Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leaked Battlefield 3 ALFA footage

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    As for the commanders in BF2, only needed in comptetive play? LOL sigh I give up, not gonna bother arguing with you.
    I didn't say competitive play was the only place it was useful I said it was the only place it was routinely used well. Hell the only really innovative part of the whole commander was at its least useful, if not downright useless in competitive play. The whole orders thing was kinda unnecessary when your whole team is using an external voice com system. This was also its biggest weak point in public play, a bad commander that gave stupid orders was infinitely worse than no commander at all, and there were so many more bad ones than good ones that unless you KNEW the guy was good you just tuned out his orders completely. As for the other features you could have easily given squad leaders the ability to call in a UAV, supply box, or HMMWV for his squad and a BC2 like system for the artillery calls. Both of which would have made for better game play than some dud sitting in the middle of nowhere playing Battlefield:RTS, or god forbid trying to fly a plane or drive a tank while doing it.

How about you stop making yourself look like a EA forums sperglord who wants the commander because ugg ugg bf2 good ugg ugg bc2 bad ugg ugg, and i don't know maybe try and explain why you think its a compelling feature that deserves to be reimplemented.

And as for me not playing the alpha, yeah so what? but I been following BF3 ever since the fake realeased specs sheet "leaked" YEARS ago which im sure you dont even know what is.
    You mean the one from like 07 that talked about FrostbiteDX10, 88 player servers, a 08 launch, and the Bahgdad Burning map? I've been a hardcore BF player since the Tobruk sp demo launched, there isn't much about the series I haven't seen.

So before you go on trying to discredit me cause I havent played alpha, plz. Ive seen enough footage of it, if the alpha players say it feels more like BF2 then Ill beleive them, that is the one thing I cant judge cause I havent played it. But after seeing GUI and practically same layout...... that I can judge and if your gonna deny that the GUI doesnt look like an updated version of BC2 then.......
    The HUD doesn't just look like BC2 other than some changes to the location of some of the elements it IS the BC2 GUI, bu since it is the polished version of that GUI that isn't a bad thing, visually the BC2 HUD is one of the best the series has seen. But even that doesn't mean it is going to stay that way, the BC2 HUD changed DRAMATICALLY from the last pre-beta vids we got to what it was when beta started.
    Last edited by jkr266; 08-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    a bad commander is not as bad as a bad squad leader.
    you have many more bad sl's then commanders so by that logic you should take out sl's too. lol

no one should have to be told or splained why commanders...are well...commanders.
    maybe this if you never seen it before.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUD9zaCaSqk

Quote Originally Posted by cowie View Post
    you have many more bad sl's then commanders so by that logic you should take out sl's too. lol
    I don't agree that a bad SL is worse than a bad commander by any stretch of the imagination, but at least with a bad SL I can join another squad, not much you can do about a bad commander but put a vote kick on him and hope that 1. It goes through, and 2. the next guy is any better.

no one should have to be told or splained why commanders...are well...commanders.
    Did you seriously just link me to one of the bf2 trailers, that had basically no commander in it, and showed gameplay that bore basically zero resemblance to how the actual ame went down as an explanation for why the commander was awesome? Seriously, what the hell, I know what the commander was, what it did, I pre-ordered bf2, I built a brand new top of line computer to play it, and have hundreds of hours under my belt playing it as well as all the expansions for it. I don't need you to explain why the commander was the commander, I know that very well thank you, what I want is for someone, anyone, either here or on one of the other forums I am having a similar debate to at least ATTEMPT to tell me WHY they thing the commander is so awesome, but so far the only response I can get anywhere is "The commander was awesome as hell, yo, why they take it out."

Xtreme Addict
    well i normally dont apply to be commander but i like being the "eye in the sky" and spotting everything for my troops once in awhile.
    first off i guess now since i know you played alot of bf2(i did not know before hence the vid)
    three main things the commader is good for
    spotting enemys
    supply/veh.
    arti.
    which is alot of what is needed for open conquest styled maps in bf2.
    other things like finding..
    highlining bailers
    then you have the one last on the other team thats on our carrier camping....

i think even a decent team with a decent commander can beat a good team without one.
    on the other hand a good commander cant help a crappy non teamplay team.
    i want to be in the thick of it or i would be commander more often since i play on alot of no fighting commanders servers.

but dont mind me when bf2 was coming out i was not liking it either sorta like this but other stuff.
    i might have 1500 hrs in this one to you never know?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowie View Post

wow that,s like watching a old family movie on old film ,can't believe the stir of excitement.
    MVF WC ||3770k-KL370||CM932||AX1200||580 sli -EK||
    3XMCR320\w655 EK[basement]||w655 EK[HAF932] || VL4N||MR||2xfan controllers || 9 x S-Flex F -[rads]
    8gb Trident 2400||Samsung S27A850D||Win7HP-64||2x120gb G2 R0 OS||2x150Vraptors R0-backup|| G15,G13||G9x
    PC sound>forte analog>Yamaha 765>4xPSB alpha B1>alpha C1>10" sub [very clean sound].+sens PC360

Quote Originally Posted by jkr266 View Post
    I didn't say competitive play was the only place it was useful I said it was the only place it was routinely used well. Hell the only really innovative part of the whole commander was at its least useful, if not downright useless in competitive play. The whole orders thing was kinda unnecessary when your whole team is using an external voice com system. This was also its biggest weak point in public play, a bad commander that gave stupid orders was infinitely worse than no commander at all, and there were so many more bad ones than good ones that unless you KNEW the guy was good you just tuned out his orders completely. As for the other features you could have easily given squad leaders the ability to call in a UAV, supply box, or HMMWV for his squad and a BC2 like system for the artillery calls. Both of which would have made for better game play than some dud sitting in the middle of nowhere playing Battlefield:RTS, or god forbid trying to fly a plane or drive a tank while doing it.

How about you stop making yourself look like a EA forums sperglord who wants the commander because ugg ugg bf2 good ugg ugg bc2 bad ugg ugg, and i don't know maybe try and explain why you think its a compelling feature that deserves to be reimplemented.

You mean the one from like 07 that talked about FrostbiteDX10, 88 player servers, a 08 launch, and the Bahgdad Burning map? I've been a hardcore BF player since the Tobruk sp demo launched, there isn't much about the series I haven't seen.

The HUD doesn't just look like BC2 other than some changes to the location of some of the elements it IS the BC2 GUI, bu since it is the polished version of that GUI that isn't a bad thing, visually the BC2 HUD is one of the best the series has seen. But even that doesn't mean it is going to stay that way, the BC2 HUD changed DRAMATICALLY from the last pre-beta vids we got to what it was when beta started.
    Ok, all I can tell you is that I disagree. Commanders are essential, especially with 64 or more ppl.
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123