Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Steam Version For Battlefield 3

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    *cough* mass effect *cough* or alice... they all have dlc not available through steam, published by ea and didn't get pulled.
    I played Mass Effect 2 and liked it so I looked for DLC to keep playing.
    I found that:
    1) I had to register into Bioware's own social network (I don't even have a Facebook account).
    2) I had to buy "Bioware points" to redeem DLC ¿?
    3)It was all the opposite of fast and easy.

Had I been able to buy DLC straight from Steam I would had done it, but this stupid way of managing the DLC just made me think that when ME3 comes out I'd rather download a pirate complete version.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
    Thats what I am saying. EA put it on Steam at the normal price and for the people wanting to save a few bucks it may get them to go to Origin for the game. I think this whole move is totally dumb, but I would see this way making more profit for EA and or getting people to go to Origin.

I will most likely be buying a hard copy so it doesn't really bother me.
    Actually it doesn't cost less on Origin.
    Also...origin doesn't sync settings and downloads an exe that you might install before playing...and hell we know how EA servers are...
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Guru
    Ironically, as we were talking about all this, Origin's servers were down and out of the majority of the day yesterday. I think I'll eat my words now...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am so sick of EA and more importantly PunkBuster's crap. Can't run Afterburner without PB hard locking my machine, get kicked/banned for "dropping key packets" to which there is absolutely no solid resolution to either. Good riddance to either, and they're not getting a single penny out of me ever again.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    Ironically, as we were talking about all this, Origin's servers were down and out of the majority of the day yesterday. I think I'll eat my words now...
    Yes, I found that out after trying to restart a download that was 80% complete. I now have to start the download from scratch.

This is also a game that I had a backup copy from EADM, when they moved to Origin the client deleted my backup files.

They changed the system so you can't backup and install games like you used to with EADM.

Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    I am so sick of EA and more importantly PunkBuster's crap. Can't run Afterburner without PB hard locking my machine, get kicked/banned for "dropping key packets" to which there is absolutely no solid resolution to either. Good riddance to either, and they're not getting a single penny out of me ever again.
    atleast punk buster dose something, unlike VAC. and its not like there is another choice for an anticheat if u are not on steam only.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
    It's not news that EA servers sucks...they are underpowered for doing something like steam does. More than all they aren't able to copy/paste the steam features
    TRUE Lapped - Intel Core i7 2600k 4,7Ghz - ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 - Nvidia GTX 1080 FE - 16Gb Crucial 2133 Mhz CL9 1,51v - Crucial M4 256Gb - Crucial MX300 1050Gb - Corsair AX850 - Fractal Define R3

Xtreme Member
    VAC IMO is a good anti cheat. Yes its slow but it does catch up with you eventually. I know many players that have been VAC banned.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZero.it View Post
    It's not news that EA servers sucks...they are underpowered for doing something like steam does. More than all they aren't able to copy/paste the steam features
    I can't play BLOPs right now since I'm getting that "this game is currently unavailable" message that I've seen more than once this week.

I guess that its ok when it Valve though.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    Yes, I found that out after trying to restart a download that was 80% complete. I now have to start the download from scratch.

This is also a game that I had a backup copy from EADM, when they moved to Origin the client deleted my backup files.

They changed the system so you can't backup and install games like you used to with EADM.
    i like how they make it easy for u to delete game installer after u install the game. 2 huge buttons under settings, and everytime u change folder that delete installer option pops up

if this is how its going to be, then no DLC for me
    "Thanks for the f-shack. Love, Dirty Mike & The Boys" - from Dirty Mike & The Boys

Iron Within Iron Without
    Well , I was looking forward to this game so Box it is. After a long time it will be a nice change. Not that I don't like Steam , hell I have everything though Steam, I welcome the box after a couple of years.
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther_Seraphi View Post
    VAC IMO is a good anti cheat. Yes its slow but it does catch up with you eventually. I know many players that have been VAC banned.
    lol have you ever played Counter Strike 1.6 or Counter Strike Source? Those Games Are So Riddled With Cheaters Its Ridiculous, I Had A Friend Who Hacked His Way All The Way To CEVO Main,
    He Had The Most Kills In The Entire League With The AWP, His Team Placed Second Or Third In The Alienware Tournament, He Was Eventually Caught And Banned,
    But He Played At Least 3 Tournaments Before They Found Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_Seraphi View Post
    the problem with vac is that it runs out of protected memory space and it runs when steam runs and not all the time, now that is much nicer and dose not steel 10-25MB of ram but it also makes it easily hooked and completely bypassed, were PB cannot be hooked and bypassed so the cheats have to be undetected to run. and u cannot have VAC without being steam only so its not like they are going for that since they are blocking steam by going with their own service.

on a side note, dosnt EA publish valves content (the owners of steam) in retail channels and for consoles.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast TheBlueChanell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halofanman View Post
    lol have you ever played Counter Strike 1.6 or Counter Strike Source? Those Games Are So Riddled With Cheaters Its Ridiculous, I Had A Friend Who Hacked His Way All The Way To CEVO Main,
    He Had The Most Kills In The Entire League With The AWP, His Team Placed Second Or Third In The Alienware Tournament, He Was Eventually Caught And Banned,
    But He Played At Least 3 Tournaments Before They Found Out.
    Are you talking about Variance perhaps? That's got nothing to do with the game but rather CEVO being a horrible league, with horrible anti-cheat admins/client and no longer in NA does it hold any merit. ESEA is where the scene is at and their anti-cheat is above anything CEVO and CAL could ever dream of.
    Main: 900D - Prime 1000T - Asus Crosshair VI Extreme - R7 1700X @ 4.0ghz - RX Vega 64? - 32GB DDR4 3466 - 1TB 960 Pro -
    --- XSPC AX360 x3 - HK IV Pro - HK RX480 - HK 200 D5 - BP Compression ---
    HTPC: 250D - Prime 850T - Gigabyte G1 ITX - i7 6700K @ 4.5ghz - GTX 1080 Ti - 16GB 3200 - 1TB 960 Pro -
    --- ST30 x UT60 - Kyros HF - KryoGraphics 1080 - HK100 DDC - Monsoon Compression ---
    HV01: Define XL R2 - Prime 1200P - Asus Zenith Extreme - TR 1950X - RX580CF - 128GB DDR4 ECC - 512GB 960P - 4x 2TB RE
    HV02: Node 804 - Prime 850T - SuperMicro X1SSH - E3-1230 v6 - Vega FE - 64GB ECC - 512GB 960 Pro - 4x 6TB Gold -

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueChanell View Post
    Are you talking about Variance perhaps? That's got nothing to do with the game but rather CEVO being a horrible league, with horrible anti-cheat admins/client and no longer in NA does it hold any merit. ESEA is where the scene is at and their anti-cheat is above anything CEVO and CAL could ever dream of.
    A+ From Blight Everki, I just looked him up and hes on the nerdbuster LOL
    http://www.nerdbuster.com/2011/04/bl...-and-criminal/
    We Are Getting A Little Bit Off Topic Here, But ESEA uses Its Own Anti Cheat Client not VAC

Xtreme Monster
    Quote Originally Posted by RCG_Bex View Post
    I love steam... and yes it's a bit slow at patching but I'd rather have all my games in 1 place available to download at any time than have a million games boxes taking up space
    Very much of what I think too.

Xtreme Addict
    Mwa ha, people who think that buying the box version will deliver them from using Origin might be a bit naive if the system is designed as Steam.
    Steamworks games have to be activated through Steam and it wouldn't surprise me if Origin games required you an Origin account.

Dear lord, this and Win8 rumours have made the worst week for PC gaming ever.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
    I can't play BLOPs right now since I'm getting that "this game is currently unavailable" message that I've seen more than once this week.

I guess that its ok when it Valve though.
    Its summer sale.. thats way... any steam veteran know this always happens when such huge sales are done. The smart ones just change content server, while all others complain. With the start of the summer sale i switched to south korea/japan content server and never had a problem dl or playing stuff the last 2 weeks. Now im changing back.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by El Maño View Post
    1) I had to register into Bioware's own social network (I don't even have a Facebook account)
    that's ok, most spaniards either use Tuenti, or simply meet up at "el retiro"

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    Its summer sale.. thats way... any steam veteran know this always happens when such huge sales are done. The smart ones just change content server, while all others complain. With the start of the summer sale i switched to south korea/japan content server and never had a problem dl or playing stuff the last 2 weeks. Now im changing back.
    The summer sale was long over. I tried quite a few servers with no luck. I had this happen every once in a while as well.

My point is that Steam isn't perfect either.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kuroikenshi View Post
    that's ok, most spaniards either use Tuenti, or simply meet up at "el retiro"
    What do you mean with this and why is it ok?

Xtreme Addict
    that's what I was told

Xtreme Cruncher
    Under your bed. No, seriously, take a look.
    And I was told the term "spaniard" is despective. How about that? (sincere question)
    "Death is so sure of winning its race against us that she give us all our lifetime as an advantage"

Rig #1 "Core2Quadra"
    Asus P5E
    Intel Core2Quad Q6600
    2x2Gb Corsair Dominator DDR2
    XFX GeForce 285GTX
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX (Physx and Triplehead Support)
    Intel X-25M G2 80Gb
    2xWD Caviar Blue 1Tb each (RAID 0)
    AeroCool 750Horse Power
    Coolermaster Cosmos S case
    Cooling: all internal Dual Water Loop
    CPU Loop: Swiftech MCR Drive + D-Tek Fuzion v2
    GPUs Loop: Swiftech MCR320QP, MCP355, EK-Res, EK FC285GTX, D-Tek Fuzion GPU
    EK & BitsPower fittings & Primochill Pro Black tubing

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i cant believe so many people are complaining about it not being on steam. usually its the other way around cuz people get mad when they cant play on steam cuz the servers are down or theres an issue and cant play. so if it was just the way bc2 is all would be fine on both sides. i dont care wut its on i will buy it if it is a good PC(not port) game. if its a good game people will play it. off to play some bc2 on pc name is nate85 add me!
    cpu: 2600k@ 4.5ghz
    mobo: asus p8p67 deluxe
    ram: gskill ripjaw x F3-10666CL7D-8GBXH
    gfx: gigabyte gtx460
    psu:corsair 520hx
    case: antec 900
    cpu cooling: Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B

500mhz cas 3 club: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=235630
    p4 511 2.8ghz@ 5004mhz :http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=124434
    p4 541 3.2ghz@ 4909mhz :http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=157470

Xtreme Enthusiast
    It's EA's game, let them sell it however they want. You dont see Valve giving people the chance to buy Portal 2 or any of it's other games on Direct2Drive, or any other Downloadable service.

The game is groundbreaking, i doubt this cost ea many sales at all. People may say they gonna boycott, or not buy the game, but when it comes down to it, they will. :P
    This is not as bad as when IW took dedi's out of MW2 and then forced people to install steam to play their game. I remember tons of ppl said they were gonna boycott that, hell, they even made their own steam group dedicated to boycotting the game, now if you go look at the group, 3/4 of the ppl own the game.... lol

Also, to the ppl who are complaining about problems with origin, keep in mind, it's BETA. It's not complete. It's not meant to compete with steam, EA just doesn't want to have to pay Valve money everytime it patches its game, or comes out with a DLC pack.

EA and Steam are just into it. Steam lets other companies get away with the same thing EA's trying to do (Ubisoft comes to mind), they just see Origin as competition, when it's really not.
    Last edited by jasonelmore; 07-13-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Main Rig
    • Intel Core i7 4790K CPU Stock @ 4.4Ghz
    • Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard
    • 32GB GSKILL Trident X 2400MHZ RAM
    • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB GDDR5
    • Corsair TX850W v2 TX Power Supply 70A 12V Rail
    • Swiftech Apex Ultima w/ Apogee Drive II & Dual 120 RAD w/integrated res
    • 2X Seagate 333AS 1TB 7,200 32MB HD's in RAID 0
    • 2X Samsung 830's 128GB in RAID 0
    • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
    • Coolermaster HAF-XB
    • Dual Asus ProArt PA248Q 24" IPS LED Monitors