Thread: Pools are better???

Xtreme Legend

Pools are better???

You know how mining in a pool is supposed to be better than going it alone because the odds are you will find the block quicker?

Well, I've taken pity on these guys (at a personal cost) and thrown in with them to help finish a round that has been going for nearly 15 days

I just hope I get the 5 BTC bounty for finding this one

https://pool.bitp.it

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well it looks like someone hit it about 4 hours ago. I hope it was you!
    Small pools could be frustrating, too. Feast or famine!

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've been using bitcoins.lc since the DDoS at BTCGuild which is a significantly smaller pool. It was a bit worrisome going 12+ hours on a regular basis for a block (a few almost 24h), but my rewards are also nearly 10x as large. There are still frequently 20 minute or less blocks in the mix so it does seem that the notion of all pools being equal over the long term is true, I am seeing the same general income, just more sporadic within any random window of time.

Work/Game System - ~24/7 WCG
    ASUS P8P67 PRO / i7 2600k @ 4.1Ghz / Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 / 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9

HTPC -~24/7 WCG
    Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 / i7 2600k @ 4.0Ghz / Sapphire Radeon HD5830 / 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Essentials @ 1333Mhz 9-9-9

XS WCG Team Forum - http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom128 View Post
    I've been using bitcoins.lc since the DDoS at BTCGuild which is a significantly smaller pool. It was a bit worrisome going 12+ hours on a regular basis for a block (a few almost 24h), but my rewards are also nearly 10x as large. There are still frequently 20 minute or less blocks in the mix so it does seem that the notion of all pools being equal over the long term is true, I am seeing the same general income, just more sporadic within any random window of time.
    Same here, i initially went to deepbit after the DDoS on BTCGuild, but then Deepbit went down.
    I am currently at slushs pool.

all pools paid the same in the long run.

312 Xeon Threads + GTX 1080 + GTX 1070 + BFL Monarch 700

Xtreme Enthusiast

BitClockers.com Mining Pool

The smaller the pool the bigger the variation in time finding a block, If you go Solo your chance of finding a block in a few months is slim unless your have 10+ GigaHash/s of computing power.

I strongly recommend mining on a secure and stable pool like BitClockers mining pool. whatch for high fees like deepbit even tho it has more total hashing power than any other pool the fees for mining there are very high.
    "If It Doesn't Overclock Its Broken"
    "NexGen Overclocking"
    "Overclocking, its a life style"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I am having connection problems with this pool. Is it related to a drop in pool's total hash rate? Are you having temporary problems right now? If not, sorry mate: bitcoins.lc is much more reliable. I was averaging 1450Mh/s vs 1150Mh/s at bitclockers.
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The drop in hash rate is a false reading on the website, new code was implemented to prevent pool hoppers from taking advantage of other non hopping users on the pool.

Can you be more specific about connection problems? Where were you reading your hash rate? Where are you located? Pool.Bitclockers is a USA pool depending on your location you may need to try another pool (2-4)

Have you tried any of the alternate pools?

Pool.Bitclockers.com
    Pool2.Bitclockers.com
    Pool3.Bitclockers.com
    Pool4.Bitclockers.com
    "NexGen Overclocking"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was reading my hash rate from guiminer and never bothered looking at websites. I'm in EU and I've no idea where bitcoins.lc is from.
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ ggdh, Pool 3 is a European pool give that one a try. as far as GUI Miner reporting a lower hash rate that should not be caused by the pool but by hardware/software on your mining rig. The client hashing rate is independent of the mining pool your are submitting work too.
    "NexGen Overclocking"

Xtreme Cruncher
    I was looking at guiminer while mining: 2 cards at the time out of 4 had connection problems and it was directly reflected in kill-a-watt reading. After changing to bitcoins.lc (no reset, just changing server settings without restarting guiminer) it worked at 100% load all the time.

But I may want to give it a try again, though...
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by V2-V3 View Post
    The drop in hash rate is a false reading on the website, new code was implemented to prevent pool hoppers from taking advantage of other non hopping users on the pool.

Can you be more specific about connection problems? Where were you reading your hash rate? Where are you located? Pool.Bitclockers is a USA pool depending on your location you may need to try another pool (2-4)

Have you tried any of the alternate pools?

Pool.Bitclockers.com
    Pool2.Bitclockers.com
    Pool3.Bitclockers.com
    Pool4.Bitclockers.com
    Can you tell me where each pool is located?
    Main Rig

Gigabyte z78x-OC Bios F5n
    i7-4770k batch L310B492 Malay @ 4.5ghz with HT 1.2v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD (boot drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port4
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Suppreme HF Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Server
    HAF 932
    Gigabyte z77x-UD3H F13
    i7-3770S batch 3212B621 supports VT-D and low power
    32GB 4x8gb Muskin Enhanced Blackline 10-10-10-27@1.65v
    Vmware vSphere ESXi 5.0u1
    4x500GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.D Raid 10 on a IBM M1015 <- DataStore
    Sapphire HD 5850

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    You know how mining in a pool is supposed to be better than going it alone because the odds are you will find the block quicker?

Well, I've taken pity on these guys (at a personal cost) and thrown in with them to help finish a round that has been going for nearly 15 days

I just hope I get the 5 BTC bounty for finding this one

https://pool.bitp.it

lol they are going on 3.5 days now. i really have not noticed a difference between btc guild (other than the long payout).
    [MOBO] Asus CrossHair Formula 5 AM3+
    [GPU] ATI 6970 x2 Crossfire 2Gb
    [RAM] G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600
    [CPU] AMD FX-8120 @ 4.8 ghz
    [COOLER] XSPC Rasa 750 RS360 WaterCooling
    [OS] Windows 8 x64 Enterprise
    [HDD] OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD
    [AUDIO] Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1