Thread: Removing dust from open stand / bench MB?

I am Xtreme

Question Removing dust from open stand / bench MB?

OK, so I've run my PC as an open stand / bench type rig for a while.
    Horizontal mobo, nothing above it to protect it from the dust.
    Now I am planning to move it back into a case, and I want a nice and neat setup without dust.
    The question is, what's the best way to clean up all the dust? There is also some between various components, and there may be actually some inside slots as well, not sure how to efficiently clean it up...
    Thoughts, help, suggestions?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Compressed air.

Asus Sabertooth TUF Z87 - Intel Core I7-4770S - GEIL EVO Veloce 2x8GB 1866MHz - MSI R9 280X OC
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 - Corsair AX760 - Samsung 830-128GB - Auzentech Forte 7.1
    WaterKEG Extreme III - BitsPower modded MCP655 - Swiftech Apogee XT v2 - Swiftech MCW82 - Custom 280X heatsink

Dell Studio 1555: 15" Full HD screen -Intel P8600 - HD4570
    2x4GB 1600MHz - Samsung 830 128GB - Backlit keyboard mod
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB - Surface Touch Cover 2

Denon AVR1713 - Denon DCD1015 - Philips BDP3380/12 | Bowers & Wilkins VM1 - Boston Acoustics ASW250

Xtreme Addict
    Use compressed air and a horse hair brush. Or just run it under the sink and scrub it with a tooth brush. Worked for me!
    Boy that info was old. As am I. Currently my kids have taken over my desktops. They are both sporting matching GTX1080's. Last Christmas I got everyone Oculuses and thus GTX1080's. My eldest is some sort of CSGO champion gold label something or other. Me I work and shoot real guns. Build Comps as needed.