Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

NooB MOD
    Quote Originally Posted by Tt Enthusiasts View Post
    I do build systems/overclock btw

here I am
    //looks at your team

Yeah, you may as well be a Mac user

What I want: Lian Li
    What I can afford: Not Lian Li
    What I hate due to bad experience with PSUs, CCFLs, fans, cooling...: Thermaltake
    What would make me love them long time: Lian Li styling at an affordable price

PLEEEEASE!
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Oj101 View Post
    //looks at your team

Yeah, you may as well be a Mac user
    Nothing like a lil rivalry to get this thread moving :p

how is it back there btw??

have fun guys, were collecting the feedback to see what we can implement to get you guys something that you will like.

I am Xtreme
    Have a look at what Corsair is doing with their cases.
    Not full alu = affordable. But very stylish. No plastic/shiny/glowing/screaming parts.
    Using brushed alu front and/or top and side panels is a good idea, though. They look fantastic.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Hello, glad your on here getting input from everyone.

I actually like your Armor + case very much mainly because it is 90% aluminum, it's big and very lite compare to other steel case's of the same size. The only thing I do not like are 2 little things. Well, the first one I consider a big mistake on who ever design the front filters. In order to clean the bottom 3 or 4 filters, you have take the whole front plastic piece off to be able to clean it real good, unlike where the rest of the filters or like the original Armor case (which I also have) you can just pop them all right off to get them nice and clean in like 5 minutes. I have a 3x120 rad in the front inside so I can not get to it or clean it from the inside. The second one isn't too bad but I personally don't like all the plastic on the bottom of the case but I can live with it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomnadz View Post
    Hello, glad your on here getting input from everyone.

I actually like your Armor + case very much mainly because it is 90% aluminum, it's big and very lite compare to other steel case's of the same size. The only thing I do not like are 2 little things. Well, the first one I consider a big mistake on who ever design the front filters. In order to clean the bottom 3 or 4 filters, you have take the whole front plastic piece off to be able to clean it real good, unlike where the rest of the filters or like the original Armor case (which I also have) you can just pop them all right off to get them nice and clean in like 5 minutes. I have a 3x120 rad in the front inside so I can not get to it or clean it from the inside. The second one isn't too bad but I personally don't like all the plastic on the bottom of the case but I can live with it.
    Thank you for the feedback. Can you possibly get me a picture of the location of the exact filter you have trouble with so I can better discuss this with our design team? Also at the same time can you show the plastic part you have issue with?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    tt enthusiasts... is it you ramses?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    tt enthusiasts... is it you ramses?
    no buddy, not ramsom ramsom doesnt OC really

Xtreme Addict
    Speaking of, at TheBestCaseScenario prize winners have been waiting on their prizes from Tt for about... six months now. Ramsom was the main contact, but he's been completely MIA. If you'd like I can PM you the info of the admin handling the issue.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Speaking of, at TheBestCaseScenario prize winners have been waiting on their prizes from Tt for about... six months now. Ramsom was the main contact, but he's been completely MIA. If you'd like I can PM you the info of the admin handling the issue.
    please PM me the details so I can find out whats going on with that for you.

im sorry about that.

Xtreme Member
    wow 6 months is a long time to wait but its good to see that tt is on it.
    Heatware

Steve Jobs: "We're better then you are.... we have better stuff."
    Bill Gates: "You don't get it Steve, that doesn't matter."
    -Pirates of Silicon Valley

Xtreme Legend
    hey punx

good to see a fellow OCer working for a cooler manufacturer
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    you guys working on that pure copper CPU cooler yet?
    DJ Falcone 2x Technics SL1200 MK5, Behringer DJX750 Mixer, Alienware m17 laptop.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    hey punx

good to see a fellow OCer working for a cooler manufacturer
    you know how we do it

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by halofanman View Post
    you guys working on that pure copper CPU cooler yet?
    maybe not all copper since the price is insane but remember Aluminum dissipates heat very well as long as you have a good copper base and heat pipes to soak that heat up and get it to the fins

After reading a lot of the posts I must say I agree with pretty much all of the suggestions. When I first started building my own PCs' Thermaltake was my brand of choice. I have a HTPC in a Mozart case, media box in a Tsunami and my first watercooling effort went into a modded full tower Kandalf. In addition, I have purchased numerous fans, cords and cables. However, after a while the Thermaltake brand lost sight of the products they sold. The quality, form, fit and function got left behind and they became the low budget supplier to the under 14 PC crowd. If you want to get back to a premier supplier to us enthusiast builders, heed what is spoken in the forum. Here is what I would like to see from Tt before I would consider dropping any money;

1. Better case designs with quality materials. Hint: take a cue from Corsair with the Obsidian and Graphite lines. Simple-functional-clean. Leave the Sword-M type designs to the Vol-tron robot toys.....horrible.
    2. Keep the custom builder in mind. We like internal radiator mounts, room to work, clean wire management installs.
    3. Innovate. Don't duplicate. Innovation to us is not making a case look like a transformer. See point #1. Maybe something like prewired mounts for cold cathode lights. or a "snap in" CCL like a florescent light ballast where you could sell the "custom" lights that mount to your cases only.
    4. And yes, change you logo. Its crap, low budget and cheap looking (not to be insulting). A lot of companies change their image or reinvent themselves, its how they continue to grow and attract new customers.
    5. Find the balance between cost/price and a good product. It doesn't do anyone any good if you make the worlds best case, but it costs $1,000.

Just my 2 cents from a former customer.

-CK
    Intel i7 3820 OC'ed 4.2
    ASUS P9X79 PRO
    CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR3 1600
    EVGA GTX 680 x 2 SLI Superclocked
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
    Corsair 1000W
    Liquid Cooled via Triple Rad w/XSPC Raystorm Water Block (1/2" tubing/fittings)
    Win 7 64 Bit
    Corsair 800D
    Logitech Z5500 5.1 Speakers

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mustang01gt View Post
    After reading a lot of the posts I must say I agree with pretty much all of the suggestions. When I first started building my own PCs' Thermaltake was my brand of choice. I have a HTPC in a Mozart case, media box in a Tsunami and my first watercooling effort went into a modded full tower Kandalf. In addition, I have purchased numerous fans, cords and cables. However, after a while the Thermaltake brand lost sight of the products they sold. The quality, form, fit and function got left behind and they became the low budget supplier to the under 14 PC crowd. If you want to get back to a premier supplier to us enthusiast builders, heed what is spoken in the forum. Here is what I would like to see from Tt before I would consider dropping any money;

1. Better case designs with quality materials. Hint: take a cue from Corsair with the Obsidian and Graphite lines. Simple-functional-clean. Leave the Sword-M type designs to the Vol-tron robot toys.....horrible.
    2. Keep the custom builder in mind. We like internal radiator mounts, room to work, clean wire management installs.
    3. Innovate. Don't duplicate. Innovation to us is not making a case look like a transformer. See point #1. Maybe something like prewired mounts for cold cathode lights. or a "snap in" CCL like a florescent light ballast where you could sell the "custom" lights that mount to your cases only.
    4. And yes, change you logo. Its crap, low budget and cheap looking (not to be insulting). A lot of companies change their image or reinvent themselves, its how they continue to grow and attract new customers.
    5. Find the balance between cost/price and a good product. It doesn't do anyone any good if you make the worlds best case, but it costs $1,000.

Just my 2 cents from a former customer.

-CK
    Thank you for this... It definitely looks like alot of the initial feedback has been given, please feel free to provide any other feedback you would like or if you presently have an issue let me know so we can see what we can do to assist.

it does seem like that there are alot of different views but many of them intersect at similar points so this is very good to help us push things in directions that will give you products you will like.

Thanks again guys.

Thank you for the feedback. Can you possibly get me a picture of the location of the exact filter you have trouble with so I can better discuss this with our design team? Also at the same time can you show the plastic part you have issue with?
    here is the picture of the the bottom 4 filters that I was talking about. Still don't understand why they wouldn't make them removable like the rest of them.

2.2011-09-24 21.24.52.jpg1.2011-09-24 21.27.55.jpg3.2011-09-24 21.26.00.jpg

Xtreme Member
    here is the picture of the the bottom 4 filters that I was talking about. Still don't understand why they wouldn't make them removable like the rest of them.

Thank you for the picture, I will definitely note that for future to ensure the best we can we will keep fan filters as accessible as possible.

Xtreme Member

Thank you for the picture, I will definitely note that for future to ensure the best we can we will keep fan filters as accessible as possible.

Please remember guys this is not just about chassis, we have multiple lines, take a look at them and if there is something we dont offer or a feature one of our products does not have that you feel would be beneficial to you please let us know..

Here are our basic lineup as of now:

Thermaltake:
    Chassis
    Power Supply
    Cooler
    Fans
    Storage accessories/Docking stations
    hot swap multi drive bay mounts (Max Series)

then we have our gaming peripherals

Tt eSPORTS:

Keyboards
    Mice
    Headsets
    Lan Bag
    Mouse Pads

So please feel free to look over our complete line and let us know any of the above what you would like to see different or what you feel would work better for you so we can look into it and see what we can improve.

thanks guys

Until very recently, my gaming PC was in one of the original Armor cases (I switched to a 700D, although my file server is now in the Armor.) One thing that I would like to see that I don't think I've seen before is a case that has all of the open 5.5 bays in the front like the Armor, along with room in the top to mount a radiator with no modding. Basically, take the open mesh front of the armor, provide mounting brackets with the case to mount a 3x120 or 4x120 in the front (depending on case height,) have another place on top of the case to mount a 3x120 like the 700D/800D does, and bottom mount the PSU. For a time I was actually going to mod my armor to do this (move the psu to the bottom, move the mobo tray up, and put new sheetmetal on the top of the case,) but I never got around to it.
    Main Gaming PC- Intel Desktop: "Monolith"
    i7 950 @ stock (working on the OC now) -- Asus P6X58D-E
    6GB G.Skill Pi DDR3 1600, 7-8-7-24 -- Corsair 1000w PSU -- Corsair 700D
    Intel X25-M 120gb SSD, Windows 7 64 Ultimate -- 640gb WD -- EVGA GTX570 SC
    XSPC Rasa, Heatkiller GPU-X3 hole edition, Swiftech MCR320-QP, MCP-350

AMD File Server "CyborgMind": X2 4000+, MVA-VM, 4gb RAM, 6.2TB storage, WHS 2011
    Intel HTPC "Fei": Pentium 4 2.4c @ 3ghz, IC7, 1gb pc3700, 7800GS, Antec Overture II

Xtreme Member
    For Europe, keep RMA handling up to the current standard. It`s good.
    Only point of improvement for me, pop a mail, when something is shipped.
    Was lucky to to come home early, as DHL holds a 5 day pick up, after second delivery.

Counted on a 2 week handling for RMA, and it was done in 1week and a day. From Germany to Holland, it`s not bad.
    REX4F - X79A-Sabertooth
    Noctua NH-D14 Pull-Pull NoiseBlocker PK3
    X3930 @4.5 - 1,325V
    X3860 @4.5 - 1,28V
    Geil Ultra+ 6x4 7-8-7-24@1814 1,65V Elpida???
    Gskill RJ-X 4x8 9-11-11 @2200 1,65V Sammy
    580 SLI

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XII View Post
    For Europe, keep RMA handling up to the current standard. It`s good.
    Only point of improvement for me, pop a mail, when something is shipped.
    Was lucky to to come home early, as DHL holds a 5 day pick up, after second delivery.

Counted on a 2 week handling for RMA, and it was done in 1week and a day. From Germany to Holland, it`s not bad.
    Honestly I dont deal much in the Europe RMA at all, but honestly from what I have seen that is quite good turn around for European RMA in general no matter the company.

I am based in US and am only vaguely familiar with EU but I know things are a little different as to how specifics are handled.

Xtreme Addict
    Hello,

Thermaltake is actively working on getting community feedback on existing and future Thermaltake products. We would like you as the enthusiast community to provide feedback on your experience with present Thermaltake product, and also any product, Idea or changes you would like to see from Thermaltake in the future.
    the website doesnt explain the difference between products. what is the difference between the archon and the archon rev a? what is the difference between the other 140 and archon? what is the difference between the 140 and the 120? each higher end model should sell itself in its description by differentiating it from its peers.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    the website doesnt explain the difference between products. what is the difference between the archon and the archon rev a? what is the difference between the other 140 and archon? what is the difference between the 140 and the 120? each higher end model should sell itself in its description by differentiating it from its peers.
    Wrong company. You should be asking Thermalright those questions.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Wrong company. You should be asking Thermalright those questions.
    LOL I was about to say I think im missing something here :p

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast