Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaked Battlefield 3 ALFA footage

Xtreme Enthusiast

Leaked Battlefield 3 ALFA footage

Some leaked footage

Love will tear us apart
    If you haven't received an alpha invite email try logging in with your EA account at bf3alpha.battlefield.com. Worked for me an a couple others but not everyone.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Gameplay looks like it might be fun overall, but there's some things I'm concerned about.

1. I don't like what appears to be heavy motion blur and smoke pixelation in some of those shots.
    2. The tunnel maps combine bright and very dark spots, making it hard to see with or without night vision.
    3. Outdoors there's an over use of bloom, and the lighting pulses in spots.
    4. First person view down the barrel (while carrying vs aiming) and weapon bob while moving look unrealistic

Numbers 2 & 3 made me wonder if the lighting is as bad as BFBC2 sp, where some maps look too bright in certain areas outdoors, and too dark in many building interiors.

In the above vids much of the fighting looks chaotically blind, where the player is firing into dark shadows of tunnels or smoke screens in the distance outdoors, hoping he hits something. Stealth attacks look OK, but that one vid didn't really show a disarm as claimed. It was merely another stealth knife attack from behind, then he picked up the weapon off the corpse. Disarming is when you take a weapon away from a live enemy.

The weapon sound is great, I'm just not convinced I'll be blown away by the graphics. Proportionally the assault rifle when looking down the barrel from the player's point of view looks distorted and unrealistic. The weapon movement while moving is an overly fast, scripted animation, making the weapon appear to have no weight and the player to have no fatigue. These along with the heavy bloom, light pulsing, and what appear to be slightly blurred textures in places combine for an unpolished arcade look in some spots in an otherwise decent looking game.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 07-28-2011 at 12:54 PM.

the game was only in DX10, with most of the graphics features disabled, also you were not allowed to change any settings or key settings, so im guessing we will have to wait until closed beta, before we give any gfx criticisms
    its quite a old build maybe 2 months old, some of the stuff that people found rubbish in the alpha has been removed, or changed
    people have been saying that the alpha feels more like BF:BC3 rather than BF3
    also the alpha ends on sunday

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK, I guess that's more encouraging. I just think it's confusing they came out with some beautiful trailer demos, albeit some with more bloom than I'd like in spots, then we see these really poor mp test vids. Whenever something like that happens I worry the trailers are better than what we'll see in game with the final product.

I agree with you, Frag Maniac. If it can improve the night vision, maybe cen make the players' experience better.

aye, completely agree also, but this alpha build was only meant to test for multiplayer bugs, like server crashes ect, wasnt meant to be testing gfx/ gfx features/settings, i just hope that DICE make the closed beta full featured with all DX11 and gfx settings

Xtreme Addict
    Just received an Alpha Trial invitation a few minutes ago.

Does it really end Sunday? If so, I'm going to be playing all day tomorrow. My internet won't be set up in my new apartment until sometime after 6PM tonight, and I'll need to download the game.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Xtreme Addict
    Had a chance to try it for about an hour. Feels like a more refined BC2. Has the potential to be a lot more intense and the software dsp is the best I've heard by far, quite impressive. Obviously given its current state and limitations its unfair to pass too much judgement but it has quite a lot going for it so i'm looking forward to its release
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    I played the alpha build of dues ex human revolution a month or two ago, the graphics were decent, the voiced dialog system was pretty nifty, but I was disappointed at how retarded/ simple the AI's were (easily beat the demo in hardest mode) but that was months before the release date, and I cant let my opinion of the alpha get in the way of how the finished product will be. same goes here with Battlefield 3, I'm not impressed at all with any of the leaked alpha videos, But I'll still be purchasing the game, These companies make people sign NDA's for a reason, Alpha versions are always horrible, even beta versions for that matter.
    DJ Falcone 2x Technics SL1200 MK5, Behringer DJX750 Mixer, Alienware m17 laptop.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looking phenomenal! Cant wait. Although I will be playing Hardcore Mode 95% of the time. I've been following these guys leaking the ALPHA footage closely the last week.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Member
    Played it for about an hour yesterday and I cant wait. Graphics were really amazing. Map was pretty sweet. Got me excited again to play the final game.
    Intel I7 920 (4.2ghz)
    EVGA x58 Classified 760
    Asus 580 DC2
    Corsair Dominator GT 6gb
    256gb SSD

Xtreme Addict
    It looks a lot like a Bad Company 3 but it doesn't really look like the next Battlefield 2.
    Just my humble opinion.

By the way, why do they call it an alpha? It looks like a beta. Stupid marketing.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The problem with the term "Alpha" is it can have a broad range of graphical polish and feature implementation because unlike beta, which is a mere testing phase after the Alpha work is done, the codebase itself is in the process of being finished. Thus while in Alpha stage, it can look both bad and good along the way. We won't really know much until it hits the Beta stage.

BF3=BC2 1.5 instead of a true sequel to the real battlefield which was BF2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Maniac View Post
    The problem with the term "Alpha" is it can have a broad range of graphical polish and feature implementation because unlike beta, which is a mere testing phase after the Alpha work is done, the codebase itself is in the process of being finished. Thus while in Alpha stage, it can look both bad and good along the way. We won't really know much until it hits the Beta stage.
    There is less than 3 months until release though. Not much is going to change in the visuals department. In the bugs, polish and refinement areas though, much will change from information gathered through the Alpha & Beta.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maņo View Post
    It looks a lot like a Bad Company 3 but it doesn't really look like the next Battlefield 2.
    Just my humble opinion.

By the way, why do they call it an alpha? It looks like a beta. Stupid marketing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    BF3=BC2 1.5 instead of a true sequel to the real battlefield which was BF2
    I dont understand, is it supposed to look exactly like BF2? Its been 6 years. Things change and evolve. Get used to it.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

of the Strawhat crew.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCarLessDriven View Post
    There is less than 3 months until release though. Not much is going to change in the visuals department. In the bugs, polish and refinement areas though, much will change from information gathered through the Alpha & Beta.
    From playing the alpha I got the feeling that the "High" setting wasn't even close to what the game will really look like when it's done. (In Alpha you could only select low/med/high for the visual settings.) So that's one way the game could possibly improve graphics wise from the alpha to the finished product.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Oh yeah, only DX9 is available in the ALPHA, we know that. (and limited visual options) So obviously yes the game will look better in DX11. But I meant from a technical standpoint, the videos we have seen of DX11 will look 99% the same in 2 months time.
    Last edited by TheCarLessDriven; 07-31-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

I dont understand, is it supposed to look exactly like BF2? Its been 6 years. Things change and evolve. Get used to it.
    Exactly, you dont understand. None of us hardcore BF2 players want it to be and look exactly like BF2. What would like to see, are commanders, squad leaders, 6 man squads again, more player classes instead of the same 4 as in BC2, SELECTABLE knifves and grenades, tanks that were like in BF2 with smoke and turrent at same time and not having to do a trade off for one or the other. And for the love of god, remove n00b CoD hardcore mode,they obviously implented HC mode into BC2 to content the CoD n00bs who came to battlefield. Dont want vanilla either, where it takes a whole clip to kill one guy.... they need to make it like BF2 where its a perfect balance.

In the end what we want is the best of BOTH worlds, not 90% BC2 with only 10% of BF2.
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest

Xtreme Cruncher
    Man you people cry so much. First the Alpha isn't even close to what is coming out minus the map and secondly I was a huge BF2 player I bought it the day it came out and just recently stopped playing it. This game is a great game even in its alpha version, definitely can not wait to see the final product.
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Member
    I want so much a invite
    How to be Xtreme with so little money ?

2600k@5ghz 16GB 1600 Gskill 8GBRLX GTX 480 SLi Corsair 1200w
    Lsi 9260-8i + 8 1tb Samsung HD103sj on RAID0 (yes im crazy and i have good airflow for those)

Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    Man you people cry so much. First the Alpha isn't even close to what is coming out minus the map and secondly I was a huge BF2 player I bought it the day it came out and just recently stopped playing it. This game is a great game even in its alpha version, definitely can not wait to see the final product.
    Ok be honest plz. But considering your a BF2 vet and now have tried the BF3 alpha, do you honestly think its better then BF2, forget about frostbite 2, I know that is in fact a good thing, but consider what they have removed or added to gameplay and tell me if you think we were better off with BF2.

Ohh and btw, plz tell me this game is at least gonna have working VOIP.....
    CPU: Phenom II X4 940
    HSF: Rocketfish POS
    Mobo: DFI/Sapphire Pure 790X
    RAM: Mushkin 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2 1066@400mhz (5-5-5-18)
    HDD1: Velociraptor 150GB
    HDD2/3: WD Caviar Blue 250GB/Seagate Barracuda 160GB
    Optical: Pioneer 215D
    Video: Asus 6950 2GB
    Audio: X-Fi Fatality Professonal
    Misc: Logitech G15/G5/Razer Piranha
    Case/PSU: TT Dokker/TT Toughpower XT 775W
    Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster BX2235
    Drivers: Newest

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Exactly, you dont understand. None of us hardcore BF2 players want it to be and look exactly like BF2. What would like to see, are commanders, squad leaders, 6 man squads again, more player classes instead of the same 4 as in BC2, SELECTABLE knifves and grenades, tanks that were like in BF2 with smoke and turrent at same time and not having to do a trade off for one or the other. And for the love of god, remove n00b CoD hardcore mode,they obviously implented HC mode into BC2 to content the CoD n00bs who came to battlefield. Dont want vanilla either, where it takes a whole clip to kill one guy.... they need to make it like BF2 where its a perfect balance.

In the end what we want is the best of BOTH worlds, not 90% BC2 with only 10% of BF2.

how do you know there is no Commander mode? they have not revelaed whats taking the place of commander mode yet. How do you know theres no SL? And wtf is wrong with a hardcore mode?

Plus they have only revealed the RUSH mode. Or is that the only mode there will be?
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well that's why I was a bit skeptical given the nice look of the previous demo trailers and the lesser look of this by comparison. Beta testing alone can take 3 months. I doubt their applying the full graphical nuances for these online gameplay tests though. Given how much better the trailers looked, I'm sure it will look a lot better than this. Just seems to be getting close as far as the deadline for the Alpha to still look like this. Sure hope it runs smooth enough once the graphics are at full capability. Otherwise we're going to see all the patchwork go into the mp and anything the sp needs may be left hanging.

You have to grade on a curve though anymore. There's just so many crap games being made that even if the final product is anywhere near what the trailers look like, it will still be well above the average game being put out these days.
    Last edited by Frag Maniac; 08-01-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast