Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Playing arround - Copper pearlescent 1 off Pre-mix

Xtreme Addict
    www.phobya.com has sent me some gear do we can expand the testing. This is there Phobya Balancer in action and its very good. It creates a mega Back wash effect. They all so kindly supplied me a Phobya G-Changer 240 and Phobya Water block with i have just added in there for testing.

I do a video of it all up and running later, this is Supernova running at 3 different speeds pictured above.

Vid taken last night of a mix how ever not happy with it.

Last edited by mlwood37; 08-04-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    The Supernova shows a lot of promise. Cant wait to see it with more silvery "pearlessence".
    At Xtremesystems.org we don't help you save money on your cooling gear, instead we try to make you feel better about the insane ammount you've spent.

Xtreme Addict
    oh well

Phobya Reservoir +

Purple + Yellow + silver + Blue + Red , plus a little alchemy and you get .....

So im no longer goona now mess with the colouring -

I have the final five colours which im happy with. I know some people would like Red but im not happy with it so until its perfected which it is not ill keep with what works best. I wont release any thing i think is not up to standard.

Mayhems Aurora - Nebula Blue

Mayhems Aurora - Galaxy Purple

Mayhems Aurora - Gemini Pink

Mayhems Aurora - Supernova Clear

Mayhems Aurora - Extinction Green

All we need now is testing and results ....
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-04-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Xtreme 3D Team
    I'm not sure if I like that tone of green. In all honesty it looks like baby crap :p

Personally I'd like it a bit greener, it seems a little blue and a little brighter. In fact a lime green would be amazing with the shimmers.
    Smile

Xtreme Addict
    if you saw it in the flesh you may say some thing different. Its taken over 4 weeks to produce these 5 colours and i have a very high standard and if doesn't make me smile than it aint gonna be made. Don't forget there is a clear version which any user can make there own colour liquid with.

I can only give you the tools, you need to create the master peace.

That video of the Galaxy purple is freakin awesome
    I really like the green one and the clear one is neat, but the galaxy purple is the best
    But i agree with Crazynutz lets see the galaxy purple in a GPU full block with acrylic top.
    Keep up the good work
    Don't ever think you have the best rig, there's always better.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGuMbY18 View Post
    That video of the Galaxy purple is freakin awesome
    I really like the green one and the clear one is neat, but the galaxy purple is the best
    But i agree with Crazynutz lets see the galaxy purple in a GPU full block with acrylic top.
    Keep up the good work
    Just awaiting for EK's gear to turn up and then i can show it. im supposed to be getting old and new blocks for testing and show casing.

Last edited by mlwood37; 08-05-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    This looks very good !

The only bad thing is that im stopping WCing and going with a more "normal" build. ( 2k rig since im not anymore gaming and playing with it that much )

Keep your good work Mayhem !
    BTTB - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - WCed I7 4770k - 2x8gb Ballistix 1600mhz - Zotac GTX 780
    Asus Xonar Pheobus - OS -> Toshiba Q 256gb - Games -> 2x Agility 4 256gb Raid0
    Corsair HX850 - Tecnofront HWD BenchTable - Asus VE278Q 5760x1080

Serveur - Asus Z77m PRO - 2500K - NH-C12P - 4x4gb G.Skill Ares 1600mhz
    Agility 4 128gb - Corsair CX430M - 1TB Black - 2TB green - 2TB Red

KatPat - Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 - FX-8320 - PH-TC14CS - 2x4gb Viper 1600mhz - GTS 450
    Samsung Evo 120gb - Corsair HX750 - Bitfenix Survivor White - Asus VE247H

Xtreme Addict
    Some Common Questions and Answers.

Does the Aurora range of liquids use metal in the mixture?

The pearlescent pigments used within the Aurora range of liquids contain no metals in the formula.

Will i need a biocide or Inhibitor?

The Aurora range already contains biocides and inhibitor’s and will not require them. The liquids in theory will last up to 3 years.

Will the Pigments in the Aurora Range damage my system?

The pearlescent pigments used in the mixture should not cause any damage to Metal, Plating, Plastics or seals with in a normal water cooling loop.

Do the Pigments in the Aurora Range settle out of the mixture?

Yes they do and this is normal. When left for a few hours the larger particles tend to fall with gravity and settle in the loop. This is very normal and cannot be avoided. We can make the ratio of our mixture stronger and change the viscosity how ever under heavy testing we found the mixture we used is a good trade off between heat dissipation and viscosity. The particles are easily picked up and moved around the system when you pump is turned back on.

Will the Pigments in the Aurora Range block my restricted blocks?

This is a question we are working on at the moment and we will produce a list of working block manufactures that we find compatible with our liquids. However saying that, so far in testing we have found no evidence of blocking what so ever and no evidence of any biomass build up in our fluids. The particles we use over time will get smaller due to the forces they are put under in a water cooling loop. The particles are very delicate and are in the 40 to 120nm (nano) range. However the larger particles 40nm to 80mn when used in restrictive blocks tend to end up like the 120nm particles. We use a special vegetable based formula in these liquids and this helps the partials’ not stick together (clump or create a biomass or what is commonly known in the water cooling community as gunking).

Will the Aurora Range stain my system?

Yes they will if left in your system for a very long period time. This is a common problem with any liquid that use dyes and is a unavoidable fact of liquid that contain dye. To reduce the risk of dying any system we recommend you change out you liquids every 6 to 9 months. This is not a marketing gimmick to make you buy more liquids but over our long term testing of “Mayhem dye range” we found this to be the best compromise to stop the staining effect from happening. However if you system does get stained there are ways to remove the staining.

Are temperatures affected by the liquid?

The short answer to this question is yes. In testing we found due to the viscosity of the liquid the temperatures may increase from 2 to 5c (this is in comparison to Mayhems Ultra Pure H20) depending on your set up. We are still working on getting this information correct and are working with independent testers so that we can gather and correlate as much information together possible. This will give you a fair understanding on what temperature difference you may see.

Will this Void the warranty on my pump?

I see no reason why this will void any warranty on any system as the viscosity is within the range and spec's of pumps. However it is down to the manufacture of any particular pump and we cannot confirm this. I will however contact the manufacture of all the gear we test and ask them personally once testing is complete.

Does “block maker name” work with your liquids?

We are working with many companies to gather as much information on different blocks and configurations. However some companies we have approached have not responded to our request of getting a sample’s for testing. We cannot cover every block or configuration but we will do our best to get as close as possible answer and will produce a list of tested and working blocks and configurations that we have tested and found to work.

Companies whom have responded and are providing us equipment for testing are

www.Phobya.com
    www.ekwaterblocks.com
    www.dangerden.com
    www.xspc.biz

Any Company is welcome to contact us and send us a sample of their product for testing.

Can i have a sample for my rig?

No you cannot! We will not accept bribes of any manner. These liquids are currently in development and until they are fully tested are not available to the public
    Were can i get your pigments or how is you liquid made or what’s in them?

No comment.

Do you have a ETA?

No. We are not in a rush to get this product to market.

Do you have a price for Aurora range?

We will let you know when we are ready to release it.

Will your shop have these liquids in stock when ready?

No we will not be selling thee liquids though our shop. We will only be selling these liquids though re-sellers. We only have limited re-sellers in varying territories and we will not flood the market with our products. We feel that flooding the market does no one any good. We are a none profit business so to us we can do this with out any concerns. Eventually when we have enough re-sellers we will be changing our site to a products only site.

Are you going to do a Orange, Red, Green, Gold ect Version

I need to first get a base range created and then we can progress further. All product's that Mayhem's makes, sells and release are made by just 1 person. This includes all the packing, bottling, liquids, dyes, labels, web site, ordering and every thing else. Nothing is farmed off to a different company its all done in house. With that in mind we will be looking at other colours how ever it may be limited to just a few with clear versions so you can do them your self.

I hope this answers any question's you may have how ever if not please just post and i will do my best to answer them.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-06-2011 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Updated

Xtreme Addict
    Finally cracked it ...

Mayhems Aurora - Tharsis Red

This one wont make the fist release list as samples have all ready gone out to testers.

Might upload a vid tomorrow to tired atm.

One of our independent tester got there's today and was using a long tube res and must say he was doing it across live web cam and i was quite impressed with the looks and is was visible from a distance.. Hopefully the results will show the same temp range as expected that ive seen here.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-06-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Banned
    very nice
    if you need more tester i'm here :p

Vashjir
    First post, as many, long time lurker.

God damn that looks so cool on tubes while running, i hope it works and wont mess up with blocks/res/pumps. Absolutely brilliant.

Xtreme Addict

Xtreme Addict
    Some more bottles have gone out to independent testers to day.

There has been video uploaded on you tube how ever it doesn't really capture the liquids properly due to lighting issue how ever that's life.

There is alot of air in the system which makes it look lousy. Hopefully in a few days time we can see it better. (the reason for him laughing was he did this live on the internet and i said he was very good a shacking the bottle and must have had practice lol)

Xtreme Addict
    Very cool for show builds
    Looks like space....
    Asus Crosshair IV Extreme
    AMD FX-8350
    AMD ref. HD 6950 2Gb x 2
    4x4Gb HyperX T1
    Corsair AX1200
    3 x Alphacool triple, 2 x Alphacool ATXP 6970/50, EK D5 dual top, EK Supreme HF

Xtreme Addict
    this morning i received the full RASA kit from XSPC.

thank you Paul over at XSPC for sending us the kit to add to out tests.

Once it was fitted in to a older chassis we started running test and found that the viscosity of the liquid was to much how ever like all mad men we have a back up plan and changed the ratio of the liquid a little.

With the new adjusted liquid every thing run fine and we even got a 4c drop in temps.

Some quick pics of the liquid in action with the RASA kit from XSPC

Rasa 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit

Last edited by mlwood37; 08-08-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Were changing the mixture a little we found that certain pumps have problems with the viscosity so we have adjusted it and are now using less partials. This has all so improved the over all performance of the liquids as well ... On test were about 4c+ above ultra pure water how ever ill need to poll in results back from other testers to confirm this once they get the new mixes.

The Rasa Block from XSPC has not blocked so far and handling the fluid quite well.

One of the benefits of this liquid is that it shows the flow of the liquid which is a big advantage as it shows up weak spots in the designs of see though products such as reservoirs or water cooling blocks. You can all so see were any vortex's created which in essence looks good how ever create a dead spot's.

As im just testing these product to see if our liquid is compatible i cannot comment on which block's perform best or any thing along them lines. If companies used this liquid it could help in the design of blocks to show were products could perform better especially since these are not simulated but showing the real flow of fluids.

So not only will this liquid be a visual one for modding purposes but all so could help with the development of future products and reviewers could have a field day with it in comparison tests.

One thing to note we did have a problem with a tester who used a in line filter (not surprising) but all so have Plasticiser in his loop. this Liquid made the situation worse as the pearl then got caught up in what was all ready in his loop. (he didn't flush the loop out before testing ) how ever this is good news again to me as this will probably happen with a few others who don't know how to flush a loop out properly and if they have a in line filter installed.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-09-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Just what I was thinking. Not only does this stuff have bling appeal, It can also be a visual aid to help profile the loop functionality.
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Addict
    I might have missed it, but when will this nectar of the gods be available for purchase ?
    “Little expense had been spared to create the impression that no expense had been spared.” - Hitchhiker's Guide
    It's better to ask dumb questions now, than to look stupid later
    Mondays:

Xtreme Addict
    Post #84 answers that for you.

Xtreme Addict
    Right i've been testing more and we have changed the viscosity of the liquids so its not as viscus as before. The liquid should run in most pumps and the reason i say this is because of how much overhead your pump has.

What does work so far

Laing DDC 10 watt
    Laing DDC 18 watt
    Laing D5
    Phobya 400 and 800 Series
    EK DCP 400 / 800 Series
    Eheim pump's 300 upwards

Pumps with low pressure or overhead cannot seem to push the liquid around as well. Reservoirs with the pump built in don't seem to fair as well for several reasons and one of them being dead spots with in the reservoir as this causes the particles to lay in the dead spots were there is very little movement in the liquids. I will keep on testing and we can expand this list as we carry on.

I have all so been testing many blocks and were starting to gather which blocks work best that we have tested.

KOOLANCE www.koolance.com are all so on board and are going to supply us with one of there blocks for testing which is good news, So thank you Koolance your help is appreciated as are all the other company's whom have sent us kit for testing.

As for temps the new mix is 3 to 4c above Ultra Pure H20 in our testing so far which again is good news.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-12-2011 at 07:55 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Fast acting Thermodynamic fluid in action

Red hot, Yellow middle , blue cold ... guess were the inlet from the CPU is coming in.

ill work more on this at a later date but thought id show you in this thread anyway.

This is not a dye or a ink or crystals this is some thing very different from them all.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-12-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Testing Results :

XSPC

RASA water block - PASS
    RS240 - PASS
    X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo - FAIL ***
    Single Slot Pump & Reservoir combo - FAIL ***
    Laing DDC 200ml Reservoir Pump Top : Plexi - PASS
    Single 5.25″ Bay Reservoir - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-
    Duel 5.25″ Bay Reservoir - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-

Standing for 1 week - Working
    Constant flow low rate - Working
    Constant flow fast rate - Working
    Long term testing - On going
    Temperature + 2.5 to 3c (stress testing under Prime 95) after 7 days of running.
    (no build up in block found)

*** Bay reservoirs with pump cause build up between the pump and the reservoir were the liquid is standing and there is no flow.

Watercool

Heat Killer

With Restriction Plate - FAIL

Standing for 1 week - Fail
    Constant flow fast rate - Fail
    Temperature + 8 to 10c
    Long term Testing - Fail
    (Build up in block found)

With out Restriction Plate - PASS

Temperature + 2.8 to 4c
    (No Build up in block found)

EK

Supreme LT AMD Acetal AMR3 - PASS

Temperature + 3.1 to 4.3c
    Long term testing - on going

Phobya

DC12-400 12 Volt Pump - PASS
    Balancer 150 Black Nickel - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-
    S.1366 / 1156 Water Block - PASS
    G-Changer 240 - PASS

Full testing not complete yet - Updates more often over at http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/v...Range-work-log

Xtreme Addict
    working on testing EK HF bock and Plating products.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    Testing Results :

XSPC

RASA water block - PASS
    RS240 - PASS
    X20 750 Pump & Reservoir combo - FAIL ***
    Single Slot Pump & Reservoir combo - FAIL ***
    Laing DDC 200ml Reservoir Pump Top : Plexi - PASS
    Single 5.25″ Bay Reservoir - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-
    Duel 5.25″ Bay Reservoir - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-

Temperature + 2.5 to 3c (stress testing under Prime 95) after 7 days of running.
    (no build up in block found)

*** Bay reservoirs with pump cause build up between the pump and the reservoir were the liquid is standing and there is no flow.

Watercool

Heat Killer

With Restriction Plate - FAIL

Standing for 1 week - Fail
    Constant flow fast rate - Fail
    Temperature + 8 to 10c
    Long term Testing - Fail
    (Build up in block found)

With out Restriction Plate - PASS

Temperature + 2.8 to 4c

EK

Supreme LT AMD Acetal AMR3 - PASS

Temperature + 3.1 to 4.3c
    Long term testing - on going

Phobya

DC12-400 12 Volt Pump - PASS
    Balancer 150 Black Nickel - PASS -=Out standing effect's=-
    S.1366 / 1156 Water Block - PASS
    G-Changer 240 - PASS

Full testing not complete yet - Updates more often over at http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/v...Range-work-log
    Unfortunately the HeatKiller block is much closer to what most guys are running (any high end new block, even the EK Supreme HF)...than the LT.

This liquid does indeed look nice, but injection plate blocks (again, more than 50% of recent blocks on the market) looks like they have issues?
    Smile

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast