Thread: IDF 2011 - Registration code and more

IDF 2011 - Registration code and more

Get a taste of IDF. Check out the video from IDF 2010.

Intel Developer Forum
    Moscone Center West
    San Francisco, California USA
    September 13–15, 2011
    Use the codes below to take advantage of low Early Bird rates and save big when you register:
    • $1,395 Full Conference Pass for IDF alumni, use promo code ALMEML7
    • $1,595 Full Conference Pass for new attendees, use promo code ATTEML7

At IDF you will find over 150 Technical Sessions, including:
    • Hands-on labs
    • Q&A with Intel experts
    • Lecture sessions and Panels
    • Technology Insights and Industry Insights

See everything IDF 2011 has to offer:

Explore the Tracks »
    Technical Session Catalog »
    Explore IDF »

Get the latest on three critical industry trends:
    • Cloud Computing and the next-generation Data Center – Intel’s technology and vision for cloud computing will be on full display with dozens of cloud computing and data center Technical Sessions, Poster Chats, and a Technology Insight session.
    • Security – Stay well ahead of the curve on the latest security innovations during the Security-related Technical Sessions, Panels, Hot Topic Q&A, and the CISO Industry Insight.
    • Mobile Computing – At IDF attendees will be surrounded by mobile. There will be sessions on the
    Intel® Core™ and Intel® Atom™ family of processors, netbooks, and Ultrabooks™. Mobile will also be the focus of the keynote from Intel’s Mooly Eden on Wed, September 14, 2011.

The Keynotes You Can’t Miss
    • Paul Otellini, Intel CEO, shares Intel’s vision and direction with “The Evolution of Computing: Looking Ahead”.
    • Mooly Eden, General Manager, PC Client Group, discusses Intel’s PC strategy to deliver outstanding user experiences any time, any place in “The PC Transformation”.
    • Justin Rattner, Chief Technology Officer of Intel, provides a sneak peek into Intel’s future technology development in “The Future: Accelerated”.

Expert brains and a chance to pick them

At IDF you can run into some of the best Intel developers and engineers, but why leave it to chance? Here are two ways to connect with the right people:
    • Office Hours – (New for 2011) This is your chance to schedule a one-on-one conversation with an Intel expert.
    • Poster Chats – These informal discussions are a great place to see summaries of new technologies, interact with Intel engineers and get answers to all your questions.

Special IDF hotel rates expire soon

Due to overwhelming demand, hotels may sell out quickly. Register for IDF today and reserve your accommodations before these special IDF rates expire on Friday, August 25, 2011.

It’s not all work at IDF

Stay tuned for some exciting news about the not-so-serious side of IDF. We do know how to have fun.

Remember, this is your chance to get in on Early Bird rates. Register now and save big on admission
    to IDF.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Guru
    Awesome, love IDF! I hope they live stream the sessions this year!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

i wish that i could go to idf but that $1400 is alot of money when u want to go as an enthusiast.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i wish that i could go to idf but that $1400 is alot of money when u want to go as an enthusiast.
    Don't bother going as an enthusiast, I've been to IDF before and it's mostly geared towards developers and engineers. Go to CES or something instead.
    oh man

Xtreme Addict
    Don't bother going as an enthusiast, I've been to IDF before and it's mostly geared towards developers and engineers. Go to CES or something instead.
    oh man

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmage View Post
    i got to go a few years ago for free as a student and while i did not get into any of the lectures or keynotes, it was cool to talk with the reps and some people who were in hardware companies. i went to a few of the MS dev and admin things and that was great too for the people there and the free stuff from reps.

but your right as an enthusiest u would be board and u can watch all the material online anyways, so its more vaction/networking that u pay for.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Guru
    can press get a free pass?
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme X.I.P.
    that plus press... the press content is kinda like watching hypnotoad in an imax cinema with some tv channel in the background trying to sell you a 500$ frying pan with nasa technology in it ^^

was cool talking to engineers, but they are usually on really tight schedules...

Xtreme Member
    IDF is a great conference for those in the industry, I have gone the past 3 years with my company.
    You can talk technology with Intel engineers and other exhibitor companies, as well as get a feel for whats in the pipeline..

Definitely geared toward industry engineers, but if you know the stuff in depth you can pick up on some great information.
    They have decent food and tons of booths to look at (and giveaways- last year I got an Intel 160GB G2 SSD).

i got to go a few years ago for free as a student and while i did not get into any of the lectures or keynotes, it was cool to talk with the reps and some people who were in hardware companies. i went to a few of the MS dev and admin things and that was great too for the people there and the free stuff from reps.

but your right as an enthusiest u would be board and u can watch all the material online anyways, so its more vaction/networking that u pay for.
    They usually come out with a free educational pass code at some point..
    I don't think they really care if you go into the lectures or keynotes with that free pass either.
    Last edited by zads; 08-29-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    "Red Dwarf", SFF gaming PC
    Winner of the ASUS Xtreme Design Competition
    Sponsors...ASUS, Swiftech, Intel, Samsung, G.Skill, Antec, Razer
    Hardware..[Maximus III GENE, Core i7-860 @ 4.1Ghz, 4GB DDR3-2200, HD5870, 256GB SSD]
    Water.......[Apogee XT CPU, MCW60-R2 GPU, 2x 240mm radiators, MCP350 pump]

Xtreme Member
    Oh, and last year at the evening IDF party, the band Maroon 5 played a set of songs to their most male audience ever (probably 97% male) lol
    Hardware..[Maximus III GENE, Core i7-860 @ 4.1Ghz, 4GB DDR3-2200, HD5870, 256GB SSD]

Xtreme Guru
    dude i would kill to go, i always end up listening to their audio tracks and looking at the pdfs from the show. I usually spend a week sifting through all of it afterward, if not longer!

I will make CES this year, but IDF is on my list for the following year
    Last edited by Computurd; 08-29-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Xtreme Member
    Anyone else here going this week?
    There's free online registration if you're in the area during the day with code DCPACN1