Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing arround - Copper pearlescent 1 off Pre-mix

Xtreme Addict
    When this liquid is fully up and running. I will be adding a peace of what it does work with and what it doesn't or hasn't been tested on.

Im trying to get different blocks from makers so that we can give the end user a full working list on what it has been tested on so that the user will know.
    It has all ready taken a lot of effort to get this far with it.

Like i all ways say and this is quite simple and the same goes with all our products "if you don't like it, then don't buy it!"
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

Xtreme Member
    Well I think it looks great, and I can definitely see a place for it in one of my future builds if all the testing goes well!
    System Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x2gb G-Skill Ripjaw 2133mhz
    MSI Radeon R9 290X
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    2x Crucial M4 256gb RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.12 3TB HDD
    Corsair AX860i.

Watercooling Specs
    EK Supreme HF, XSPC EX360, XSPC EX240, DDC Ultra w/aquacomputer top, Aqualis XT res, Kryographics 290X GPU block

Xtreme Addict
    Oky Not fully tested but working on it like mad.

70nm Pearlesnt Premixed Liquid - 70nm should stop blocking in Injection plate systems how ever just got the EK block that ST kindly donated for testing. The partial size is 70nm to 150nm .. So yeh its a nano liquid but it wont be called that when finished.....

Picks below

Picture of it standing still.

Last edited by mlwood37; 07-27-2011 at 07:03 AM.

I am Xtreme
    I have one or two of those split reservoirs still. Trade?
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    whoa, i really love that blue liquid you got there... that would look stunning in a full build!
    System Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    MSI Radeon R9 290X
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Seagate 7200.12 3TB HDD
    Corsair AX860i.

Watercooling Specs
    EK Supreme HF, XSPC EX360, XSPC EX240, DDC Ultra w/aquacomputer top, Aqualis XT res, Kryographics 290X GPU block

I am Xtreme
    That blue stuff looks fantastic.

Xtreme Member
    Well done on this.
    It looks fantastic.

after seeing this i was going to ask you about a blue version.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    !~!

as a side question, is there any way you could get a shot of what that looks like, but through a much thinner res? i've a case idea i'm working on and need a blue/white colored water for it. i will more than likely end up using LED's behind it to light it up, so the white isn't something outstandingly needed. but the blue is.

long story short, think of a stargate, the 'event horizon'.
    how would that blue look in that?

make sense?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by IFMU View Post
    after seeing this i was going to ask you about a blue version.

long story short, think of a stargate, the 'event horizon'.
    how would that blue look in that?

make sense?
    First off you will need to light this coming from the direction your looking. If you light it from behind you wont get the full effect. You can see the effect in the tubing as well depending on the light. So a smaller res would be fine. How ever 1 thing to consider with this fluid is its movement. The faster the flow the more erratic the looks. The slower the flow the more subtle the looks. Now this isnt a strong pearl look its very light as if we use to much pearl it will be to much for the system.

All so a thing to note you will get fall out when the system is off and the pearl will settle (due to gravity). How ever they are that small that as soon as water is flowing again the pearl instantly get moved around again. They don't clump or stick together as there is a coating on them preventing this plus the fact that the pre-mixed liquid all so prevents this.

The nm range in the blue 25nm to 125nm with the 25nm giving the brightest look and the 125nm giving a shimmering effect. If we just used 70nm it wouldn't look as effective so this has a much wider scope and range.

Ive been testing Mayhems Deep Purple + silver tonight and that gives out standing results. Ive still got many more colours to run though yet though with nearly 5 different shades of each colour so i need to perfect the correct colour match. All so i need to Lessen how much pearl i need as this has to be bought in 5kg lots and its not the cheapest stuff you can buy. What il consider first though is doing a base release range then ill consider doing more complex colours later on with different effects.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    What does it do with black?

Xtreme Addict
    Black and silver is probably the best looking liquid so far and it creates silver swirls in the black sort of reminds me of barbarella type of retro effect... Btw its more very deep purple + sliver than black.

edited.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-28-2011 at 03:07 AM.

that is fraking awesome looking!

This really is awesome when i saw the blue one i loved it, but when i saw the purple one i was in a trance
    Don't ever think you have the best rig, there's always better.

Xtreme Member
    I could certainly use this in Echo. Just thought I finished it, but looks like there's one more thing to add. :-)

Project Echo | Fractal-Design Array Rev2 | i5 750 | DFI LANPARTY MI P55-T36 | 2x2GB A-Data | Fractal SFF 300w MDPC-X sleeved orange and black | HD5870 | Kingston V-Series 64GB SSD | 2TB HDD | EK Supreme HF | EK-DCP 4.0 | EK Multioption 250 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 120 | EK-PSC Fitting 12mm - G1/4 Black | 5870 fullcover block |
    Theory | By Hannes ~ A Lian Li sculpture | Lian Li PC-8NB | AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE | Asus Crosshair IV Formula | Cooler Master V8 | 2x Laing D5 + Bitspower TOP + MOD-kit | Bitspower 250 + 150 RES | EK-CoolStream-RAD XT 240 | 19mm 1/4G Bitspower Shiny Silver + Matte black Fittings, rotaries, fillports, plugs etc etc. | MDPC-X Color -X, Black and White Sleeve.

Sponsors: Lian Li, ASUS, Bitspower, Cooler Master, EkWaterblocks, Misco.se, Fractal-Design, PCB Distribution AB, Coolingstuff.se, Enermax.

Xtreme Member
    wow! this is some amazing stuff!
    Evga 680i * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb g.skill Pi * Evga GTX260 (216) - sli * x-fi fatality * Corsair HX1000
    Asus Striker II Formula * Q6600 G0 * 4x2gb corsair * Evga 9600gso * corsair hx620
    #3 WIP
    Asrock Z77 Extreme4-M * 3570K * 2x2gb samsung * 60gb SSD

Xtreme Addict
    Put me down for a bottle of the black. I have a GPU only loop it'll go great in. (EK FC470, MCP 35something or other, Swiftech MCR220, Koolance 401x2)

If a dark green looks that good, I'll go for it and throw it on my CPU loop and get new clear tubing. CPU loop is a Kryos though... Well, I can still guinea pig the GPU stuff anywho.

Xtreme Addict
    Just pulled apart the EK block and not i shred of blocking very happy. Quickly put it under the microscope as well and again no sign of blocking but hell its sparkly.

A quick shot of what you may see what good lighting, Clear tubing and a clear res .... How ever Good lighting is a must.

Money shots as there called. These are a bit fake really because the camera is capturing it mid action. Ill get a vid up later on when i have the time and you'll see it better....

Name could be "Mayhems Galaxy range" !!!!! Maybe from what you guys have all ready said. dunno might have to think of some thing .....

I reckon with a large tube res the effect will be more prominent ... i dont think a bay res will do it as much just but i don't have one so cannot test that.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-28-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    It's excellent work, and I'm sure you're getting more responses like mine on other forums.

PM me when you get ready to send this stuff out. I'm serious, I want at least a bottle of the black.

Xtreme Addict
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justin-timberlake-jizz-in-my-pants-12.jpg 
Views:	888 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	118305

-pb
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme Addict
    Holy Santa Claus $hit.... If you don't sell me a bottle of that black & silver I'm gonna pee your pants..

Looks incredible my friend! I have a build waiting for it..
    Sandy Bridge 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.28v | MSI p67a-gd65 B3 Mobo | Samsung ddr3 8gb |
    Swiftech apogee drive II | Coolgate 120| GTX660ti w/heat killer gpu x| Seasonic x650 PSU

QX9650 @ 4ghz | P5K-E/WIFI-AP Mobo | Hyperx ddr2 1066 4gb | EVGA GTX560ti 448 core FTW @ 900mhz | OCZ 700w Modular PSU |
    DD MC-TDX CPU block | DD Maze5 GPU block | Black Ice Xtreme II 240 Rad | Laing D5 Pump

Xtreme Member
    Where do you live?
    I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED the black version now.
    This stuff looks incredible.

I am Xtreme
    Now I know this stuff is meant for looks over performance, but any idea how much of an increase in temperatures would we see over plain old distilled?

Xtreme Member
    Oh wow! It keeps getting better. I thought the blue looked good, but the black is even better! No chance of a blood/deep red is there?
    System Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    MSI Radeon R9 290X
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    Seagate 7200.12 3TB HDD
    Corsair AX860i.

Watercooling Specs

Xtreme Addict
    Testing for temps and comparison to plain old Mayhems Ultra Pure H20 will begin once the parts from www.phobya.com arrive.

This will be ongoing tests for a couple of months though so we can check every thing is fine.

Please may i request no more PM's asking for this. Its not for sale, its not for swaps, there is no ETA or any thing till tests are complete. I will not rush this out until im 101% happy it works with out any problems.

If you would some thing for free then join my facebook group for a chance to win some thing.

Mick

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast