Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Can thermaltake Do For You?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
    Absolutely referring to sharp edges. ODD bays were the worst offenders.

I've used some of the PSUs in the past and had no issues whatsoever, but I'll echo the statement about the liquid cooling. Even a move to a Jingway pump would be a huge step up in reliability, but the round tube radiators, the strange adapter kits and the dogged insistence of using aluminum and ethylene glycol coolants are all holding you back. Not to mention EG is poisonous to all known forms of life.

I'm eagerly awaiting what you come up with, I reviewed the Tt Shock headset for TBCS and was very happy with it. It goes to show you can come up with great ideas from time to time, it's just making it more consistent. Though being willing to make some of the case designs shows a flair for boldness a few other people ought to look at. It's evident you're trying. I just dunno where you're headed right now.
    EG coolant is no longer used for quite some time now. we now use a propylene glycol coolant. This is found in many things including drink mixes and salad dressings.

Now dont get me wrong if your looking for the ultimate performance then your gonna want a fully custom built loop but if your looking for something easy to build and enclosed in a single place thats the area we are trying to fill with the present bigwater coolers.

as said before if you look at our radiators now the cores are copper and only the fins are aluminum which means there is no contact from coolant to mixed metals.

what would be the issue with the P500 pump? I know there are many pumps available out there and i have used many of them in custom loops but I have yet to have an issue with our pump.
    Last edited by Tt Enthusiasts; 07-23-2011 at 02:22 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Went through four in a Kandalf setup, replaced with D5 and it worked admirably until he disassembled the loop.

Xtreme Member
    Went through four in a Kandalf setup, replaced with D5 and it worked admirably until he disassembled the loop.
    Hmm,

Well thats odd, what all was in the loop if you still have that info so that I can test this sort of thing in our lab to try and reproduce.

Xtreme Member
    Hey whats up ? Its Elmy from PDXLAN ... The case mod winner ...

So yeah ... Like we talked about ... Make a case to fit a 120 X 4 up top and a 120 X 2 in the bottom or the front. Preferrably the front. Design it so you can use push pull on all the normal sized rads without interfering with the rest of the components. If you include a resevoir that is built in with color changing lights with the touch of a control on the front of the case that would be cool too... Make sure you extensively test it and make sure it doesnt leak....

Waterblocks with interchangeable Delrin colored tops would be cool too. Make them for video cards and CPU as well.

Xtreme 3D Team
    At your comment about the Jingway pump -
    500 lph (basically EK DCP 2.2 or EOL OCZ HydroPulse 500) is what thermaltake should switch to in my opinion. Jingway make great pumps in my opinion.
    I have an (now EOL) OCZ HydroPulse 800 (for the simple fact that it was cheaper than ECP 4.0) and its been running a year and two months strong in my main rig, 24/7 for the last few months and 18 hours a day months before. Water has been replaced once, but the loop hasnt been cleaned since a month in. (I'd hate to see what my HeatKiller LT looks like )
    That HydroPulse 800 was $45...
    Surely Tt could sell the 500 lph and reliable Jingway pump and make a profit, no?
    To be honest, I have not owned one of the Thermaltake pumps...but its easy to assume how it will perform with its rating compared to well-known, proven and tested pumps, at least pressure wise. The inlet and outlet are not ideal, (for the way the pump sits) as I was stating, either.

All of this aside,
    If Thermaltake switched to a 400 lph or 500 lph Jingway pump, I think they would have more sales regardless. They are well known pumps, used by EK and DangerDen and stand up very well to the Laing DDC 3.2 (at least the Jingway 1200 800lph does) at a lower price.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 07-23-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    Only thing in the loop was the pump w/integrated res, the 3x120 in the door of the Kandalf LCS, and the stock maze style block. Every one of them just gave up the ghost.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tt Enthusiasts View Post
    what would be the issue with the P500 pump? I know there are many pumps available out there and i have used many of them in custom loops but I have yet to have an issue with our pump.
    Mine developed rattling noises (within 6 months) that wouldn't go away.
    This is a very poor choice of pump. It was clearly the worst component out of the whole Kandalf combo.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Thank you very much for the feedback. this is the kind of info we need to improve our products and make them what you guys want. Please keep the feedback coming. elmy, It was cool meeting you and I am still looking at what we can do to meet the design your looking to do but there are some hurdles with such a design as we discussed.

Xtreme Mentor
    Tt, I'm from another forum mainly, but hang here a lot. Watercooling is the next step and more of a hobby than an end game.
    You mention you want easy for users to use, somewhat reliable and cheap. I think you need to follow Corsairs lead here.

