Thread: DDC 2 Aftermarket Tops

Xtreme Addict

DDC 2 Aftermarket Tops

Just to double check, will the current selection of aftermarket DDC tops fit a DDC2, or have there been significant enough changes in impeller design etc, that a top designed for the 3.2 won't fit the 2?

Thanks.

EDIT: After a bit of research, turns out the DDC2's impeller was larger. I wonder how this affects current top performance, which have smaller inlets to match the smaller impellers.
    Last edited by CedricFP; 07-22-2011 at 07:16 PM.
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Addict
    Anybody?
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

I am Xtreme
    The tops are exactly the same for every DDC. As for performance I have no idea.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    The old DDC tops are not compatible with newer pumps, but newer tops are backwards compatible. The smaller inlet opening is slightly more tuned for the newer smaller impeller inlets, but it's nothing real significant. Many newer tops have a much better spiral volutes though..so despite the perhaps less than ideal inlet size..they will still outperform the older tops.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    The old DDC tops are not compatible with newer pumps, but newer tops are backwards compatible. The smaller inlet opening is slightly more tuned for the newer smaller impeller inlets, but it's nothing real significant. Many newer tops have a much better spiral volutes though..so despite the perhaps less than ideal inlet size..they will still outperform the older tops.
    Ta, Martin. I hadn't considered how the volutes have been improved when compared with older tops.
    -