Thread: Overclock.net Presents August Ice, an Extreme Overclocking Demonstration

Xtreme Member

Overclock.net Presents August Ice, an Extreme Overclocking Demonstration

As the last event at Microcenter in St. Louis was such a great success, the OCN HWBot team has decided to do something similar, albeit with a little bit of Overclock.net flair.

On Saturday and Sunday August 20-21, three Overclock.net team members--NoGuru, HobieCat, and myself--as well as XtremeCuztoms and Icebob from Team Pure will be doing a subzero demonstration at Microcenter in Madison Heights, Detroit. We will be using everything from older hardware like socket 775 and the classic Nvidia 8800 Series to the newest technology like Intel's 1155 socket, AMD's 990FX boards, and Nvidia's GTX 580.

If you're in the area (or even if you're not... some of us are driving 6+ hours to get there :p), drop by to see what the hardware in your computer can really do when cooled with liquid Nitrogen. It will be educational, fun, and a great time to socialize with other members of the overclocking community. We might even try to get in some overclocking! For those that can't make it, we'll have a Livestream available so you can watch us get some knockout scores. The link will be posted at a later date.

And finally, I'd like to thank everyone who has had a hand in making this possible (in no specific order):

Thanks to Overclock.net for supporting the team and providing us a place to learn and hang out. Thanks to Will, Mike, and Ed from Microcenter for allowing us to tear it up in their store. Thanks to both I.M.O.G. and Dolk from Overclockers Forums for organizing and inviting me to do some benching at the last Microcenter event. Thanks to XtremeCuztoms for inviting us to do some benching at his place (that's how this all started) and being the local guy doing all of the coordinating. Also, thanks to snelan for the awesome banner. You can find the backgrounds he made for the event here.

Hope to see you guys there!

EDIT: Banner taken down pending updates.
    Last edited by bassplayer; 07-25-2011 at 09:29 AM.

i7 920 / X58A-OC / Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 / 5870 Lightning

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Now who wants to do this at the Fairfax or Rockville store?!
    Computer:
    Case: Corsair 750D Airflow Edition
    Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra
    RAM: Team TForce Xtreem ARGB 3600C14 2x16gb XMP
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x
    Graphics: EVGA (rip) RTX 3080 FTW3
    PSU: Seasonic Focus GX 850w
    Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360mm
    NVMe: SKHynix P41 Platinum, Samsung 980 Pro 2tb
    SSD: Micron 1100 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb
    HDD: WD SE 2TB, WD Black 1tb 3 platter with over 10 years of power-on time

Xtreme Member
    Get a few people together and call your local Microcenter. They usually like the idea

i7 920 / X58A-OC / Dominator GT 2000 7-8-7 / 5870 Lightning