Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terror in Oslo, Norway

Aussie God

Terror in Oslo, Norway

I got about 200 of you guys on facebook, yet, have no seen any US citizent post anything about this so far, so I guess it has not reached the news dispite being 6-7 hours ago...

Today a bomb exploded in the center of Oslo, killing minimum 7 and leaving many wounded.
    Fortunately it seems that no XS members have been hurt during the attack, spoken and seen videos from dpa, it truely looks like a warzone Hope the guilty will be brought to justice and punished severly.

Best wishes to all wounded and hope for a fast recovery. May the terrorist behind this attack burn and rot in hell.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme Addict
    We have a live page BBC
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    My mom just told me about it, and the situation in Oslo gets even worse. Some political party held an event for their young members, when a guy showed up in a police uniform, and started shooting at people. At least 9 people are dead. It happened on an island 15km from Oslo, and the real police cought him after this incident. The man had been seen in Oslo, during the bombing earlier today, by some witnesses... but the police is not sure wether he stood behind the bomb or not.
    =(
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by vohu manah View Post
    My mom just told me about it, and the situation in Oslo gets even worse. Some political party held an event for their young members, when a guy showed up in a police uniform, and started shooting at people. At least 9 people are dead. It happened on an island 15km from Oslo, and the real police cought him after this incident. The man had been seen in Oslo, during the bombing earlier today, by some witnesses... but the police is not sure wether he stood behind the bomb or not.
    =(
    The guy has white skin (please dont get this as a racial thing), suggesting that it is not related to Islam, CNN has quite some interesting dialog about this, Jewish extremist group in Israel is main suspect.
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtremeish
    A lot of innocent people have lost their lives today by person/persons so far unkown, except for one.
    I live rather far away from Oslo, but have some friends there, none of them have been hurt as far as I know. Thoughts go out to the families and people!

A little information on the matter so far:

Bomb or bombs went of at 15:26 outside parliament building in central Oslo. The shock wave broke all the windows in close proximity and a few blocks away. Leaving something behind that can be described as nothing else but a battlefield.
    From this there has been confirmed 7 people dead.

An hour later a single person disguised as a police officer and heavily armed starts shooting and killing people at an "AUF, Arbeidspartiets Ungdoms Forening, or Labor Party Teenage Union" summer camp on an island called "Utøya", as a side note the Labor Party is in government at the moment which is why the police think this was a two pronged attack with these specific targets.
    From this there has been confirmed 10 people dead.

The most recent update is that the person who was at the island shooting people has been caught and is in interrogation. And yes, it has been confirmed that he is Norwegian.

Source:
    Norwegian,
    http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.7723269

English,
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ge%2F1.7723269
    Last edited by Kallenator; 07-22-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    The guy has white skin (please dont get this as a racial thing), suggesting that it is not related to Islam, CNN has quite some interesting dialog about this, Jewish extremist group in Israel is main suspect.
    Lol it is racial, but not in a bad way :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kallenator View Post
    The most recent update is that the person who was at the island shooting people has been caught and is in interrogation. And yes, it has been confirmed that he is Norwegian.

Source:
    Norwegian,
    http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/norge/1.7723269

English,
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ge%2F1.7723269
    Seems like there is a connection between those two incidents, however, the police in Norway won't tell the press why they believe there is a connection. An islamic group has claimed to be responsible for the bomb in Oslo.

New stats: 10 people have been confirmed dead in Utøya.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Xtreme Member
    First of all RIP

Apparently the islamist group has issued a retraction

Update: Abu Sulayman has now issued a retraction, stating clearly that “Helpers” was not involved in the operation and that his statement was not an official statement. He says those who carried out the attacks “must surely be known to all.”
    http://www.jihadica.com/alleged-claim-for-oslo-attacks/

I am Xtreme
    jewish extremist? come on...

its not jewish...

A sad day for my country

Until now, we have been spared from tragedies like this, and I think that makes this event more of an eye-opener.

There is still confusion all over the place, but my immediate reaction is that this was no "ordinary" act of terrorism. Sure, the bombing of the parliament building in central Oslo may very well be an orchestrated attack with a political, religious or ideological motive. But as others have mentioned, the shooter is confirmed to be Norwegian, and there are reports that he was seen in Oslo around the time of the bombing. The latter clearly suggests a connection between the two events, but I think the shooting on the island appears to be a random massacre done by a mentally unstable individual, rather than a carefully planned and organized operation.

Time will tell...

Xtreme Addict
    They found explosives on the island that didn't go off. So both cases should be connected.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtremeish
    The name of the man who has been caught has been officially released by the Norwegian police: Anders Behring Breivik

Source:
    http://www.tv2.no/nyheter/innenriks/...p-3544629.html
    Last edited by Kallenator; 07-22-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    jewish extremist? come on...

its not jewish...
    Was refering to the dialog here;
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/22...ported/?hpt=T1
    The comments etc....
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtremeish
    This is why I usually only stand behind the official statements by the Police rather than speculation from news agencies or individuals unless it is really obvious, in a rare situations like this. As speculating with small strands of facts is honestly a bit silly.

Xtreme Member
    Norwegian police authorities have stated during a press conference that the number of killed at the Labour youth camp is at least 80. I will never be able to sleep again.
    Obsolescence be thy name

Aussie God
    His friends and family must have such bad concience not doing anything to prevent this man from the slaughter....
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

latest reports say at least 80 people killed on the island @_@ mostly children

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14259356
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Xtreme Member
    80 dead? Jesus Christ... So it has been confirmed that the terrorist scum involved is not muslim in fact he's an anti-muslim bigot.

84 people are now confirmed dead in Utøya =(

Bastard Danish media and goverment. At first, when we didn't knew it as a Norwegian guy, they called it a terror action... but now they've changed the word terror with massacre.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.

Xtremeish
    I just woke up, trying to update myself again, really 84 killed at Utøya?!! :'( This is unreal!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by vohu manah View Post
    84 people are now confirmed dead in Utøya =(

Bastard Danish media and goverment. At first, when we didn't knew it as a Norwegian guy, they called it a terror action... but now they've changed the word terror with massacre.
    It i still an act of terror, I think the reason why it has been changed to "massacre" is that terror is usually with a cause, this guys action was completely pointless...
    He hates muslims, and suicide bombers, so he decides to bomb his own capital and kill alot of political orientated... Pointless....

I dont get how a monster like this can spawn in Norway.... Peaceful and lovely Norway.

EDIT: Baader-Meinhof, Al Queda, PLO, IRA and so on, terror cell, all with clear political vision..
    Last edited by M.Beier; 07-23-2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Xtreme Member
    He seems like a very political person so I'd be shocked if he's wasn't trying to send a political message. And that would classify him as a terrorist.

ter·ror·ismnoun /ˈterəˌrizəm/

1.The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

Yes, 84 is now the current confirmed number of dead people, the hospitals are doing their best to try to keep the wounded kids alive.

Many of the parents still don't know wether or not their kids survived, they haven't veryfied everyone yet.

Some of the victims have reported a 180 cm tall caucasian man with thick dark hair. He walks around with a pistol in his hand, and a rifle on his back.
    - A man has been arrested outside the Sundvolden Hotel, and the police found a knife on him. He claims to be a member of AUF. Many of the victims and their families are currently at the Sundvolden Hotel, and many importent members of the Norwegian goverment are also currently resting at that place.

It i still an act of terror, I think the reason why it has been changed to "massacre" is that terror is usually with a cause, this guys action was completely pointless...
    He hates muslims, and suicide bombers, so he decides to bomb his own capital and kill alot of political orientated... Pointless....

I dont get how a monster like this can spawn in Norway.... Peaceful and lovely Norway.

EDIT: Baader-Meinhof, Al Queda, PLO, IRA and so on, terror cell, all with clear political vision..
    The guy targets AUF members, how can you not consider that an act without a cause?
    Last edited by vohu manah; 07-23-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.

Xtreme Member
    Last edited by AKM; 07-23-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    He seems like a very political person so I'd be shocked if he's wasn't trying to send a political message. And that would classify him as a terrorist.

ter·ror·ismnoun /ˈterəˌrizəm/

1.The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims
    He was angry about the country being open to foreigners, more specifically from the middle east.... He did this as a "I give up", not as a threat to acheive something, and since he was solo and there are none to lift whatever he hoped to build - it makes no sense.

None the less.... I am still ashamed that the creap breathed same air as myself, how can anyone do something this inhuman is beyond my imagination.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast