Thread: Who benefits??

Xtreme Addict

Who benefits??

Could somebody please offer a better explaination of the economics of using a Bitcoin to purchase physical goods? Or how something generated for free can acquire value and be traded to real money.

All the online videos and text (I have found) explaining Bitcoins offer nothing to the economics of it.

We all know you can't print your own paper money, so why should Bitcoin work when you are doing the electronic equivalent??

In a bartering system, it's still work for work. I can't see how mining benefits anybody other than the GPU manufacturers and power companies.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Last night I was reading the AMD thread in the news and found out about Bitcoin. I then spent the next 2 hours reading all the threads in the Bitcoin section.
    Honestly, I still have no idea about what to do. It looks like it would've been
    better to start a couple months ago.

check out "XS REVIEWS"

Want me to believe your hardware review? Show me a receipt

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    It looks like it would've been better to start a couple months ago.
    If you did not have any hardware already and had to go out and buy it then yes it is a difficult choice to make. If you already have the hardware and there is no out of pocket expense to get started then you can still make money.

I think when people read up about it and hear all the hype about bitcoin and how people are making lots of money (yes a couple of months ago). So as long as your not looking for making 300-400$ a month then yes you can still make money like around 150-200$ possibly after paying the added cost of electricity.

Check this out if you have not seen it yet. http://98.200.247.249:81/btc_calc.php
    Main Rig

Gigabyte z78x-OC Bios F5n
    i7-4770k batch L310B492 Malay @ 4.5ghz with HT 1.2v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD (boot drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port4
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Suppreme HF Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Server
    HAF 932
    Gigabyte z77x-UD3H F13
    i7-3770S batch 3212B621 supports VT-D and low power
    32GB 4x8gb Muskin Enhanced Blackline 10-10-10-27@1.65v
    Vmware vSphere ESXi 5.0u1
    4x500GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D Raid 10 on a IBM M1015 <- DataStore
    Sapphire HD 5850

Xtreme Addict
    So I guess everybody is focused on generating these bitcoins but actually has no idea how the system can work.

Xtreme Addict
    yeah i was wondering that as well? i mean what is the value? and where does the "real" money come from when i sell these things or when i trade them for a visa card?
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1

Xtreme Cruncher
    What gives bitcoins value is that people have decided they're worth something. Just like Beanie babies, baseball cards or cocaine, someone was able to make something for next-to-nothing but someone else thinks it has value in their life, so they're willing to trade cash for it surprisingly in excess of the cost to produce. It's value comes from the belief of those in the community that (1) it's the currency of the future or (2) that it's an investment medium they can daytrade, etc to make a profit off of.

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !