they call a mini-map.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Addict
    Laughable.

The CommRose does not even have need ammo or need a medic commands. The rest plays like the beta.

I also get so confused trying to use that neon blue finger paint drawing that they call a mini-map.
    for what it's worth, you're not alone. I notice these things too. it feels like we're alone sometimes on this, but I know there are those of us who are paying attention.

the game is broken if the chatting sucks. it is a multiplayer game, you have to be able to communicate well. the game is also broken if the gui like the radar or the popup menu is bad. the game is also broken if you can't filter servers well. the fact is these features are unique to PC and they are lacking in this game because the PC version is the afterthought. sorry to break anyone's bubble, but.

Xtreme Member
    Need a commander and the ammo, medic and squad commands in commorose.

Xtreme Addict
    Laughable.

What about performance? Same fps as beta?

And I don't get why ppl miss commander, I have like 500hrs in BF2 and in my experience 1 in a 100 commanders acctualy did a decent job at being the commander, the 99 others just dropped supplys and scans for them selves and didnt give a about the team.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil_Dog View Post
    Need a commander and the ammo, medic and squad commands in commorose.
    This is bad. Thought they would change it in the "retail" game. I don't know why DICE goes on changing everything anytime also with that things working really good.

I am Xtreme
    You really think they would have added a commo rose like in other bf parts?

its a last second hack job...

Xtreme Member
    This is bad. Thought they would change it in the "retail" game. I don't know why DICE goes on changing everything anytime also with that things working really good.
    Ugg Comm Rose is one of the things that makes the difference between bf and bc. Ugg no ammo or medic calls? seriously? That's just stupid. And I also miss commander... I know that it was broken in some ways, but with some creative thinking they could have been fixed.

I personally wish they implemented a $$ system. When the commander gives orders and the squads perform them the team gets $$ which the squad leaders and commanders can use to buy upgrades... like buying an APC to spawn or buying an APC up to a tank... or dropping supplies... these would all be options that can be rewarded for teamwork.
    i5 4690k @ stock on Apogee GTX
    MB ????
    RAM ???
    HD6970 on mcw60
    PA120.3
    Custom Built Case

My Blog:
    http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Locke

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast