Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAGE to use Steamworks, BF 3 Will Require Origin

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I was really looking forward to BF3 but I won't install origin to play it. And yes I was in the alpha so I have an idea how it works. 2 plugins hijacking my browsers, some other non sense running in the background, the layout looked terrible and had few features of interest. Yes it's beta but still... I remember how bad the EA downloader was and the non existent support that went along with it. It was nice to see my old BF games ready for download though. I think EA has greatly diminished game quality over the last 5 years for profit. They build a ton of hype with information and trailers then shovel out crappy games that aren't even finished, some they NEVER even bother to patch, case in point "Alice Madness Returns". When Steam first came out I rebelled against it, now I think its great. As for EA, I get this bad feeling in the back of my head that Origin will never be anything good and I'm not too keen on having multiple DD systems running on my puter.
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Xtreme Music
    EVGA GTX 470
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    2X128GB Samsung 830's
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Xtreme Member
    i think a lot of people got the impression that RAGE will employ UBI's always on drm after Tim Willits made those comments, and Besthesda had to clear that up
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Im forced to use origin for BF3 whether is requiered to play or not.
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by PaganII View Post
    I love Steam, only go online for multiplayer games, does not start with windows if you tell it not to. "Offline Mode"
    But... a friend of mine lives out in the boonies. He doesn't play multiplayer and his dialup can't even handle the Steam updates much less a constant connection. He gets dropped a dozen times before a Steam update can finish. It less trouble to drive into town and rent a motel room with broadband once a year to update his computer and no, dialup is all that is available where he lives. So a constant connection is impossible. The Offline Mode works for him so he can still play singleplayer games.
    Does he have a cell phone? If he can get cell siganls then he can get a cell based internet connection. Yes they can be expensive making them less than ideal.. if he has line of site to someone with high speed he can also get a radio frequency setup, either from an ISP that does it or set it up himself.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Enthusiast
    STEvil -It's the boonies! The only line of site is trees, there are no other ISPs. Yes he tried cell internet but was unreliable and then they changed the rules to charge for over 5Gb per month...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12