Thread: Core i7 920 high L3 cache latency/low memory bandwidth?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Core i7 920 high L3 cache latency/low memory bandwidth?

At first I thought this was an Everest bug, but Everest is reading bandwidth correctly because memory/uncore performance has dropped. The L3 cache has been like this ever since I put the 920 back in yesterday after having the 970 in for a couple of days.

I've done everything I normally would to sort out a problem like this - reset CMOS, reseated memory, reset BIOS etc. but to no avail.

Memory bandwidth should be along the lines of 21000 read, 18000 write, 25000 copy, and L3 latency should be nearer 3 ns.

Anybody have any idea what's going on, and how it's possible to influence L3 cache performance?

The rig is absolutely solid - LinX stable, 8 hours of Prime 95 overnight last night - but the bandwidth is crippled...

Here's Everest:
    i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seems to have sorted itself out - bandwidth back to normal, L3 cache latency back to normal, gflops back up in LinX ...

i7 920 D0 | TRUE Cu | ASUS RIIIE | 6GB Dominator GT | Gigabyte GTX480 Special Edition | Win7 Ultimate x64

I am Xtreme
    everest and AIDA are all about C states... enable them and both proggies wil show a huge boost, real time effect... nothing to be concerned about... a also never compare resultss of different versions... it's a real no go
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks Leeghoofd I was really curious what BIOS setting it was, and you answered it. I have three versions of Everest (5, 5.3, and 5.5) and they were all giving the exact same readings. I accidentally posted two different screens, but they were the same, honest