But, take that with a grain of salt, many Corsair users realize the weakness and sell the Corsair and spend lots more money to get what they thought a cheap setup would do.

Once the users get past Best Buy knowledge levels (like here in 30 minutes of reading) and learn what options are really out there they bypass Corsair and any other lesser than quality/capable setups very quickly. Some realize that quality air is enough for them even.

Might want to look at the XSPC kits for sale at many WC stores. You beat that and at less cost, you got your foot in the door. Gonna have that to stop selling anything less than that to get any respect from us folks though.

And please, don't say that this rad can cool 1000 watts. At 25 DT temps, which isn't mentioned. That is a big big joke in the WC world. If it's over DT 10C, your doing something wrong.........

http://www.overclockers.com/guide-deltat-water-cooling/ Yep, my words.

And from Tim (Koolance), scroll down. This is what you have to overcome within Koolance itself. Hopefully it's changed.

http://forums.koolance.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1643
    Last edited by Conumdrum; 07-24-2011 at 03:38 AM.
    All stock for now, no need for more, but it's gonna be soon methinks.
    Giga Xtreme 58 mobo i7 965 ES D0 step Corsair 1600 6 gig
    SLI GTX470 EVGA
    EK HF nickle blue top CPU block (free from Eddie)
    Koolance 470 waterblocks
    One big loop, two 120x3 rads. Pa 120.3 and XSPC RX 120x3. Swiftech 35x pump with V2 restop. GT AP15 fans.
    Banchetto Tech Station
    120 GB SSD, and a few other drives.
    1000W UltraX3 PSU, 900 watt (1500VA UPS
    23.999" Acer GD235hz and 24" Acer H243H

I am Xtreme
    Kandalf bundle was a good idea, tbh.
    It was under 200 EUR for a case with a properly mounted rad (360, could add more since this one was conveniently placed on the door), fans, CPU block, pump, res, all included.
    Perhaps you should look into expanding that.
    Include a better pump (DDC), a better CPU block, a better rad (similar to Swiftech stuff). Add some space and holes for an additional 240 (or 360) radiator as well.
    Get the case powder coated inside. Get rid of all the plastic case parts (unless you absolutely have to use them).
    Price accordingly.
    Profit!

P.S. You should also think about selling universal GPU blocks.
    Last edited by zalbard; 07-24-2011 at 03:39 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

can we get a mechanical keyboard with brown or clear switches instead of black. and if u guys could sell the palm rest seperate for the other people who bought other majestouch rebrands
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-25-2011 at 12:02 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    can we get a mechanical keyboard with brown or clear switches instead of black. and if u guys could sell the palm rest seperate for the other people who bought other majestouch rebrands
    are you looking for different response? some people like the blues due to the defined click, while alot seem to like the black because of the feedback and the not so "clickyness" of the blues.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Kandalf bundle was a good idea, tbh.
    It was under 200 EUR for a case with a properly mounted rad (360, could add more since this one was conveniently placed on the door), fans, CPU block, pump, res, all included.
    Perhaps you should look into expanding that.
    Include a better pump (DDC), a better CPU block, a better rad (similar to Swiftech stuff). Add some space and holes for an additional 240 (or 360) radiator as well.
    Get the case powder coated inside. Get rid of all the plastic case parts (unless you absolutely have to use them).
    Price accordingly.
    Profit!

P.S. You should also think about selling universal GPU blocks.
    Well the Bigwater solutions offered presently are not really in the Xtreme (see what I did there XD ) overclocking cooler category. they are more for those looking to get into water cooling or something a little better than a regular air cooler. for those looking for much higher performance your going to want a 240 mm rad or more to cool a higher heat load. and you never know if there is a demand we may see what we can offer that segment but the design you propose sounds like some custom loops I have built and im sure your pretty well aware that the cost on those parts rise considerably over what we offer.

However I dont want to get too far off base and I love the feedback but when talking liquid cooling we have to make sure the product is right for the market and if I was to come in here and want you to buy our watercooling parts for some Xtreme (I did it again) benching or overclocking I would be bringing something with much higher thermal capacity.

are you looking for different response? some people like the blues due to the defined click, while alot seem to like the black because of the feedback and the not so "clickyness" of the blues.
    i dont know of any gamers who like the clicky (blues are used in typist keyboards), and blues are banned from alot of lans (and my house) since they make to much noise. but i would like an option for tactile feedback like the browns or clears, and for the key to reset at the actuation point when it lets off (like blacks, browns, clears and reds) instead of a little above it like the blues.

in the US there is no1 who sells keyboards with browns or clears that is no imported from asia 1st so all those keyboards are vary expensive. TT already charges $40 over SS for a keyboard with blacks and media keys so i dont see why any1 would buy it when the SS is in stock but if u guys had real tactile keys then u would have a defiant advantage.

Well the Bigwater solutions offered presently are not really in the Xtreme (see what I did there XD ) overclocking cooler category. they are more for those looking to get into water cooling or something a little better than a regular air cooler. for those looking for much higher performance your going to want a 240 mm rad or more to cool a higher heat load. and you never know if there is a demand we may see what we can offer that segment but the design you propose sounds like some custom loops I have built and im sure your pretty well aware that the cost on those parts rise considerably over what we offer.

However I dont want to get too far off base and I love the feedback but when talking liquid cooling we have to make sure the product is right for the market and if I was to come in here and want you to buy our watercooling parts for some Xtreme (I did it again) benching or overclocking I would be bringing something with much higher thermal capacity.
    what abotu a 1.5x width case with standard spacing for 3 fans next to each other and some space on ether end, that way u could have a door mounted rad of whatever and u guys could make a competative setup for it latter or not but u would have a must have case.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 07-25-2011 at 12:39 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    i dont know of any gamers who like the clicky (blues are used in typist keyboards), and blues are banned from alot of lans (and my house) since they make to much noise. but i would like an option for tactile feedback like the browns or clears, and for the key to reset at the actuation point when it lets off (like blacks, browns, clears and reds) instead of a little above it like the blues.

in the US there is no1 who sells keyboards with browns or clears that is no imported from asia 1st so all those keyboards are vary expensive. TT already charges $40 over SS for a keyboard with blacks and media keys so i dont see why any1 would buy it when the SS is in stock but if u guys had real tactile keys then u would have a defiant advantage.

what abotu a 1.5x width case with standard spacing for 3 fans next to each other and some space on ether end, that way u could have a door mounted rad of whatever and u guys could make a competative setup for it latter or not but u would have a must have case.
    i will check as to what we can do on the alternate model offering for the keyboard. i will check out what we can do on different keyswitch offerings. I agree on blue switches they can be really annoying but you would probably be surprised how many people asked about them after launch of the Meka series. but all in all when we checked demand most all peopel wanted the cherry black keyswitches which is why we went that route to begin with.

not a bad idea on the case, sounds like one I had an idea for awhile back but instead was top mounted to retain ability to remove side panel without a big issue of having hoses attached

I will see what I can do with this idea. Thanks again for the feedback.

Xtreme Addict
    Get rid of shoddy acrylic tops that crack under water pressure / fitting barbs / crappy mounting systems
    Get rid of those crappy pumps that never survive and always end up failing or clogging up
    Get rid of aluminium rads!

Get back to doing good, classy case designs but with decent cable managment and pre-modded for rads to slip in snuggly

Tsunami was gorgeous, shark was suprbly lightweight....
    Last edited by RCG_Bex; 07-28-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    Get rid of shoddy acrylic tops that crack under water pressure / fitting barbs / crappy mounting systems
    Get rid of those crappy pumps that never survive and always end up failing or clogging up
    Get rid of aluminium rads!

Get back to doing good, classy case designs but with decent cable managment and pre-modded for rads to slip in snuggly

Tsunami was gorgeous, shark was suprbly lightweight....
    This type pf feedback is awesome. Thank you!

1. Rads.... now have copper core and only aluminum is the fins... therefore liquid never contacts any metal but copper.
    2. Waterblock: That is a much older design, the top on the new blocks are no longer seeing any leak or cracking issues
    3. Cases, we are working on many case offerings that will allow rad mounting, some even at a nice pricepoint as well. Such as the Thermaltake commander which can fit a Dual fan Rad right in the top no problem.
    4. Pumps: I am investiigating this and will do everything I can to improve pump offering.

c[_]
    Hey, got an idea.

How about generic cases that dont look like a power rangers costume. You can always make "body kits" for them for the flaming fan boys :p

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Hey, got an idea.

How about generic cases that dont look like a power rangers costume. You can always make "body kits" for them for the flaming fan boys :p
    ok... that scares me a lil tbh

c[_]
    but you get the best of both worlds. Practicality and accessories! :p

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I actually agree with him. Some of us want cases that dont "scream" and are not very in your face. A nice case with very little plastic, maybe aluminium on the outside and steel on the inside? With place for large rads, maybe 2x360....or a 1x360 and a 1x240???

I have looked around the market and the only ones I can find are the Lian li's, but they are very expensive and you need to mod it a lot to get what you actually want from it. The other one I think would fit the bill is the ATCS 840.

Xtreme Addict
    I am getting ready to put together another 4.8ghz Sandy Bridge rig with an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD.
    The heart is cutting edge, but the shell is old school - I'm using an all aluminum Thermaltake Shark!

A newer line of mid and full tower all aluminum cases that actually look good with front USB3, eSATA, case top recessed SATA docking bay, SSD trays, and bottom mounted PSU design.
    Additionally, large rear hole for cpu heatsink backplate access and smaller holes for cable management too.
    If you are going to put a side window on it then paint or anodize the inside black.
    Of course, toolless design.
    A good looking black aluminum case like the Corsair Obsidian but with Thermaltake's spin and features.

I used to be a big fan of Thermaltake cases but haven't bought one since the M9 - it actually wasn't that good of a case but I went for the looks - but at least it was lightweight.
    But lately the Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced has everything I could ask for except for the weight and USB3.

BTW, the FRIO OC does cool decently well but every single review says it is unacceptably loud to achieve the performance.

Thermaltake (as far as the air cooling arena goes) needs to come up with it's own champion heatsink (not a mediocre cloned or licensed from another Asian company) that truly performs and is fairly quiet - using dual 140mm fans like the Thermalright Silver Arrow, Noctua NH-D14, NZXT Havik, etc. It's been a while since I've had a great Thermaltake HSF like the TT Big Typhoon back in the day...
    Last edited by LagunaX; 07-28-2011 at 10:55 PM.
    i7-2600k L041C108 4.8ghz 1.32v PLL off Venomous-X Push/Pull http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=1063
    Asus P8P67 Vanilla
    Samsung 30nm MV-3V4G3D/US 2x4GB @ 9-10-10-28 1T DDR3 2133 1.6v http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=159320
    Diamond HD 7970
    WD 600GB Velociraptor
    Corsair TX750W
    CM 690 II Advanced

Q822A549 E8500 @ 4.5ghz air TRUE @ http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=203762

G.Skill F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH @ 7-10-8-27 1T DDR3 2133 1.6v http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=266839

I am Xtreme
    Wow, so I'm guessing hell has officially frozen solid?

Good to see you guys step up and start taking a visible interest in customer input. The last TT products I used that I actually liked were my Golden Orb and Hardcano 2...the Hardcano 11 I bought however, made me swear off TT products.

For Liqiuid cooling, most of the "improvements" that can be made have been mentioned, save one. Last time I looked, you guys were using G1/8" threads on your gear, please make it G1/4" and join the rest of the manufacturers universal standard.

For air cooling, most of my builds are small (m-ITX or m-ATX) middle class hardware builds and would love a GFX cooler that was single slot, quiet (possibly fanless) and capable of handling and fitting any middle range card.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Wow, so I'm guessing hell has officially frozen solid?

Good to see you guys step up and start taking a visible interest in customer input. The last TT products I used that I actually liked were my Golden Orb and Hardcano 2...the Hardcano 11 I bought however, made me swear off TT products.

For Liqiuid cooling, most of the "improvements" that can be made have been mentioned, save one. Last time I looked, you guys were using G1/8" threads on your gear, please make it G1/4" and join the rest of the manufacturers universal standard.

For air cooling, most of my builds are small (m-ITX or m-ATX) middle class hardware builds and would love a GFX cooler that was single slot, quiet (possibly fanless) and capable of handling and fitting any middle range card.
    We are trying to get involved and see what you guys want. Thats why im here. alot fo your ideas I am seriously looking int, such as G1/4 I know as I build custom loops myself that anything not to that standard likely is rendered unusable as you cannot adapt it to an existing system or build with it.

I will work on improving how I can.

As for air cooling there is only so much you can do for efficiency before you just simply have to place higher airflow through a cooler to get better performance. But we are always looking at any way to get better efficiency and better performance without covering half of the board with the cooler

Xtreme 3D Team
    This type pf feedback is awesome. Thank you!

1. Rads.... now have copper core and only aluminum is the fins... therefore liquid never contacts any metal but copper.
    2. Waterblock: That is a much older design, the top on the new blocks are no longer seeing any leak or cracking issues
    3. Cases, we are working on many case offerings that will allow rad mounting, some even at a nice pricepoint as well. Such as the Thermaltake commander which can fit a Dual fan Rad right in the top no problem.
    4. Pumps: I am investiigating this and will do everything I can to improve pump offering.
    Haha I can sense the sarcasm at the beginning there.

As for the block issue, just look at Swiftech, Koolance and EK's offerings. Do that. It will offer better performance in your kits and give something for us enthusiasts to buy too. Some of your alu rads are still avail for sale unfortunately, at least I believe so (!)...

As for the pumps, again I believe Jingway is your answer, you may make less profit per pump but people know what the pumps look like and I'm sure if you have competitive pricing they will jump on them
    Smile

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast