Thread: [Review] Xigmatek Super-Tower Elysium in Cartago´s Review

Xtreme Member

[Review] Xigmatek Super-Tower Elysium in Cartago´s Review

Xigmatek Super-Tower Elysium in Cartago´s Review.

Elysium, Meanings:

1. Greek mythology: A Place, where ancient heroes stay, who have done extraordinary things, without suffering death; "place of the blessed"
    2. 2. Astronomy: an area on the planet Mars

With his new Super Tower Elysium Xigmatek put forth a case for all the users who really need lots of space and set a great value on good cooling properties. Also, users of the water sector should fully get their money. Whether all this is true, I'll try to prove for you today.

Delivery:

• Xigmatek Elysium Black in Retail Packaking
    • Mountingmaterial incl. Screws and Thumbscrews
    • cable ties
    • Rolls for the Case
    • coloured, multilanguage Manual

Features:

Support HPTX super big M/B and 10 PCI slots for four graphic cards.

Hot-swappable 2.5/3.5” SATA HDD docking on top panel.

Two USB3.0 super-speed ports on top panel with dust-proof cover.

Both side screw-less ODD holders.

Dual PSU possible on the top and bottom.

360/420mm water cooling radiator possible.

Fully external twelve 5.25” bays with two “4 in 3 HDD cage”.

3.5” HDD anti-vibration rubbers inside of 4 in 3 cages.

Anti-vibration rubbers and bottom dust filter for PSU.

Aluminum on the front mesh panel with removable dust filters.

Technical Details:

• Case-Basis Material: Steel (SECC 0.8)
    • Front: Plastic (ABS)
    • Top: Steel (SECC 0.8)
    • Side: Steel (SECC 0.8)
    • Color: black (inside black)
    • Size: 230mm x 618mm x 663mm (B x H x T)
    • Factor: ATX, HPTX, E-ATX, XL-ATX, Mikro-ATX
    • Weight: ca. 15,5 Kg netto
    • Slot for additional Cards: 10
    • Holes for Watercooling-Tubes: 7 (18mm diameter)
    • Mainboardtray: No
    • CPU-Cooler Mounting-Options: Towerkühler (185mm Height)
    • max. Size of Graficcards: 440mm
    • max. Size of Power Supplies: till 300mm Depth
    • Optional Watercooling-Radiators: 120mm till 420mm
    • Powersupply-Optionen: Bottom and Top
    • Powersupply-Position (Fan top/ bottom blowing): variable

• Fan-Configuration:

2x 120 mm (Front, Blackline, White LED)
    1x 140 mm (Back, Blackline, White LED)
    1x 230x200x30 mm (left Side, White LED)
    1x 120 mm (Back, optional instead of 140 mm)
    2x 200 / 3x 140 / 120 mm (Top, optional)
    1x 200 / 2x 140 / 120 mm (Bottom, optional)
    1x 120 / 80 mm (right Side, optional)
    2x Lüfterverteilerplatinen (4-Pol Molex) für je 5x Lüfter
    • dust filter: Powersupply and Front-Fans
    • I/O Panel: 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2,0, 1x eSATA, 1x HD+AC 97 Audio
    • Drive Bays:
    12x 5,25 Zoll (extern, Tool-free)
    8x 3,5 Zoll (intern, entkoppelt)
    • mostly screwless design.
    • Price: ca. 159,90 €
    • Warranty: 2 Years

Despite its size, the Case is relatively leight and completely black. On the top are the front connectors and the power switch.
    The front panel is equipped with two USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports and one eSATA and audio input and output.
    It has a sliding cover, which one can close the case dustproof.
    A special feature of the Elysium is a HDD Dock for 2.5 or 3.5 inch hard drives.

The lid has a removable mesh cover with a filter.
    The cover is locked by a sliding mechanism and can be opened and closed very easily.

The front of the Elysium is held in mesh-modern look and is divided by twelve drive panels.
    One of them is provided with a Xigmatek and the lettering stands out visually.

The side panels are secured with thumbscrews, and can thus be easily removed without tools.
    In the left part is a white illuminated fan with the size of 230x200x30mm.
    Unfortunately, the fan has not a filter, which is not easy for me to understand because, if used, most of the dust is blown into the case in that way.

Inside the housing looks very tidy and clean out processed.
    The main board carrier has two openings for mounting the CPU cooler and no fewer than twelve rubberized cable penetrations.
    Through these openings at the CPU-Area, the mainboard must not be extended for cooler assembly.

A very practical solution has been devised for the Xigmatek fan connectors, the Elysium owns two fan-distribution-boards.
    Each fan has five distribution 3-pin connectors that lead to a port on the motherboard.
    This is a very good solution in my point of view.

Unfortunately, the motherboard-mounting-rack itself can not be removed.

In the lid, under the mesh cover Xigmatek has given users the option to install additional fans or radiators.
    There is the possibility for installation of 3 120mm or 140mm fan.
    Thus, the inclined users also install radiators in size 360 ​​and 420.

Overall, the workmanship is very good, all the edges are folded and the front panels are made of solid plastic.

To illustrate the size of the Elysium a little better I've made ​​a fun and mounted an ITX board and that is the result:

In Xigmatek Elysium the power supply is mounted at the bottom and rests on rubber pads.
    You can also choose to mount the power supply above the motherboard or even use two power supplies.

If the power supply is mounted at the bottom, it is decoupled by a layer of foam from the case.

The decoupling foam is glued to the housing and fixed and must therefore not only be marked separately. A simple and clean solution in my point of view.

In the vast interior even motherboards from a type of Evga SR-2 find easily their place and also the installation of longer graphics cards in this case is not a problem.

Besides the already mentioned 360/420 radiator cap can be mounted in other radiators in the soil, 240/280, and in the rear, 120/140.
    The Case has a total of seven outlets for Watercooling-Tubes. Therefore it is easy to integrate an external radiator of the type of Mora (for example).

The drive installation is a bit awkward but not difficult.
    It is necessary to completely remove the front, which is certainly not a problem because it is just "clicked".

Optical drives are inserted from the front and locked with a clamping system in the drive bay.

Hard drives are stored differently than the optical drives, in two hard drive cages.

These cages are locked with the same clamping system in the drive bay and can be removed completely.

Each HDD cage can accommodate up to four 3.5-inch drives that are attached with special screws and delivered through the cage at fixed decoupling.

Incomprehensible to me, however, is the absence of the 2.5-inch adapter for mounting a SSD drive.

The Case offers many cable bushings for a meaningful transfer of the cable.
    On the back there are some cable ties for the cables, but the amount of them is in my point of view too low.

The right side panel has enough distance to the Mainboardtray, thus there is also enough space to lay cables without having problems to close the the side panel after finished work.

After you've finally installed everything and turned the PC on, the fan light shine in white pleasant.
    The color of the lighting and the Case combine to create a very nice visual impression, very stylish!

If the fans are connected by using the supplied fan distribution board and thus controlled by the motherboard, they are absolutely silent.
    At full speed they are not more "silent" but the volume is kept within limits.
    From a distance of 1m, they are not at all bothersome, so we are back to the installed distribution boards. These small parts are really handy.

Conclusion:

First Conclusion: The case is huge!
    If you want to install many drives or a nice water cooling, you should take a closer look at this Case.
    The case provides plenty of space for all possible combinations of hardware and / or water cooling systems.
    The workmanship is just as successful as the stability of the super-Tower.
    The ventilation is factory already sufficiently powerful and well controlled thanks to the distribution boards.
    You can install a variety of possible Radiator-Solutions in this Case without modifing anything in it. This one exemplary I / O panel comes with all the extras that can appear to offer a top panel, in particular, is the practical docking station mentioned.
    But is completely incomprehensible, why an internal 2.5-inch bay is missing.
    If the user wants to install its operating system on a fast SSD, he is admitted at the SSD manufacturers hope or worry yourself about respective mounting frame.
    The Elysium is not inexpensive for offered price of 160 €, for the tested model without window, it is still acceptable.
    Providing the needed equipment and excellent quality, the Xigmatek Elysium receives the "Cartago's Review" Gold Award.

UPDATE:

According to Xigmatek, meanwhile, the Case comes with few improvements, I quote a statement by Xigmatek:

" So I can give the all-clear, the roles have been changed already ... you can rotate the new revision as early as 360 degrees ... because of the dust filter on the side part, because it's my turn ... We have for the 2nd hole of the sockets SR2 also created a rubber Grommit (as in the other hole guides for cable management). Next we have a new cage for the HDD's / SSD'S with one
    Next, we have built a new cage for the HDD's / SSD'S HOT SWAP with an open front which can be equally well supported and the installation of the SSD's ..."

http://www.computerbase.de/forum/sho...7&postcount=53

Hereby I would like to thank the company Caseking for the provision of test patterns and the trust, which you have set in my work. Thanks!

I am Xtreme
    Nice work mate, just recieved one myself, this thing is indeed freaking huge
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow its huge
    Intel Core i5 6600K + ASRock Z170 OC Formula + Galax HOF 4000 (8GBx2) + Antec 1200W OC Version
    EK SupremeHF + BlackIce GTX360 + Swiftech 655 + XSPC ResTop
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2011 (i7 2760QM + HD 6770M)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) , Huawei Nexus 6P
    [history system]80286 80386 80486 Cyrix K5 Pentium133 Pentium II Duron1G Athlon1G E2180 E3300 E5300 E7200 E8200 E8400 E8500 E8600 Q9550 QX6800 X3-720BE i7-920 i3-530 i5-750 Semp140@x2 955BE X4-B55 Q6600 i5-2500K i7-2600K X4-B60 X6-1055T FX-8120 i7-4790K