Thread: Enermax SpineRex Mod

HardstylerDK

Enermax SpineRex Mod

Now it's time for a new casemod.

Im glad to tell you that i've recieved Enermax's newest case called SpineRex.

This casemod will be a price to a winner in a Nordic competition between Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

I will do my best to get this casemod to shine like nothing else you've ever seen.

The color theme will be Black & Red, maybe with some airbrush here and there. Only the time will tell :p

Since i started this casemod, i've been so lucky to get some sponsors, so i would like to take a little time to say thanks to those who is helping us !

Enermax - Enermax Technology Corporation

Bitfenix - BitFenix.com

EK - Home | EkWaterBlocks

At first i will show you some pictures of the case i will be modding.

Here's the left side of the case, where we've got a 200mm fan with some leds which can switch between Blue and Red colors, there's also a On/Off switch for the fan itself.

Here's the case from the front, where we've got the bays for dvd drives etc. Enermax chosen to shine them up with a lot of mesh I like :thumb:

Here's the right side of the case, nothing new to see here.

Now let's take a look of the inside. Enermax made a pc enthusiast happy including my self, by making a LARGE hole in the motherboard tray, to make it easier to mount either a waterblock or just a large CPU cooler. And as you can see, they've also chosen to paint the case black inside, which made it a lot easier for me, as i don't have to disassembly the whole case to paint it.

Here we've got all the cables to On/Off button, two 120mm fans which is mounted in the front, sata cable for e-sata, and the motherboard cables.

Here we've got the right side without the sidepanel. As you can see the hole for mounting a backplate is very big :thumb: Thumbs up for that Enermax.

Now that we've seen the case from outside to the inside, we've got to start the disassembly of the case.

I want to paint all the mesh red, this includes the mesh on the top, the mesh on the left side and the panel on top of the case.

So now that i've disassembled the mesh, i started out by grinding all the parts down with some wet sanding paper grain 1000.

Now that it's all grinded down, it's gotta be primed. As i want the red color to really shine i've chosen a very light grey primer.

Finally i've got it all primed and ready for the red paint to be sprayed on.

It's not orange as it looks like on the last picture, it's just the flash from my camera, but it looks neat

This is all that i've got for you right now, but more will come
    Last edited by HardstylerDK; 08-17-2011 at 10:08 AM.

good.. nice
    CPU: Q6600 MOBO: Maximus Formula RAM: 4gb VGA: 4850 HDD: C300 64gb TELA: 22" CASE: CM 690II Advanced | PSU: 750z-af
    Steam | Xfire | BFBC2
    www.hallaor.com

Xtreme Member
    Nice work brow , hehehe i would love to win that one, Happy modding! ...Go sweden :P

HardstylerDK
    Thanks both of you Just doing what i love the most

HardstylerDK
    So now it's time for a little update.

The casefeets looked a little to standard, so i wanted to do something to make them a little bit cooler

As i had some lexan/polycarbonat laing around, i thought i'd use that for the casefeets. So i masked it with some masking tape, took one of the casefeets and drew a thin line around it, did that four times and voila im ready to cut it out with my jigsaw.

Done done done, now the feets are cut out and sanded a little.

Obviously we've got to add some leds to the feets. I drilled 8 holes in each feet with a 3mm drill bit so that my 3mm leds would fit.

Now i just need to order some resistors so i can solder it all together.

HardstylerDK
    Just a small update.

Wanted to see how it looked with the nice red paint, so here's a couple of eyecandy shots.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Looking good HardstylerDK. Will definitely follow this one....and welcome to XS btw
    The whole world's hip and thats not cool !

Rip Van Hippy

Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected ?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

-------------------------

HardstylerDK
    Thx Sioux.

HardstylerDK
    Just got it all assembled, to see how it looks. When i get my water separator i will play around with some airbrush on the front bezels, and on the mesh on the side panel.

But here's some pictures of the case as it looks right now. Hope you digg it, cause i do ! :thumb:

I also ordered some resistors for the casefeets, so i hope I'll get them in a couple of days.

HardstylerDK
    Update time, however it's only a little one

Yesterday i recieved a package from Bitfenix, the package contained :

2 Alchemy Led Strips - 30cm - Red
    2 Alchemy Led Strips - 30cm - Blue

Here's some pictures of them.

These will be placed somewhere in the case, where - i don't know yet.

HardstylerDK
    Time for an update.

Please bear over with me, it's gonna be a looong update

A week ago i received a package from EK which wanted to help us out with this fantastic mod ! Hell yeah, and a BIG thanks to EK for helping us out!

Now, let's get to the update.

Here's the kit i've received from EK.

The backside og the box, where all the information about the kit is.

Let's unpack it ! So here's all the parts, im quite surprised that all the parts could be in such a small box!

Let's mount the radiator. Sadly there was'nt made holes for the radiator to be mounted, so i drilled the holes myself using a stencil i made out of paper. And then WUPTI, it's mounted !

Still a lot of space to work with.

The EK Coolstream XT240 fits perfectly into the case.

The fans i've received from Enermax, had some cables with buttons to change the "color mode", i wanted them to be easily accessible, so i mounted them on the top of the front panel.

Drilled out the holes and glued them onto the front panel. Now i just gotta make some buttons to go on to the buttons so you dont have to use a stick to press them with

Looks quite good already :P

I've also mounted the Alchemy led strips i received from Bitfenix, but i want say a lot about them, but just leave the pictures to tell the story

That's it for now Hope you digg the changes I've made :thumb:

Xtreme Member
    good work sofar!

HardstylerDK
    KSKZ_91 - Thanks man, appreciate it

HardstylerDK
    Update update update.

Finally got the casefeets done and wired it all together and had put some molex connector on for easy connecting.

Here's what it looks like, though it's dinnertime here so i'll put some pictures up again when it's dark

Personally i think it looks quite nice.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.