Thread: Crosshair IV Formula SLI enabled

Xtreme Member

Crosshair IV Formula SLI enabled

So, I've done some research, on how a board informs the nVidia driver that it has the nvidia license to run SLI. It seams like there's a string, in the BIOS that takes care of this.

The Crosshair IV Formula doesn't officially supports SLI (sure, you can use SLI hack) but given that it is very similar to the SLI supporting CVF - I'm pretty confident that a good bios moder can do the trick, and enable the old bugger to run SLI "natively".

Here are the BIOSes in question:
    IVF->ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/so...-ASUS-1902.zip
    VF->ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/So...-ASUS-0506.zip

Anyone up for the job?

Any input would be appreciated. Recommended tools. Known bios records. Anything.

Cheers

Banned
    although it seems like a good idea, this would be a single board solution, and would make no sense at all, as a multi board/multi platform, solution already excists. the hack you described is already mature enough to be used by the most amatuer of users.

and no matter what nvidia does to thwart it, my good friend Anatolymik, can circumvent it,

regards

Hans

Xtreme Member
    You're right, about the "single board solution" - but it seems to me, given the same brand and the same BIOS development team - the actual mod, might be really easy...

I'm sure Anatolymik does a great job mate

Banned
    from what i know about bios modding, it is not as easy as you think, there are a few 'gifted' bios guys, but most of the gang are good for a few things and thats it. and remember, once the bios is modded it needs to be flashed to test it, the reality here is a lot of newbies with dead boards for many reasons, do a bad hack of sli, and its a windows instal at the worst.

good luck with your endevours, i myself use SLI on AMD, and have done for years, so any way forward in this cause is great, but to be honest i think the war has already been won, we have forced Nvidia to recognise the wants of SLI users, once again peeps make the rules, and the makers follow.

as a pointer, head over to bios mods http://bios-mods.com/2011/02/the-bes...-here-welcome/ to see if one of the guys wants to do a mod, sometimes its more of a challenge than anything

power to the people (Citizen Cane)

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the site, seems rather useful!

I'll look into it by myself, for now - but I'd appreciate any relevant input. So 'll check the thread from time to time

Cheers

Xtreme Member

Sli on amd board

Hi, Reviving an old thread I found a few ways to accomplish this though have not been successful in finding a full solution but the trick is to slip an nvidia sli certificate into the acpi tables and then run modded hal drivers. In theory anyhow. I found that Phoenix tools utility was built for doing this if not for not being compatible with the crosshair iv formula bios. But there should be a way to extract the tables using mmtool and patch the acpi tables. Anyone want to try?
    Motherboard: EVGA Classified 759
    CPU: Intel 920 D0 2.66 @ 3.8ghz
    Ram: 6gb 1600 DDR3 7-7-7-20 Corsair Dominators
    PSU: PC Power Cooling 1200 ESA
    Audio: SB X-Fi Titanium
    Video: Trifire XFX 6970
    Harddrives: WD3000HLFSx2+ OCZ 120G Vertex SSD
    Cooling: HK 3.0 - XPSC360 Rad - MCP655 pump