Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Xtreme Member

Cool What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future. Thermaltake is here to support the enthusiast community and we would like to address any issues or concerns you have so that your experience with Thermaltake is excellent and our products will improve to better suit your needs. Please feel free to discuss, comment or provide suggestions as we are here for you and we are willing to work directly with you to assist with any issues that may arise. We have opened a Thermaltake support section in the Thermaltake forums so that you have a place to seek assistance or make suggestions on existing Thermaltake products or what you would like to see from Thermaltake.

Thank you
    Thermaltake Enthusiasts support

c[_]
    Build better heatsinks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Super-Typhoon

... should dig that up and finally get it electro-plated..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Banned Movieman...
    build some good quality water cooling things so you are no longer the laughing stock of the water cooling community and someone else can take your place.

was that a bit harsh?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    A nice full tower affordable water cooling case with place for maybe two large rads..

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Build better heatsinks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-Super-Typhoon

... should dig that up and finally get it electro-plated..

We are constantly working on innovative new designs to blow away the competition weather it be in style or performance. If you have not done so yet please check out the FRIO OCK.

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    build some good quality water cooling things so you are no longer the laughing stock of the water cooling community and someone else can take your place.

was that a bit harsh?
    Not harsh at all we appreciate any feedback as it lets us know what you want. We are working on some new Liquid cooling systems which were hoping will fit your needs quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
    A nice full tower affordable water cooling case with place for maybe two large rads..
    Case design we are working toward usability and aesthetics. I am personally trying to address internal mounting capabilities in future case designs.

Thank you all of you guys for the feedback.

Sorry about the lateness of the replies but I am in Portland hanging out with the gamer crowd at PDXLAN... back to the show.

Administrator
    I really like the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
    Will a Swiftech H20-320 fit up in the top of that case ?

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Tt Enthusiasts View Post
    Not harsh at all we appreciate any feedback as it lets us know what you want. We are working on some new Liquid cooling systems which were hoping will fit your needs quite nicely.
    Things that arent aluminum, pumps that work (or maybe no pumps at all) and blocks that can compete in the high end would nearly be enough to turn things around in itself...

Make kits with Laing pumps, copper rads that perform good enough to work correctly and decent blocks and people would start buying Thermaltake.
    Smile

c[_]
    How about a screw-style pump? Literally an auger in a pipe.

FRIO is ok.. but really its just a Megamalams or true or whatever. A tower cooler. Works fine, but not really going for performance.

Xtreme Member
    R&D the best air cooler ever that will go against - or better them - Silver Arrow/ NHD14 BUT won't take half of the mobo's space.
    I have a bad experience with water so I'd stick to air for the moment

does TT make PSU's?

Xtreme Member
    does TT make PSU's?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the "TOUGHPOWER" series, and "Evo Blue"
    Main* Fractal Define XL - Intel Core i3 2100 - Gigabyte Z68MA D2H B3 - Dominator 4GB - HD 6870 Crossfire - Corsair HX1000 - Stock Cooler - WD 300GB Velociraptor - WD Caviar Black 1TB X2- AOC LED 23inch - ACER LCD 23inch - G500 Mouse - Thermaltake Challenger Keyboard

Netbook* HP Pavilion DM1Z

DEAD****** Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.7 - Rampage lll Formula - Vengance 12GB - GTX 570 SC Sli - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Thermaltake FrioFractal

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duron View Post
    R&D the best air cooler ever that will go against - or better them - Silver Arrow/ NHD14 BUT won't take half of the mobo's space.
    I have a bad experience with water so I'd stick to air for the moment

does TT make PSU's?
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaker` View Post
    does TT make PSU's?
    Yes, the "TOUGHPOWER" series, and "Evo Blue"[/QUOTE]

He is correct, we have PSU lines for every level of user from replacement for a prebuilt or basic home/budget gamer builds all the way to extreme enthusiasts with our Toughpower and Toughpower Grand Series.

Xtreme Member
    How about a screw-style pump? Literally an auger in a pipe.

FRIO is ok.. but really its just a Megamalams or true or whatever. A tower cooler. Works fine, but not really going for performance.
    The auger style pump sounds pretty cool, not sure how it would work in real world usage but I will check that out.

As for the Frio OCK it is one of the top performing air coolers available at this time but as many know I believe we are reaching a tipping point to where air coolers are really reaching their peaks in efficiency and real innovation is the only way to keep from just making coolers bigger and bigger.

Many people compare the Frio OCK to the Megahalems but if you check all tests and reviews out there the Frio OCK Knocks most of the competition out hands down.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Things that arent aluminum, pumps that work (or maybe no pumps at all) and blocks that can compete in the high end would nearly be enough to turn things around in itself...

Make kits with Laing pumps, copper rads that perform good enough to work correctly and decent blocks and people would start buying Thermaltake.
    Please feel free to explain your issues with the pump taht we use presently and I will be happy to address it. We are looking into our design of coolers to ensure that inclusion of corrosion inhibiting materials if mixed metals are used otherwise we take every step we can to avoid mixing metals to eliminate the possibility completely.

c[_]

Like that, in a tube. Use magnetic points to drive it probably. Flighting pitch and length will directly relate to amount of flow or pressure it is capable of producing. Multiple drive motor points would increase reliability if one were to fail.

Also, have you read this thread and associated whitepaper yet? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...atsink-instead

The idea could be applied to water cooling as well.

Xtreme Member
    thanks for the info about those PSU's
    but i can't seem to see a lot of those here in Hong Kongs Sham Shui Po computer center
    will try to do more searching there

any new HSF in the works?

Xtreme Cruncher

Like that, in a tube. Use magnetic points to drive it probably. Flighting pitch and length will directly relate to amount of flow or pressure it is capable of producing. Multiple drive motor points would increase reliability if one were to fail.

Also, have you read this thread and associated whitepaper yet? http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...atsink-instead

The idea could be applied to water cooling as well.

Yeah, you don't want to do this. Efficiency will be super low compared to an impeller design. When we start cooling with mud.. or corn.. then maybe consider it. The most efficient pump that I know of is actually built around a perfectly flat plate with high inertia, it's just not very feasible in real applications.
    upgrading...

Xtreme Member
    Sorry about the lateness of the replies but I am in Portland hanging out with the gamer crowd at PDXLAN... back to the show.
    LOL! I can't imagine who u could be hanging with!!!

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by meanmoe View Post
    Yeah, you don't want to do this. Efficiency will be super low compared to an impeller design. When we start cooling with mud.. or corn.. then maybe consider it. The most efficient pump that I know of is actually built around a perfectly flat plate with high inertia, it's just not very feasible in real applications.
    See rest of the text accompanied with the image.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Please feel free to explain your issues with the pump taht we use presently and I will be happy to address it. We are looking into our design of coolers to ensure that inclusion of corrosion inhibiting materials if mixed metals are used otherwise we take every step we can to avoid mixing metals to eliminate the possibility completely.
    Well, the pump has weird inlet/outlet placements, for example it would not work at all in my look without rotaries. It's 500 lph rating is low, and I doubt it has much pressure behind it to compete with other pumps on the market. It also sells at most etailers for $45, when I could buy a proven reliable and performing Jingway 800 lph pump for the same price.

As far as I know, people are still able to purchase aluminum radiators from you guys as well...someone who doesn't know what they are doing may run a Thermaltake radiator with a copper block and distilled water. ...recipe for disaster.
    Smile

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcjunkie209 View Post
    LOL! I can't imagine who u could be hanging with!!!
    I knew it wouldnt be long until you posted something

It was good seeing you man!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Well, the pump has weird inlet/outlet placements, for example it would not work at all in my look without rotaries. It's 500 lph rating is low, and I doubt it has much pressure behind it to compete with other pumps on the market. It also sells at most etailers for $45, when I could buy a proven reliable and performing Jingway 800 lph pump for the same price.

As far as I know, people are still able to purchase aluminum radiators from you guys as well...someone who doesn't know what they are doing may run a Thermaltake radiator with a copper block and distilled water. ...recipe for disaster.
    I understand what you are saying. Last I checked our design had changed to Copper core tube with Alum fins so that copper is all that the coolant/water is in contact with.

Xtreme Member
    I knew it wouldnt be long until you posted something

It was good seeing you man!
    I'm always checking the forums. Sometimes I just look and read. Lol. It was cool hangin. I'll be incontact soon.

Xtreme Addict
    I'd say better QA on cases-Tt has the dubious distinction of being the only case manufacturer to cause me to need stitches not once but eight times. The most was 18. Other cases have done it too-CM, Apevia, Raidmax-but Tt is the only one I KNOW I'm gonna get cut on.

Had a Tt Shark, nice case. Wish it had come pre-polished. That took forever.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    I'd say better QA on cases-Tt has the dubious distinction of being the only case manufacturer to cause me to need stitches not once but eight times. The most was 18. Other cases have done it too-CM, Apevia, Raidmax-but Tt is the only one I KNOW I'm gonna get cut on.

Had a Tt Shark, nice case. Wish it had come pre-polished. That took forever.
    Are you referring to sharp edges?

That unfortunately does happen when you dont have rolled edges on the case which as of recent we have really pushed to have as many rolled or folded edges as possible not only because they are not sharp but because they also make the panel more sturdy.

I wish we had polished that case as well, but the amount of fingerprints that would happen im sure half the community would hunt me down with pitchforks.

Xtreme Addict
    Absolutely referring to sharp edges. ODD bays were the worst offenders.

I've used some of the PSUs in the past and had no issues whatsoever, but I'll echo the statement about the liquid cooling. Even a move to a Jingway pump would be a huge step up in reliability, but the round tube radiators, the strange adapter kits and the dogged insistence of using aluminum and ethylene glycol coolants are all holding you back. Not to mention EG is poisonous to all known forms of life.

I'm eagerly awaiting what you come up with, I reviewed the Tt Shock headset for TBCS and was very happy with it. It goes to show you can come up with great ideas from time to time, it's just making it more consistent. Though being willing to make some of the case designs shows a flair for boldness a few other people ought to look at. It's evident you're trying. I just dunno where you're headed right now.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast