Thread: MSI N580GTX Lightning OCP Mod

MSI N580GTX Lightning OCP Mod

Hey,

after a lot of questions for a OCP Mod of the MSI GTX 580 Lightning I decided to make a thread here.
    The Mod is allready public since a long time! If you know where to search you will find it here in XS in the MSI Lightning Thread at the Xtreme 3D Section.

The appreciation for this mod is not mine!

Giogrioprimo asked MSI and posted the resistors to change here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post4814158 (MSI Lightning Thread Page 7)

Massman have seen this and he got a Light over his head that this realy looks like the ASUS DCUII OCP Mod, so he tryed to do the same with the resistors on the Lightning and it works and OCP was disabled totally.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post4815099
    (MSI Lightning Thread Page 8)

you see after some reading into the matter you will found the mod but I don't want you guys to blame for don't read 16 Pages of MSI Lightning Thread

But please guys to me one favor! Just do the OCP Mod if you have seen the OCP Kicking in and want to get more out of your card!
    OCP Means, Black Screen (not Grey, not Blue, not Yellow or other Colors)
    JUST and I mean JUST a Black Screen is OCP coz if OCP kicks in the Voltage of the GPU goes to 0.00V and there is no more any Voltage on the card what can bring any colored picture to the Display.
    You can also check with a multimeter if there is Still GPU Voltage.

DISCLAIMER: I'AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE MOD GOES WRONG, AND DOING HARDMOD WILL KILL YOUR WARRANTY. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

so here is the easy Guide Pic for the MSI GTX 580 Lightning OCP Mod, use conductive paint or solder a bridge to short them.

picture of www.techpowerup.com

I am Xtreme
    mod works...

thanks to massman for shorting and testing and sharing....

1475mhz is doable ..full pot..cracking pot...lol

fixed pot
    Last edited by Hondacity; 07-17-2011 at 11:24 PM.

take me to the manbar
    lol honda.

mod works! pot cracks! gg!

thanks kabouter

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Thanks for bringing this mod into the public!!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

take me to the manbar
    it was always public k404 haha

Wanna look under my kilt?
    "The Mod is allready public since a long time! If you know where to search you will find it here in XS in the MSI Lightning Thread at the Xtreme 3D Section."

LOL fail. Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Colombian OCer
    I used electrical paint, and works like a charm, now deal with the fvcking TIM cracking everytime, i used ic diamond and in my test works better than OCZ freeze (i have run 15x0 full pot bench but i pour it very energic ahahaha and i got CB in the last test)
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

I am Xtreme
    energic hahahah thats so funny ..nice 1590

Colombian OCer
    You are wrong 1599 :P
    MSI Master Overclocking Arena 2009 Latam Champion / Gigabyte GOOC 2010 Latin America finals Champion

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-Killer View Post
    You are wrong 1599 :P
    :gasp: !

That is a crazy OC. I thought that the Lightning had a switch to disable OCP etc on the back of it with the rest of the switches. Apparently not, will have to look into this when I find myself in possession of a 580lightning

Colombian OCer
    lol only in my wet dreams ill get the card that high. but 1520+ is doable