Thread: Almost new Pi Series for RMA question

Hybrid View

Almost new Pi Series for RMA question

Hello. I've bought g.skill Pi series 3x2GB and one of the sticks is not working now. I will send them to RMA, but I'd like to know if there's any chance to get back credit note (don't know the exact word, I think this is it), because I can't wait for the package to get back from warranty because I need my computer daily and urgent, so before I send those I will buy new ones and put them in when pull old out, so I won't need memory anymore, but would like to buy new SSD later. Is it possible maybe to get SSD in the same value or credit note instead of memory? It's a 3 channel kit, so I think RMA don't replace only one stick but sends whole new kit, right?

Thank you,
    regards,
    Bogdan

G.Skill USA Tech
    Unfortunately we don't do anything like that, we can only send the same item. Although, it is possible to send one module only, so that may be an option if your problem is to avoid down time.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Hello, thank you for the answer. My main problem is to avoid being without computer or getting back new kit which would remain unnecessary and unused because of buying new for use during RMA. In which cases do you refund?

G.Skill USA Tech
    We do not offer any type of refunding. Refunds must be done through the original place of purchase.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Yes, I know, but I read sth about and noticed that the item sent in RMA can also be refund, in which cases does this happen, when the item is no longer in production ?

G.Skill USA Tech
    Sorry, I have not heard of any refund cases from us. For an item no longer in production, we generally replace it with a comparable item.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH