Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Terror in Oslo, Norway

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    He was angry about the country being open to foreigners, more specifically from the middle east.... He did this as a "I give up", not as a threat to acheive something, and since he was solo and there are none to lift whatever he hoped to build - it makes no sense.

None the less.... I am still ashamed that the creap breathed same air as myself, how can anyone do something this inhuman is beyond my imagination.
    I don't think he gave up, I think he did this to create terror and hatred in the population and among the foreigners, why would he otherwise target and kill kids? It has also been reported that the man laughed and had a fun time hunting and killing the kids. - one of my friends told me that some extremist norwegians are already praising him as a hero on the internet, on chat boards and in fora. This helps his cause, of creating hatred and terror among people.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by vohu manah View Post
    I don't think he gave up, I think he did this to create terror and hatred in the population and among the foreigners, why would he otherwise target and kill kids? It has also been reported that the man laughed and had a fun time hunting and killing the kids. - one of my friends told me that some extremist norwegians are already praising him as a hero on the internet, on chat boards and in fora. This helps his cause, of creating hatred and terror among people.
    I've not heard this from any Norwegians, sounds very unlikely to me..
    The pages that had him listed objective as no#1 man slaughter (spreekillers.ch) has been shut down and closed today... (found that URL on a Danish hardware forum...)

Oh and any forum that will try to praise (which is not likely) will be "victim" of hacking within 12 hours - one of the few times people appreciate hackers.

He wanted to create hatred against foreigners from the middle east, but why would any norwegian blame someone not related to this at all, bare in mind, we are refering to one of the worlds richest countries, a country with high education, people are capable of thinking on their own.
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

The pages that had him listed objective as no#1 man slaughter (spreekillers.ch) has been shut down and closed today... (found that URL on a Danish hardware forum...)

Oh and any forum that will try to praise (which is not likely) will be "victim" of hacking within 12 hours - one of the few times people appreciate hackers.

He wanted to create hatred against foreigners from the middle east, but why would any norwegian blame someone not related to this at all, bare in mind, we are refering to one of the worlds richest countries, a country with high education, people are capable of thinking on their own.
    Yeah in this case, I would appreciate hackers too.
    The guy went for members of the younger members of the labour party, who is friendly toward foreigners. I saw some pictures from Utøya and some of the survivors were foreigners, they looked like they came from India or Pakistan. Welfare doesn't make people happy or less miserable, it just keeps them safe. I grew up in Denmark, and we have a very good welfare state too, and so does Sweden. Danish kids drink more alcohol and take more antidepressants than any other country, and the shops in Sweden sells sometimes more yeast than they sell flour. People here are trying to run away from their reality.

btw. it's late... I'm gonna go and hug my pillow now nighty night <3
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

c[_]
    Everyone runs from reality, its just easier (or you're enabled) in some places..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    He should be bound to a pole and shot with assault rifles from the toes up to the head like what they do to pedophiles in Africa... this makes me sick.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

Xtreme Member
    February 2010
    I just bought Modern Warfare 2, the game. It is probably the best military simulator out there and it’s one of the hottest games this year. I played MW1 as well but I didn’t really like it as I’m generally more the fantasy RPG kind of person – Dragon Age Origins etc .and not so much into first person shooters. I see MW2 more as a part of my training-simulation than anything else. I’ve still learned to love it though and especially the multiplayer part is amazing. You can more or less completely simulate actual operations.
    From the diary of the murderer - link

I knew that the scene at the airport in MW2 was more than controversial!

Xtreme Addict
    He built a reality where this made sense.
    He hated the political forces in charge, and set this as a statement about that and he is a nationalist, one who love his country.
    Kids was a target due to their political view, not because they were kids, for him, they was a target.

The only thing he didn't do right was this,
    he didn't kill the people in charge, and took control over the country, anything else dosnt work long term.
    Terror people never back down from.
    The idea of terrorism either it be Islamic al quida, or just a political statement dosnt matter, it just dosnt work.
    The only thing it does are to draw resources that could be much more useful elsewhere, for food, medicine and curing cancer.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Addict

It's this exactly that caught my attention btw.

I study in Singapore, which is very close to what you posted: great country with opportunities for many, and the exact same hatred is present here- the locals despise the foreign nationals (especially from China and India) for coming in, clogging their higher education system, taking their job opportunities, and getting somewhat equal treatment instead of supposedly biased for Singaporeans.

In fact the more developed the country, the more entitled their citizens feel- somewhat as if the prosperity and benefits should all be directed towards the natives- local indigenous people who have stay there and "helped" the country to prosper. I'm pretty sure it has less to do with religious fundamentalism as it has to do with this variant of ultranationalism, an ideal of Norway just for Norwegians.

Scary stuff. Now I'm afraid to go back to university
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Macadamia View Post
    In fact the more developed the country, the more entitled their citizens feel- somewhat as if the prosperity and benefits should all be directed towards the natives- local indigenous people who have stay there and "helped" the country to prosper. I'm pretty sure it has less to do with religious fundamentalism as it has to do with this variant of ultranationalism, an ideal of Norway just for Norwegians.

Scary stuff. Now I'm afraid to go back to university
    funny, most people i know (US citizen) in a way feel honored that people from all parts of the world choose to come here to learn and work here when it comes to skilled labor like being a doctor or professor. on the other side a lot of people do not like the immigrants who are taking the minimum wage jobs. go figure.

Xtreme CCIE
    Definitely under-reported news, really quite sad. You can't do much about crazy people sometimes, but it's incredibly unfortunate that he was just sane enough to find a place full of kids with no way out. I really just can't believe the level of depravity.
    Dual CCIE (Route\Switch and Security) at your disposal. Have a Cisco-related or other network question? My PM box is always open.

Xtreme Network:
    - Cisco 3560X-24P PoE Switch
    - Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall
    - Cisco 4402 Wireless LAN Controller
    - Cisco 3502i Access Point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14270655

Anders Behring Breivik, 32, admits carrying out a massacre on an island youth camp and a bombing in the capital Oslo in which at least 93 people died.

Under current law he faces a maximum of 21 years in jail. He has described the attacks as "gruesome but necessary".
    WTF?!
    Intel C2Q Q9550 2.83ghz :: Intel DQ45CB :: 4 x 2gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 Reaper HPC :: ASUS EAH5850 :: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w :: Western Digital Caviar Black 4 x 750gb in RAID 10
    Intel e3-1235 3.3ghz :: Intel s1200kp :: 4gb kingston hyperX 1600mhz :: WD 500gb Cavier Green
    Intel i7-3770k 4.4ghz :: msi z77ma-g45 :: 8 gb patriot Signature 1600mhz :: 160gb WD Cavier :: 5830 + 5870 CF :: Antec Earthwatts 650w

"...all men die, and no brave man lets death frighten him from his desire..."

Xtreme Addict
    Maximum of 21 years huh?

Though in theory I do support the idea of re-education and all that jazz, but 21 years isn't going to change someone like this....

Jail time rarely changes anyone, but I digress.

I would be interested to see how the law dictates 21 years - and not life - for multiple counts of first degree pre-meditated murder...
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Aussie God
    Guys...
    The "21 years" are relative here.... He wont ever get out in sociaty again, that is beyond doubt, he might be sentenced "short" for 21 years, but in 40 years he will still be in custody.
    Competition ranking;
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;

Xtreme Addict
    Guys...
    The "21 years" are relative here.... He wont ever get out in sociaty again, that is beyond doubt, he might be sentenced "short" for 21 years, but in 40 years he will still be in custody.
    I don't really understand that. Let's say he gets sentenced to 21 years. When 21 years is up, what happens then?
    -

"Language cuts the grooves in which our thoughts must move" | Frank Herbert, The Santaroga Barrier
    2600K | GTX 580 SLI | Asus MIV Gene-Z | 16GB @ 1600 | Silverstone Strider 1200W Gold | Crucial C300 64 | Crucial M4 64 | Intel X25-M 160 G2 | OCZ Vertex 60 | Hitachi 2TB | WD 320

Xtreme Member
    Life imprisonment in Norway
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

By law it is possible to receive life imprisonment in Norway, but there are no examples of such after the latest correctional law passed in 2002. There are basically two types of maximum penalty laws:

The maximum determinate penalty is 21 years imprisonment, but only a small percentage of prisoners serve more than 14 years. Prisoners will typically get unsupervised parole for weekends etc. after serving ⅓ of their sentence (a maximum of 7 years) and can receive early release after serving ⅔ of their sentence (a maximum of 14 years).

The maximum indeterminate penalty, called "containment" (Norwegian: forvaring), is also set at 21 years imprisonment, and the prisoner is required to serve at least 10 years before becoming eligible for parole. "Containment" is used when the prisoner is deemed a danger to society and there is a great chance of committing violent crimes in the future. If the prisoner is still considered dangerous after serving the original sentence, the prisoner can receive up to five years additional containment.

