172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Right ?

65 37.79%
  • Wrong ?

45 26.16%
  • What's FB ?

62 36.05%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: remember remember the 5th of november,Anonymous claims Facebook to go down November5

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What's great is I have 4 web e-mail accounts, a Myspace, a Facebook acct, and well over a dozen usernames on forums such as this. Yet, when you search for my name online, you can't find me through anything like Pipl or MyLife. It's like I don't exist online.

It all depends on how you present yourself and your information online. And, it's hard to hit a moving target.

Let FB 404 for a day, get people in a tizzy over something else. The next distraction from fabricated drama. I just wish they'd do something to drastically improve society like wipe the Farmville servers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20110701_2704.png 
Views:	838 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	118981

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by 7he ]-[0rr0r View Post
    Exactly, man it baffles me how anyone can see Facebook as an innocuous communication tool. That its just the honey in the trap. They are out to get and sell your data and sell space in your eyeballs to advertisers. I find it strange that so many trust our data to be stored else where (guilty myself though). It would be nice to have our "facebook" page could be more like a locally hosted web page. .....moooooooore ip's.
    So how many people here have ever been compromised or had their personal information stolen or hacked due to facebook?

Xtreme Mentor
    I won't take them seriously until they finish their quest to bring down Scientology.

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    So how many people here have ever been compromised or had their personal information stolen or hacked due to facebook?
    Can you prove that Facebook, has not already sold copies of your private information to advertisers or the US government?
    and regardless is every single one.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Xtreme X.I.P.
    what do they plan to achieve? i dont get it...
    hacking it and getting prove of them doing something wrong, cool... go for it...
    but hows bringing them down going to change anything?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    bringing down facebook for a day or two is going to be about as effective as the "gas out" days
    i7 2600k, 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3, GTX560 Ti, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4, CM Cosmos 1000 Case, and some green crap everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr0s View Post
    So you're saying I could use my own pee as coolant?

Quote Originally Posted by defect9 View Post
    bringing down facebook for a day or two is going to be about as effective as the "gas out" days
    Except they aren't going to bring the site down. I don't care how many script kiddies they have trying a DDOS attack, it isn't going to happen. facebook is one of the highest traffic sites on the web. A site like that has entire data centers just sitting there for DR purposes. I still say that if anonymous can even take down the site for 5 minutes while the backup Datacenter comes online I will be very VERY surprised. I almost never use FB, but I'll be sure to post some LOL's on NOV 5 to laugh at the fail.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you know that they don't need ddos or such other methods, but if they have access to dns servers then they can achieve the same things.
    Gaming: SaberThooth X79,3930k,Asus6970DCII_Xfire,32gb,120OCZV3MaxIOPS, ThermaTake Chaser MK1
    HTPC:AMD630,ATI5750,4gb,3TB,ThermalTake DH103
    Server: E4500,4GB,5TB
    Netbook: Dell Vostro 1440

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nn_step View Post
    Can you prove that Facebook, has not already sold copies of your private information to advertisers or the US government?
    and regardless is every single one.
    So what?
    Who doesn't these days?
    Why do I get advertisement calls on my cell phone if the only places I EVER gave out that number is my college and for my driver's license?
    Exactly, everyone gives out your private information and honestly I am past the point of caring, quick call to Verizon and the pesky advertisements stop.....
    Gigabyte z68 UD3
    2600k @ stock
    8Gb G Skill
    2x eVGA GTX 680 @ stock
    Intel 320 80Gb
    Intel 320 120Gb x2
    Intel 320 160Gb x2

YouTube Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolslave View Post
    So what?
    Who doesn't these days?
    Why do I get advertisement calls on my cell phone if the only places I EVER gave out that number is my college and for my driver's license?
    Exactly, everyone gives out your private information and honestly I am past the point of caring, quick call to Verizon and the pesky advertisements stop.....
    Since you asked, instead of google for searching: try http://duckduckgo.com/ who has an official policy that says "DuckDuckGo does not collect or share personal information"
    I highly doubt that this forum is data mining our posts and thus we do have a measure of privacy.
    The honest truth is that privacy is always available if you search for it.
    Fast computers breed slow, lazy programmers
    The price of reliability is the pursuit of the utmost simplicity. It is a price which the very rich find most hard to pay.
    http://www.lighterra.com/papers/modernmicroprocessors/
    Modern Ram, makes an old overclocker miss BH-5 and the fun it was

Quote Originally Posted by gillll View Post
    you know that they don't need ddos or such other methods, but if they have access to dns servers then they can achieve the same things.
    Yes, because access to DNS servers is much easier than a DDOS attack, and we all know how sophisticated the anonymous attacks have been so far..... They have only attacked sites with simple attacks or known vulnerabilities that weren't patched. Guess we'll see on november 5th, but even if I did use FB, I wouldn't be worried.

NooB MOD
    I'm bumping this just to laugh at it
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Wait until 12.01AM, November 6th in Samoa before you laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    I'm bumping this just to laugh at it
    Lets not give up hope.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    These guys seem to be all bark, no bite. All I hear about them these days are claims of things they are going to do.

They are acting like children. If they're going to do it... then just F'ing do it. No need to boast about what you're going to do. Just do it, keep quiet and stand on your laurels. This is the behavior of children. It's similar to boasting about a purchase you plan to make in the future. Hell. Boasting at all is childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme Addict
    read on brazilian news that the attack was never threatened by the whole group itself but by a rogue member who they now have disclosed his identity. they say they would never hack fb as it is one of their tools to publish their 'message'. go figure...
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech0z View Post
    Stock markets will grow 5% because of increased productivity on the 5. november
    Win. And very true!
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    This was never an anon operation. Why in hell did anyone on this site take this seriously? You guys follow the most bs sometimes. This forums has been 100%hacked wrong on everything anon. Ffs get on twitter and see what the real operations are and that they win pretty much everytime. Occupy movement is now a global thing. Opcartel another win. Opdarknet exposing all pedophiles on the darknet another battle that has weekly wins. A little fyi anon doesn't dos anymore. And never really did. The ones in the past were just hivemind bots controlled by Sabu.
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

I am Xtreme
    did these guys get the names of a bunch of child :banana::banana::banana::banana: viewers and post them publicly, i think that is pretty good of them, beucase the authorities are bound by law to investigate every one.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris999 View Post
    This was never an anon operation. Why in hell did anyone on this site take this seriously? You guys follow the most bs sometimes. This forums has been 100%hacked wrong on everything anon. Ffs get on twitter and see what the real operations are and that they win pretty much everytime. Occupy movement is now a global thing. Opcartel another win. Opdarknet exposing all pedophiles on the darknet another battle that has weekly wins. A little fyi anon doesn't dos anymore. And never really did. The ones in the past were just hivemind bots controlled by Sabu.
    Woah calm down their buddy, as far as I know no one took this seriously .
    CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 Ghz
    Memory: 2x4gb Kingston HyperX @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Sapphire 6950 Toxic on BenQ XL2420TE
    Board: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    Power: Corsair AX850W (70A)

HEATware
    Currently playing: Planetside 2, Dead Space 3, Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by osiris999 View Post
    How Opcartel a win? They wanted to do it, called it off, then called it back on? And now they are not screwing with a government but with organization that will kill their members that it finds and laugh about it. It's hardly a win.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    How Opcartel a win? They wanted to do it, called it off, then called it back on? And now they are not screwing with a government but with organization that will kill their members that it finds and laugh about it. It's hardly a win.
    My understanding is that Opcartel was initiated in response to the kidnapping of an anon member (or anon friend) by the cartel. Apparently, the kidnapped person was released - so you could certainly call it a win.

If the objective of Opcartel was something other than getting their friend back, then yeah, maybe not a win. But I seriously doubt anon's objective in going after the zetas was to fight crime.

Xtreme Member
    Never ever used F.B. so it doesn't really affect me one way or the other. It is now the 6th over here in AUS and F.B. still isn't down ??? As I have had fun emailing and paying Anti-sec out numerous times, they aren't there for 'the people', they are selfish, idealistic idiots who hurt the common and innocent person and usually have the people they try to attack laughing at their bullheadedness. They can flood an IP or set of IP's that are always meant to be on, which may be annoying to some. More like 'annoyingness' rather than anonymous. The one thing those self-proclaimed masters of the universe can't control is my hand around the power plug of my PC. Anonymous prey on holes in systems. If they had any talent, they'd actually challenge themselves and do proper hacking 'just because they could' and not 'for a cause'. That is terrorism and espionage. The amount of traffic that is already on F.B. is massive, more so than even Google, so I doubt distributing a simple program and getting heaps of people to double click on it and run it in the background, then claiming l33t h4xx0r skills will actually do damned thing. Then they advertise all over the web, giving government agencies as much of a chance as possible to join with F.B. to not only 1) put up a really good defense against their fruitless 'operation' but also 2) to give them a good measure of time and organization in being able to track down any of the felons that may be involved. Attention-hoes is what Anon, Anti-sec and all related are. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by SabreWulf69; 11-05-2011 at 11:05 PM.

Add me on Facebook
    -=<#*!! 5OUnD PHr33K !!*#>=-

Xtreme Member
    you really dont get it do you. nobody said they were gonna hack or dos facebook. theres many fake operations that is just one of the many. facebook and twitter are the best tools for anonymous along with all other media. they will never be attacked. as far as hacking what would you call going into the darknet breaking through tor shutting down 40 of the biggest child :banana::banana::banana::banana: websites on the net. then hacking the very servers they are hosted on. not sqi injection. finding out all the info of these pedos and releasing it. do you know that those servers are still infected so now the fbi pretty much has all the access they need to find these people. do you even know about tor or the darknet. talking about a place where you can buy any drug you want and have it shipped to your door. you can hire hitmen. you can also watch infants be killed and raped. the fbi knows about all of this and hasnt been able to stop it one bit so id say getting private data off one of the most advanced anonymous networks is a little better than a skrip kiddie. also most of your post is talking about lulzsec not anonymous. two different groups with different goals.
    asrock z77 extreme6
    G.SKILL Sniper F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR
    asus 5870
    wd 1tb black
    Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast