Thread: windows 7 phone ?

Xtreme Mentor

windows 7 phone ?

does anyone have one here or they all Iphones and androids?

I'm thinking of upgrading to one.
    anyone know which is the fastest ?
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

the windows phone 7 OS is not ready for users, its lacking most of the features of winmo 5-6.5 even though its the same windows ce6 base. and the second gen of hardware has not come out yet so its missing the solid dual core goodness. windows phone 7 also has phantom data problems so if u are on att or vz and have a non unlimited data plan it with screw u (its not as bad as at launch but there are still some phantoms that use alot of data.)

there is a nice emulator for it on technet and MSDN (not sure if u need a subscription)

the keys to a modern smarphone though are, 1) make sure u get a new one when it comes out as vendor support is random once they are outdated and 2) make sure that xda or another hacking/dev group is behind it so it can get updates affter its abandoned. u get locked into a 2 year contract but the OEMs and carriers will stop support affter a 1-1.5 years so u have to support it yourself.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-25-2011 at 03:50 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    the windows phone 7 OS is not ready for users, its lacking most of the features of winmo 5-6.5 even though its the same windows ce6 base. and the second gen of hardware has not come out yet so its missing the solid dual core goodness. windows phone 7 also has phantom data problems so if u are on att or vz and have a non unlimited data plan it with screw u (its not as bad as at launch but there are still some phantoms that use alot of data.)

there is a nice emulator for it on technet and MSDN (not sure if u need a subscription)

the keys to a modern smarphone though are, 1) make sure u get a new one when it comes out as vendor support is random once they are outdated and 2) make sure that xda or another hacking/dev group is behind it so it can get updates affter its abandoned. u get locked into a 2 year contract but the OEMs and carriers will stop support affter a 1-1.5 years so u have to support it yourself.
    there isn't a phone out with a duel core yet? is there?
    I'm only looking for full web on this Iphones and androids only get usually get mobile web. I know certain ones will get full web though. just don;t know which.
    I've got a flip phone lol way old. but I've noticed I've been using web mostly not calling lol I don't text much yet too much of a hassle for me I usually just call then instead.
    unlimited data is the first thing I though I bought. 0.0
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    there isn't a phone out with a duel core yet? is there?
    I'm only looking for full web on this Iphones and androids only get usually get mobile web. I know certain ones will get full web though. just don;t know which.
    I've got a flip phone lol way old. but I've noticed I've been using web mostly not calling lol I don't text much yet too much of a hassle for me I usually just call then instead.
    unlimited data is the first thing I though I bought. 0.0
    android has dual core phones, and windows phone dose not do flash yet and its slow with html5. mango is supposed to fix alot so i would just wait until mango native hardware is out this fall to even look at it. i like my minmo phone and my contract is up in just over a month so i was linking of going with MS but they dont have functional multitasking, they dont have flash and they dont have dual cores or high quality displays ATM.

on the web have u looked at opera or FF with android u get mobile pages bu default but u can use the full page with the snapdragon phones.

edit- the current rev is so bad that there is no threaded messaging or threaded txt
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-28-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    android has dual core phones, and windows phone dose not do flash yet and its slow with html5. mango is supposed to fix alot so i would just wait until mango native hardware is out this fall to even look at it. i like my minmo phone and my contract is up in just over a month so i was linking of going with MS but they dont have functional multitasking, they dont have flash and they dont have dual cores or high quality displays ATM.

on the web have u looked at opera or FF with android u get mobile pages bu default but u can use the full page with the snapdragon phones.

edit- the current rev is so bad that there is no threaded messaging or threaded txt
    why would I want that I don't text very much if ever.
    what version 7.5 mango ?
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    why would I want that I don't text very much if ever.
    what version 7.5 mango ?
    do u really not use threaded messaging for email or txt.

anyways, 7.5 is mango and it has a bunch of fixes like a browser with full silverlight, html5 and adobe is supposed to have full flash right affter mango, so if u buy now u are getting a 1st gen for the same price a 2ng gen native phone with new hardware in a couple of months.

mango went RTM last weeks so it will be out soon, and u dont want to get screwed by a phone that dose not get updates anymore.

Xtreme Mentor
    still waiting for mango to final before I go lol
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"

I am Xtreme
    I have an ATRIX 4G (Dual-Core Tegra2, 1GB RAM, etc) and the GF has a Samsung Focus WP7.

Both her and I really enjoy WP7. Silky smooth, great UI, decent selection of apps and games, and future updates (Mango) are adding a lot of functionality and nifty features.
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    I have an ATRIX 4G (Dual-Core Tegra2, 1GB RAM, etc) and the GF has a Samsung Focus WP7.

Both her and I really enjoy WP7. Silky smooth, great UI, decent selection of apps and games, and future updates (Mango) are adding a lot of functionality and nifty features.
    i only found that phone for android around here.
    :/

well i see two new phones i suppose there mango already.
    HTC Radar really nice and sleek metal.
    and ATC titan huge screen almost 5"
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"