Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want something new!

Xtreme Member
    They think that Sony is going to use a 3MOS sensor (Foveon style). I'm super concerned now.
    2600K + Sabertooth + 560Ti

Xtreme Addict
    Sony will make another FF, thats pretty sure. Probably high mpix FF with EVF (30+ mpix). Nothing I would like though, but I guess many will appreciate that..

NEX with FF would be nice.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Cruncher
    NEX with FF will be VERY nice, but they will have to make new e-mount lenses for that. Too much hassle.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    I've been looking at Sony lenses on DXO mark. They get some pretty high scores in LPM and CA. I wonder if these lenses are going to be better suited for the higher megapixel cameras that are going to be coming out this fall.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I heard their Zeiss primes are the best in the segment. The 85mm/1.4 and the 135mm/1.8 are better than their L counterpart.

By the way, just saw the A99 specs. Looks crazy!
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Member
    The 135 is above Rokkor class glass. The 85 is great but Sigma has the best 85 out right now. Lindsey Adler (Fashion photographer) used to use Canon 85's but now she switched to the Sigma (Not just because she is sponsored by them).

I am Xtreme
    1ke - shoot raw, use photoshop raw tools to reduce the noise and then sharpen.
    but the pen series does have noise even at iso 100 but it shouldnt be THAT noticeable.

here is one i took with the E-PL1 with the 14-42 kit lens (a pretty sharp lens) at ISO 3200, used adobe raw to reduce the noise and then resharpen.
    yup ISO 3200!
    my sole purpose of this shot was to test sharpness and noise.
    the grey plastic on the mouse is a metal flake like plastic so there is a degree of graininess to it already.
    sure there is some extra grain around the picture also from ISO 3200 but the PEN series has a very very "loose" raw file and there is a ton of headroom in them so you can correct alot of noise and sharpness

Last edited by Lestat; 07-20-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    Still too noisy for my tastes. I really like the camera but its quality is not up to making prints.

BTW, you either got a dirty mouse or 2 dust spots on your sensor.

I am Xtreme
    dirty mouse lol

and yeah the PEN series is far from great its why i returned mine. i have seen, as many of us have, better noise handling out of point and shoots but the raw files do have alot of headrom in it.
    and you know you wouldnt see that much noise in a print unless you printed a macro.

the only appeal was adapting old lenses but its too small and a real pain to use with any type of adapted or longer lens.
    i took mine back and dont regret it

my hands actually hurt trying to hold and use the camera
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Very off-topic question, but what is that mouse? Seems very familiar to me..

And yes, you are right, RAW + denoising in PP works wonders. Unfortunate thing is, that E-P1 is like "apply denoise on every photo". Its even worse than my old G1..

E-PL1 is somehow improved, at least at FW side of things and it looked to me, that it has bit less chroma. Maybe same sensor, but better FW cleaning I guess. Btw. you cant switch off NR completely on Olympus (and probably neither on Panasonic.. at least not in G3).
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    I think I'll buy the next FF Sony. If it doesn't look all that awesome, then I'll pick up an a77 or its Nikon equivalent (Probably D400)

I am Xtreme
    100% agree,, denoise every photo... pain in the butt

the mouse is the microsoft natural wireless 6000 i love it because it allows your hand to stay in the natural slightly turned state.
    a little odd at first but you very quickly learn to love it.

Heat Ebay Feedback

I am Xtreme
    1ke i wouldnt do sony man... sorry,, i just wouldnt...
    its not that great.. its like getting the Sigma SD15/14 .. total poop in my eyes
    its iso performance is subpar especially for a full frame, and there is noise at 200
    its big heavy and zeiss glass aint cheap

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    The Nikon camera that will be FF will undoubtedly by 3.5x more expensive
    -I'd just buy the Sigma stuff. Sadly its better than most of the Sony lineup except the 135 CZ and 300 2.8 (Only cause Sigma's sucks)
    -Sony's newest sensor is ISO spectacular. That's what's in the D7000 and K-5 and is getting all the rave reviews.
    Too bad Canon is keeping their mouths shut about the 5D M III
    Last edited by 1ke; 07-20-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ke View Post
    The Nikon camera that will be FF will undoubtedly by 3.5x more expensive
    -I'd just buy the Sigma stuff. Sadly its better than most of the Sony lineup except the 135 CZ and 300 2.8 (Only cause Sigma's sucks)
    -Sony's newest sensor is ISO spectacular. That's what's in the D7000 and K-5 and is getting all the rave reviews.
    Too bad Canon is keeping their mouths shut about the 5D M III
    Yes, I believe the sensor in the A580 is the same as the one in the D5100 / D7000 if not very similar
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 07-22-2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    D5100, D7000, K-5, A55 and A580 all use the same Sony sensor (BTW its amazing!)

Xtreme Member
    I think I'll just buy the newest high speed Canon or Nikon when it comes out. I'm leaning more towards the Nikon because I can't stand white lenses.

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    I can see her nipple in that photo O.o

Why do you go for a small camera, get a good dslr cam and get a good light-weighted bag for it, one that makes it easy for you to pick your camera up.
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

Xtreme Member
    I got a Retrospective 5. I'd buy a good DSLR if one came my way (Good also includes a good deal).

Copenhagen, teh capital village of the World. Hillerød, Malmö
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ke View Post
    I got a Retrospective 5. I'd buy a good DSLR if one came my way (Good also includes a good deal).
    I was lucky I got a Canon EOS 1000D with an 18-55mm lens for about only 675usd.. it was on sale ^^ The picture quality is very good and it has dSLR <3
    *Gape & Ponder*

(\_/) This is Bunny.
    (+.+) Bunny is dead.
    (^ ^) Copy and paste Bunny into your sig to create an army of BUNNY ZOMBIE MINIONS!!!

I am Xtreme
    ike ever thought about doing film? medium format?
    the mamiya top down view finder cameras are pretty cheap.

there is one on PoTN right now with some film and i think an 85mm lens.

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    I don't want to buy all the development equipment. I can get the developed for free but I have no control over how they will turn out. I make it sound like I'm not happy with digital. I just have a busted camera with a busted lens and I wanna buy something else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12