If the additional time is served, and the offender is still considered dangerous, a prisoner can continue to receive up to five years additional containment, and this, in theory, could result in actual life imprisonment. [1] However, the offender can be paroled or released at any time if it is determined that the offender is no longer a danger to society.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_im...ment_in_Norway

c[_]
    Sounds like the justice system here in Canada. Basically revolving door.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Quote Originally Posted by flopper View Post
    The only thing he didn't do right was this,
    he didn't kill the people in charge, and took control over the country, anything else dosnt work long term.
    Terror people never back down from.
    The idea of terrorism either it be Islamic al quida, or just a political statement dosnt matter, it just dosnt work.
    The only thing it does are to draw resources that could be much more useful elsewhere, for food, medicine and curing cancer.
    It's not really possible to take over a welfare state like that lol and thank God for that.

I agree with you on that it does draw resources. Thieves in Oslo have had a very fun weekend, due to the lack of police force in Oslo...
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Chumbucket843 View Post
    funny, most people i know (US citizen) in a way feel honored that people from all parts of the world choose to come here to learn and work here when it comes to skilled labor like being a doctor or professor. on the other side a lot of people do not like the immigrants who are taking the minimum wage jobs. go figure.
    The US is different- the very ideals that the country is built upon, and the vibrancy of current society that people don't want to change. It's also huge enough that if you feel threatened, you can just move somewhere else and start all over again lol. From an outsider's POV I think the US struggles more internally- even topics like race/class and its associated discrimination aren't quite subdued yet, though it's getting better.

As for Anders, I mean if he gets out after 21 years, who's to say he won't get lynch mobbed?
    I don't think Norway wants to even change any bit. Not the maximum years, not enabling capital punishment, not even stricter gun control laws.
    Their current stance is quite firm- they're holding ground and not allowing terror to reshape what their country stands for.

Cue applause.
    Quote Originally Posted by radaja View Post
    so are they launching BD soon or a comic book?

He can also be charged with crimes against humanity, which means 30 years. That said, he will never be a free man again.

I am Xtreme
    This guy will get to get out and kill a bunch more of you in a couple decades while he is still young enough to do so and probably will have learned a few tricks and even built up a support system. If he killed ABOUT 80 people that is six months or so for each life.
    Last edited by DarthBeavis; 07-26-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Imagine Utoya being in Texas..

..result of incident would be probably following:

5 dead, 4 victims, one attacker, if he even would made it that far..

Gun control laws has everything to do with control and nothing to do with guns.

Considering Oslo having more rape cases than NYC, if I was female there, I would think even about illegal gun. Or moving away ASAP. If you wonder why its that way, well.. just Google it. And if you wonder what it has to do with whole case, you can Google that too. Its very interesting and very sad reading..

I dont say I like USA too much, but you know, if you dont have gun, you can die by gun. But if you have gun, you have at least chance..
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    This guy will get to get out and kill a bunch more of you in a couple decades while he is still young enough to do so and probably will have learned a few tricks and even built up a support system. If he killed ABOUT 80 people that is six months or so for each life.
    Dude, please read...
    First of all; Most of us are not Norwegian here...
    Second; He will never be let out again... The amount of years on his convictions means shift.... He will never get out 14 or 140, same... They simply wont let him get out ever again, he will die behind bars.
    Competition ranking;

Spectating;

Quote Originally Posted by Mescalamba View Post
    Considering Oslo having more rape cases than NYC, if I was female there, I would think even about illegal gun. Or moving away ASAP. If you wonder why its that way, well.. just Google it. And if you wonder what it has to do with whole case, you can Google that too. Its very interesting and very sad reading..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rHF...mbedded#at=118

I dont say I like USA too much, but you know, if you dont have gun, you can die by gun. But if you have gun, you have at least chance..
    So does Texans shoot at bomb explosions, and equipt their teenage kids guns when they're on summer camp?

I honestly don't think it would have been different, if it had happened in Texas.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.

Xtreme Addict
    Imagine Utoya being in Texas..

..result of incident would be probably following:

5 dead, 4 victims, one attacker, if he even would made it that far..

Gun control laws has everything to do with control and nothing to do with guns.

I don't buy this argument at all and am completely in favour of disallowing guns entirely from the public.

The solution to illegal weapon importing is not to legalise weapon importing and ownership.
    -

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast