Thread: Atrix 2.3.4 update = awesome

Xtreme Addict

Atrix 2.3.4 update = awesome

Not sure if it's common knowledge yet, but the gingerbread update for the Atrix seems to have been released today. Seems prettier and faster. Lots of new look and feel changes and improvements!

--Matt
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkosem View Post
    Not sure if it's common knowledge yet, but the gingerbread update for the Atrix seems to have been released today. Seems prettier and faster. Lots of new look and feel changes and improvements!

--Matt
    Definitly not as stable as 2.2.

Ive noticed a bug with google navigation, when you turn the screen off but leave nav running after a few min it will turn the screen on and off rapidly until you turn it back on or exit navitation. This is only when turned horizontally. Could be the mix of stuff I have on my phone such as launcher pro.

Other then that I have just had random bugs that I had to do a battery pull to get the phone back to normal.
    Q9650 @ 4ghz | EP45-UD3P | 5870 |

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pur View Post
    Definitly not as stable as 2.2.

Ive noticed a bug with google navigation, when you turn the screen off but leave nav running after a few min it will turn the screen on and off rapidly until you turn it back on or exit navitation. This is only when turned horizontally. Could be the mix of stuff I have on my phone such as launcher pro.

Other then that I have just had random bugs that I had to do a battery pull to get the phone back to normal.
    Wow. I haven't had a single hiccup yet. I used nav for a 4 hour round trip drive this weekend without any issues. Not a huge fan of the color scheme yet, but I like the lock animation.

--Matt
    Last edited by mattkosem; 07-24-2011 at 12:41 PM.
    My Rig :
    Core i5 4570S - ASUS Z87I-DELUXE - 16GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-2400 - 256GB Plextor M5 Pro Xtreme

Xtreme Member
    How are you finding the battery life on 2.3.4 as compared to 2.2? I just got my atrix yesterday (Bell atrix..unlocked using on rogers) and I flashed 2.3.4 right out of the box. I've been experiencing some mediocre battery life

Xtreme Member
    UPDATE!
    I've kept my atrix, and I gotta say I cant recommend this ROM enough. Great battery life, great performance

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkwagen View Post
    How are you finding the battery life on 2.3.4 as compared to 2.2? I just got my atrix yesterday (Bell atrix..unlocked using on rogers) and I flashed 2.3.4 right out of the box. I've been experiencing some mediocre battery life
    The battery life was abysmal initially after the update. The phone barely lasted two days for me instead of 3 or 4 like it usually does. It went back to normal after rebooting it though, and has been back to normal since. The removal of the battery % indicator in the settings menu was somewhat obnoxious, but there are apps for that.

--Matt
    My Rig :

Xtreme Member
    Such a cool phone

Xtreme Addict
    I've had CM7 on mine for a while now. Much better than what Moto has produced for it. Substantially faster, especially when scrolling and zooming.

--Matt
    My Rig :

I've rooted my Atrix running 2.3.4. I got a notice about an update to 2.3.6, do I need to unroot my phone to apply it?
    Asus Z170 A
    Intel i7 6700K@4700MHz
    MSi GTX 1080 Gaming X
    16GB Kingston 2400 DDR4
    3 Samsung U28E 590D's
    Corsair AX 860i PSU
    Samsung 950 Pro NVMe, 2 Samsung 850 Pro SSD's
    Corsair Air 540 case

Quote Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
    I've rooted my Atrix running 2.3.4. I got a notice about an update to 2.3.6, do I need to unroot my phone to apply it?
    to update u should restore to factory, but im sure that xda has a pre root and install it with nvflash recovery. and there are much better/cleaner roms on xda for it.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi