Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Danger Den DreamFlex Tubing

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropluszero View Post
    Friends don't let friends use hobby knives and scissors to cut tube. Lol
    While scissors don't work to cleanly cut tube, the kind of tool provided in this package usually does the job pretty well, so only a pedantic friend wouldn't let one use it.
    Crosshair IV Formula
    Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7G
    6950~>6970 @ 900/1300
    4 x 2G Ballistix 1333 CL6
    C300 64G
    Corsair TX 850W
    CM HAF 932

Xtreme Member
    I can't believe no one mentioned the logo!
    It is very nice, clean and simple, and this is coming from a graphic designer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i3 530 @ 4.2 ghz, evga FTW, 4 gig gskill trident @ 1600 6-8-6-24, XFX 4870 1gb, corsair 620hx, 2 x kinston 64gig ssd raid0, 300 gig Velociraptor, 2Tb WD green,
    Tagan black pearl (lian-li v2000)
    Water: mcp655, mcr320 with ultra kazes, GTZ, mcr60, micro-res,
    black primochill, bitspower comp. fittings
    Quote Originally Posted by Afghan Mac View Post
    We'll spend a few hundred bucks because the color isn't quite right. We have no qualms voiding warranties on a thousand dollar item the day we get it.

Xtreme Addict
    I need clear!!! :-) Is the second picture clear or uv blue?
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Member
    no 1/4" ID, 3/8" OD love again

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dope_chaud View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned the logo!
    It is very nice, clean and simple, and this is coming from a graphic designer.
    I mentioned it, Rocky did it. It IS awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    I am actually going to be adding three other sizes including the 1/4" ID and several other colors with each new batch. Will take a few months but we will get there.

Rebellion
    Hey

Any News on a uk suplier?
    Really Would love a pack :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfool View Post
    Just curious, what use does such small tubing have, really? Sounds like a major flow killer, like using a straw for your tubing.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebellion View Post
    Awww

Cost me more to ship them to me than they cost to buy
    Ditto!
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    Wow, that looks great. Although, since my fittings cost way to much money, I won't be switching from 7/16 id / 5/8 od.. even though my tubing should be thicker.. 3/16th thick tubing... but it looks great. Even better turns than lrt. If they start making 7/16.. i'll buy for sure.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avddreamr View Post
    Wow, that looks great. Although, since my fittings cost way to much money, I won't be switching from 7/16 id / 5/8 od.. even though my tubing should be thicker.. 3/16th thick tubing... but it looks great. Even better turns than lrt. If they start making 7/16.. i'll buy for sure.
    All I use and recommend is 7/16" ID / 11/16" OD Tygon. Fits so much more securely than 1/2" ID on 1/2" fittings, regardless of clamp style. On 1/2" tubing it's way too easy to tighten a clamp around one of the barbs on a barbed fitting and have it slip between the barbs, generating a leak. I used to use two herbie clamps per fitting on soft 1/2" tubing but 7/16" does the job so much better.

3/16" wall is fine if your loop has graceful bends, or if you use 45/90 degree fittings, which I don't like to use in high flow loops, so I prefer the 1/8" wall.

WS

Xtreme Addict
    Actually 7/16 id 5/8 od is 3/32 inch wall thickness, ie thinner than 1/8 inch thickness of 3/8id 5/8od and 7/16 id 11/16 od. (Wall thickness is OD-ID x 1/2, since measuring width whole tubing, ie walls measured twice), chart. 1/8 inch thick is what you want for tight bends without kinking, I dont like anything thinner, but just my preference, and typically you wont find anything thicker in tubing sizes we use.

Awesome looking tubing, I will be getting the 3/8id 5/8od (1/8 inch thick) for my next build, and I assume this stuff is plasticizer free since for water cooling.
    Last edited by rge; 08-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BoxGods View Post
    Before I forget--

Attachment 117984

Special thanks to Rocky for the killer logo and all his help with the package artwork...you know the hottie in the red dress that distracted you...yeah, that was Rocky's work...
    So bends like this are possible out of the box? And wont sack together over time while in use?
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Enthusiast
    dude that's computer generated....
    If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig
    you know you're addicted to watercooling when:
    Quote Originally Posted by Onoff312 View Post
    You started with a $200-400 budget and have ended up spending over $1000-2000

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by penguins View Post
    dude that's computer generated....
    Well duh.. its the only pic that show any kind of bends.

Why bother with the hassle of thick walled tubing like this, if it bends like all other tubing readily available world wide? Just trying to see what makes this special, thats all
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Addict
    The DF "picture" is a logo done by Rocky and is not to show the wall thickness or bend radius...it's just the logo that is on the package. The wall thickness is the industry standard 1/8" or 3mm. If I altered the wall thickness all the different brands of barbs and compressions on the market would not fit and everyone would be mad at me 0.o

Before someone posts to tell me that 1/8" wall thickness is not the ONLY standard I meant the standard for the heavy wall variety of course. The 1/16" will also be coming to market. There will also be a tube and cutter only kit, a barbs and clamps in a six or 8 pack kit, and a new compression fitting I designed in a 6 or 8 pack kit that I hope will bring down the price of compressions a little as a "bulk" type buy for builders.

Xtreme Addict
    Little update. Checked the tracking and it shows arrival in Portland at Danger Den Friday August 19th. US Resellers (Performance PC's and Frozen CPU etc.) Should have it by about August 26th.

I am Xtreme
    I still have some of the original Primochill Nightmare Flex around here somewhere . . . .man that stuff sucked hard. Worst water-cooling tubing evar
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    I still have some of the original Primochill Nightmare Flex around here somewhere . . . .man that stuff sucked hard. Worst water-cooling tubing evar
    The silicon tubing they sold in the early 2000's or is this something older? I loved their silicon tubing, except for the fact that it got super effing dusty. I bought a 100 foot roll of the 1/2ID 3/4OD stuff on eBay 7-8 years ago. Lasted me for ages.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    The silicon tubing they sold in the early 2000's or is this something older? I loved their silicon tubing, except for the fact that it got super effing dusty. I bought a 100 foot roll of the 1/2ID 3/4OD stuff on eBay 7-8 years ago. Lasted me for ages.
    that damned stuff that was the consistency of gummy worms. Back before Primochill filed bankruptcy at Voyeur Mods when Danger Den used to sell their tubing and coolants. Knowing the history of different companies and their relationships makes this new product stuff fun to watch from the sidelines . . .
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    Behave now

More choices is good for modding and makes everyone elevate their products and designs.

That reminds me. While I was developing Dream Flex I ended up testing hundreds of feet of PVC tubing and one thing I for sure would like to improve on is that PVC smell. I have scented tube all ready to go but the consensus was that the market might not like that. By scented I mean a very mild and pleasant scent like bubblegum for the blue tube, strawberry for the red etc. Not super strong like a car freshener type smell. You would have to get pretty close to the tube to even smell it--the point is more that it does not have that PVC shower curtain smell. Spent a month getting the black to have a nice coffee bean smell and got vetoed at the very end.

So what do you guys think about lightly scented tube to get rid of the PVC smell? I might add it to a little of the next run as a sort of market test if there is any interest.

I am Xtreme
    Wait, you are serious? I'm always down for scented computers.
    Last edited by lowfat; 08-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Wait, you are serious? I'm always done for scented computers.
    See...I guess that is why I got vetoed lol. My thinking was if it does not add any cost to the tube to make it not smell like a PVC shower curtain why not? The question I got was "what if the customer doesn't like the smell however slight of strawberries or bubblegum or w/e?".
    Last edited by BoxGods; 08-13-2011 at 11:23 AM. Reason: spelling

I am Xtreme
    the pvc smell is from recycled condoms from north/south america, asia, and europe, south pole and north pole.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Does this stuff scale (turn white on the inside) over time? How long?

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Addict
    It is anti-microbial so if your not running "hard" water there should never be any scaling I would think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast