Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AMD Bulldozer to be launched in 19th September

I don't put much weight on process node, really. As long as performance is there, and power consumption is ok, who cares really? Process node is only 1% of the whole picture.
    Last edited by Sparky; 07-26-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    on that note,
    if next gen BD integrated next gen GPU could really be a revolution even if on a bigger precess than rivals, I suppose all that's left to see is how bd performs and then we can draw up some conclusions

Xtreme Member
    IF I think about it Komodo should be released not so long after IB and if I am not mistaken IB will be released at the start of 2Q.

Xtreme Member
    DHB got slide that stated october release, like what one britain site hinted.

http://www.donanimhaber.com/islemci/...e-edilecek.htm

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveburt714 View Post
    Seriously man, you realize your in the AMD section right?

You can't judge BD's preformance from a bunch of rumors...

I'm risking getting banned again here, but maybe you should go back to the Intel section.
    Dave you rebel you

I see your point though. This is tipical for near launch AMD CPU's. I don' t spend a lot of time in the Intel section, but don't recall the kinda of havok the AMD section gets on new product launches.

BTW, with the way Glo Fo is moving I can see the process gap shrinking very soon. And like mentioned above, process node is not the huge picture. AMD has been competing pretty well being a node behind in the segment they are in.
    ~1~
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
    GigaByte X570 AORUS LITE
    Trident-Z 3200 CL14 16GB
    AMD Radeon VII
    ~2~
    AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper 2950x
    Asus Prime X399-A
    GSkill Flare-X 3200mhz, CAS14, 64GB
    AMD RX 5700 XT

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by charged3800z24 View Post
    Dave you rebel you

I see your point though. This is tipical for near launch AMD CPU's. I don' t spend a lot of time in the Intel section, but don't recall the kinda of havok the AMD section gets on new product launches.

BTW, with the way Glo Fo is moving I can see the process gap shrinking very soon. And like mentioned above, process node is not the huge picture. AMD has been competing pretty well being a node behind in the segment they are in.
    For example, Phenom II (refined AM3 version) is very competetive with 45nm wolfdale...
    I expect AMD to at least match Bloomfield CPC this time around, and if they can do that + release chips that run high clocks 4.5-5 Ghz OC they will have a great chip to compete with. (Something Bloomfield didnt do, think Sandy Bridge @ 4.4 with 8 cores type feel) The price is what matters, though.
    Smile

I am Xtreme
    if they are giving us 4.x ghz turbo, i hope we see 5ghz easy on water 24/7
    and if theres no cold bug, im scared to see what some LN2 will do
    2500k @ 4900mhz - Asus Maxiums IV Gene Z - Swiftech Apogee LP
    GTX 680 @ +170 (1267mhz) / +300 (3305mhz) - EK 680 FC EN/Acteal
    Swiftech MCR320 Drive @ 1300rpms - 3x GT 1850s @ 1150rpms
    XS Build Log for: My Latest Custom Case

Xtreme Addict
    switching platform on september 19th going bk to AMD going to give a FX-8150 a try from my current set up!
    Last edited by bro20000; 07-27-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bro20000 View Post
    switching platform on september 19th going bk to AMD going to give a FX-8150 a try from my current set up!
    8170 is part of a refresh to the lineup, it isn't in the initial launch. Unless of course AMD pulls another switch like they did with the 1075T/1090T.

Admin
    Any more flamebait keiths and you'll be removed from this section.

Xtreme Member
    Right before my birthday, excellent.
    For me it's right after my birthday
    But it will make the perfect 1-day-later b-day present for me. Gonna go straight for the powerhouse - FX-8150.
    Hope the release date sticks (although i wouldn't mind a day earlier..)
    FX 8370 * Chrosshair V Formula Z * 16GB Kingston 1866 * Sapphire Fury * Samsung 850 Pro * WD Raptor 74Gb * Seagate 2TB * Seagate 1TB * Corsair 1200i * Corsair 800D
    EK Supremacy EVO * EK-FB Crosshair V * EK Coolstream XE 480 + XE 120 * D5 * EK F4-120 * Lamptron FC5 * Masterkleer tubing * EK coolant

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Any more flamebait keiths and you'll be removed from this section.
    Don't hesitate, I have no need to converse with those who think what was written was flamebait, but what I ask is this subforum not show up on what's new.

Admin
    That's enough, keiths.

Xtreme Member
    Can't wait for this to come out OMG. My E8400 is like a brontosaurus and is begging to be put into retirement. Will definitely wait and see some results before I dive in though.

@Vapor, do you happen to know what episode/season of Futurama that Bender gif is from?
    Intel i5 3570k || Sapphire HD 7870 OC CrossFireX || Asrock Z77 Extreme4 || 8GB DDR3 G.SKILL || Seasonic X750
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 || PowerColor HD 5450 || Gigabyte P35-DS3L || 4GB DDR2 G.SKILL || Enermax 431W

Xtreme Addict
    Roughly 7 weeks to go.
    As quoted by LowRun......"So, we are one week past AMD's worst case scenario for BD's availability but they don't feel like communicating about the delay, I suppose AMD must be removed from the reliable sources list for AMD's products launch dates"

Xtreme Member
    I had a chance to upgrade/sidegrade my Intel rig and made it into a secondary system. My AMD system should be ready to go for Bulldozer. I just need to get a good cooler that will handle it. I was thinking of getting a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus and using it on my Phenom II in the meantime. Anybody know if this will have any problems cooling these chips or should I wait for coolers that have been verified to be able to handle it?
    Intel i5 3570k || Sapphire HD 7870 OC CrossFireX || Asrock Z77 Extreme4 || 8GB DDR3 G.SKILL || Seasonic X750
    Intel Core2Duo E8400 || PowerColor HD 5450 || Gigabyte P35-DS3L || 4GB DDR2 G.SKILL || Enermax 431W

The 212 doesn't rate very high on the list. It's respectable, but there are better options. There aren't any specific things we'll have to worry about with Bulldozer core CPUs. They dump heat into the same heat spreader we've all come to know and love. The bigger and more efficient the heatsink, the better it'll be at removing higher heatloads produced under overclocked and overvolted conditions.

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2572&page=4
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Mentor
    But the CM Hyper 212+ does very well in the price/performance value. In Norway its 1/2-1/3 the price of the top dogs, yet its not really that far behind in cooling.
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Not to be outdone by rival ATi, nVidia's going to offer its own drivers on EA Download Manager.
    X2 555 @ B55 @ 4050 1.4v, NB @ 2700 1.35v Fuzion V1
    Gigabyte 890gpa-ud3h v2.1
    HD6950 2GB swiftech MCW60 @ 1000mhz, 1.168v 1515mhz memory
    Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 cas 9 @ 1800 8.9.8.27.41 1T 110ns 1.605v
    C300 64GB, 2X Seagate barracuda green LP 2TB, Essence STX, Zalman ZM750-HP
    DDC 3.2/petras, PA120.3 ek-res400, Stackers STC-01,
    Dell U2412m, G110, G9x, Razer Scarab

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    The 212 doesn't rate very high on the list. It's respectable, but there are better options. There aren't any specific things we'll have to worry about with Bulldozer core CPUs. They dump heat into the same heat spreader we've all come to know and love. The bigger and more efficient the heatsink, the better it'll be at removing higher heatloads produced under overclocked and overvolted conditions.

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2572&page=4
    Oh my god, people should be given a week's ban for referencing frostytech. They are WRONG.

By the way, a Mach2 GT holding -50c at 125w heatload? No. No. No. A thermaltake Frio does not beat an NH-D14 either.
    Smile

You're welcome to your opinion I guess, but I trust FT's heatsink reviews more than anyone else's currently. It's in the same way that I trust JonnyGuru to review power supplies.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme 3D Team
    You're welcome to your opinion I guess, but I trust FT's heatsink reviews more than anyone else's currently. It's in the same way that I trust JonnyGuru to review power supplies.
    It's kind of like jonnyguru's reviews, without any of the accuracy. It'd be like if he used a kill-a-watt to measure efficiency and a $10 analog voltmeter to measure voltage changes. They review a lot of heatsinks, but most results are not indicative of real-world results. Some heatsinks listed are clearly worse than others yet perform better on their test plate. It's almost like they test heatsinks with whatever thermal paste comes in the package instead of using a consistent paste and/or mount pressure.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-03-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Smile

XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post

By the way, a Mach2 GT holding -50c at 125w heatload?
    Thats just about right on evaporator temp. CPU's core temp. will be varies

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    It's kind of like jonnyguru's reviews, without any of the accuracy. It'd be like if he used a kill-a-watt to measure efficiency and a $10 analog voltmeter to measure voltage changes. They review a lot of heatsinks, but most results are not indicative of real-world results. Some heatsinks listed are clearly worse than others yet perform better on their test plate. It's almost like they test heatsinks with whatever thermal paste comes in the package instead of using a consistent paste and/or mount pressure.
    It would be like that if they used bad equipment and had no consistent testing methodology, but they don't and they do.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme Member
    will the Super Talent 1600 9-9-9-25 1.5V work with any BD chip?

Xtreme 3D Team
    It would be like that if they used bad equipment and had no consistent testing methodology, but they don't and they do.
    It's a good concept, however they show results that aren't logical. Xiggy SD964 beating H50? (I own one of those SD964's btw, and a core contact freezer...bought because I used to believe frostytech reviews) True 120 beating True 120 Extreme by 4 degrees at 125w?...
    Smile

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast